IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Cars and Coffee Irvine 1/4/14

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-14, 11:07 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cars and Coffee Irvine 1/4/14

Anyone thinking of going to Cars and Coffee Irvine tomorrow? Heard its going to be big since its the first one of the year. Would be nice to see some of you guys out. I'll be there at 5:30am
Old 01-04-14, 01:20 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a while since the last time I went (and I live in Irvine too)...
Old 01-04-14, 08:19 AM
SpmMorrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard a rumor that 4dr cars are not welcome at the event. Is this true? If so are you just parking the Isf in the regular parking lot. I want to plan a trip to one of these
Old 01-04-14, 09:52 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Really? I thought I saw plenty of 4dr's before.
OP, how was C&C today?
Old 01-04-14, 11:26 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SpmMorrow
I heard a rumor that 4dr cars are not welcome at the event. Is this true? If so are you just parking the Isf in the regular parking lot. I want to plan a trip to one of these
Originally Posted by kdm
Really? I thought I saw plenty of 4dr's before.
OP, how was C&C today?
I was driving into C&C today at 5:55am with my supra friends and they turned me around because I had a 4 door car.. behind me was a V6 mustang and a few mins after me was a stock integra dc2.

They let in a stock g37, stock hatchback civic and a ton of miatas.

I really did feel like arguing and make him defend his ability to judge what cars should be allowed into the show area but didn't want to start any trouble.

Cars and coffee was ok, the usual ferrari/lambo crowd was there but the highlight was a Koenigsegg CCX

Old 01-04-14, 11:47 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Why do they turn away 4 door cars? Is there a specific reason?
Old 01-04-14, 11:56 AM
quarius
Pole Position

Yeah I was there back in November, arrived about 5:45 and still I got handed the notice. Really makes me not want to go anymore
Attached Thumbnails Cars and Coffee Irvine 1/4/14-2014-01-04-11.54.27.jpg  
Old 01-04-14, 12:12 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

That's the most retarded thing I've seen, I would go with a bunch of F's and stand up the organizer. The C&C by me welcomes ALL cars regardless of make or model. A car meet is about having a good time, not favoritism. Lame.
Old 01-04-14, 12:44 PM
kdm
Pole Position

I understand they want to do that for the "wow" factor to have more people to come but it's still ridiculous.

And since when were 4 door cars not cool enough for display? If we get a caravan and an ISF of each color lined up, I'm sure it'll garner a lot of attention! I'd rather see this on display than, say, a Ferrari Enzo, honestly.
Old 01-04-14, 12:59 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It certainly isn't a welcoming environment if they mandate certain cars to park elsewhere and not be part of the event itself. Seeing that notice comes to mind all the great newer cars of today's generation that aren't "allowed" to park- Panameras, M3s, C63s, M5s, E63s, M6 Gran Coupe, etc. The IS F still has a wow factor, at least from what I've gathered when driving on the roads or parked in a lot, but certainly 4 doors shouldn't be excluded.

I've never been to C&C with my F, but I've seen that notice numerous times. It probably won't have an effect on the crowd much, since there will always be a plethora of cars gathered. But personally I see no desire to go if there's such a segregation. And certainly I'm not going to purchase a 2 door just so I can park in their precious space.
Old 01-04-14, 02:33 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

The organizers there categorize 2 door cars as sports cars but 4 doors are not. Obviously C63/M3/M5/Panamera/IS-F/EvO/STi/Tesla/etc crowd will disagree but they make the rules and we dont.

They started doing this because the Irvine C&C was becoming too popular while space is very limited and they had to trim off the "fat" on the event. They pretty much say, no average cars you see everyday.. I understand their point but segregating the event is not the correct way of approaching this issue but they should put the idea into the people who attend this event that NORMAL average cars should indeed not come in and take up the very little space they have rather than they bully out a "type" of cars.

Anyways, its not just 4 door cars now.. its corvettes/mustangs as well that they are turning away because they do come in large masses every weekend.

In the past, S2000/miata/GTR/camaro/etc groups would fill up the event and take up ALOT of space.. we are also guilty of this because IS-F's held a meet there once and took up almost a whole row.. while its nice for us but I understand it does kill the "variety" aspect and may potentially take up the space for that one very nice "one of a kind" vehicle and annoy others.

At one point they turned away Ferraris like the 458 when space was becoming scarce in the parking lot to "reserve" for potential old classic vehicles. This is how Orange County is.. where you see an exotic at every corner and high end sports sedans like ours are almost like Camrys and Civics.

Last edited by ISFpat; 01-04-14 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-04-14, 03:00 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Irvine C&C will always attract the higher end/ classic cars but If anyone in Socal wants to go to a more relaxed atmosphere....hit up Carlsbad C&C. Exotics,sports sedans and classics all together. No one gets turned away.
Old 01-04-14, 11:40 PM
TheF
Driver School Candidate

Wow I almost went this morning with a friend ... Luckily I didn't wake up early otherwise I would be really upset. Honestly I rather take my F then the MR2 turbo. I think the F earn a spot ! Perhaps we should have a Sunday meet or once a week meet?
Old 01-05-14, 12:57 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

thats not cool at all... there are awesome 4 door cars i'd love to see.. guess im not welcome back there til i get a supercar lol.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-06-14, 12:33 AM
Marn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

me and my friend went.

took a couple pics but we parked outside.

saw a blue and a white isf leaving the taco bell parking structure.

did a quick panning shot of my friend's isf before we left.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marnyquinto/11794460904/

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee Irvine 1/4/14