Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-200/)
-   -   Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;) (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/723471-lexus-dealer-takes-a-joyride-in-my-isf-dashcam.html)

silverlexg 12-31-13 07:41 PM

Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)

So for any future car porters.. might wanna make sure the car you are hooning in doesnt have a dashcam to capture your stupidity. I uploaded the clips to youtube, they are 1080p so quality is pretty good - The guy had TSC kick in under a minute, pretty much the first spot he can punch it he does. Needless to say I will be having a chat with them tomorrow. The lesson here.. dashcams for everyone :thumbup: Details on my dash cam are in the thread (FYI).

** Edit **

I went ahead and removed the videso (out of good faith). I spoke with management from the dealer this morning. They were equally unhappy with the video and I believe they will take appropriate action. They've asked to use the video to train other porters, which I think should make them aware that customers are watching - and should prevent a similar incident for other customers. Regardless of what kind of vehicle we have we all expect professional service - especially when its an ISF.

- Andrew

600rr05 12-31-13 07:51 PM

thats going to be a interesting talk with dealer dont understand why people just cant do there job and not do crap like this looking forward to hear what the dealership will say..

kdm 12-31-13 08:08 PM

I really want to watch the clips but my laptop can't open them. Do you have them in any other format?

silverlexg 12-31-13 08:11 PM

Sorry for the format issue - its raw 1080p. I'm uploading to youtube for easier viewing. VLC will play them if you want to watch them sooner.

Agreed - The guy had TCS chiming in under a minute after getting in the car. looks like another porter was at QT as well, you can hear them reving the GS350 as well.

- Andrew

sleepyray 12-31-13 08:28 PM

i had mine but i haven't instead it yet. Would like to see how you set up your Dash Cam and how concealed is it?

silverlexg 12-31-13 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyray (Post 8304555)
i had mine but i haven't instead it yet. Would like to see how you set up your Dash Cam and how concealed is it?

Mine is a Lukas 7900 (1080p with gps). Its a fairly small camera - I have it hidden behind the rearview - its viewable from the front of the car but you can't see it if you are driving. The cam has a both driving and parking modes (will record while the car is off too - storing 30 second events - motion and gforce). Its pretty slick and obviously captures this kind of stuff as well as clears up and stories during traffic incidents.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8Medium%29.JPG

- Andrew

kdm 12-31-13 08:37 PM

Cool. After reading your post, I immediately went on Amazon to search for dash cams...

silverlexg 12-31-13 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdm (Post 8304560)
Cool. After reading your post, I immediately went on Amazon to search for dash cams...

I found the best prices on ebay - I bought the package deal from this seller. Includes the auto cutoff switch (disconnects the cam after a programmable amount of time), also includes a CPL filter to help with glass reflection, and the cam (obviously). I have a 64GB Sony SD Card - the cam supports up to 128GB cards. That seller comes from korea - i kid you not, 2 day delivery for free. In case anyone was worried about delivery time from Korea.

- Andrew

hahahaf 12-31-13 09:01 PM

ohhhh myyyyyy. shame shame shame
and the guy sees a corvette and revs
are u kidding me
fired just for that
let us know what u get for free

sleepyray 12-31-13 09:01 PM

Mine is
Mini 0801 Ambarella A2S60

I am going to set up mine just like yours.
by the way, how do you hide the power cord?

edgeucated 12-31-13 09:06 PM

glad you sound very in control of your emotions. Looking forward to hearing the outcome, always enjoy a good story

jdmSW20 12-31-13 09:08 PM

woooooooow! just when you think your car is safe at a dealership of all places. im sure somebody is losing their jobs immediately

chrisp1 12-31-13 09:53 PM

Just watched the videos...this guy is such boob! At first I was thinking this isn't so bad but it just got worse and worse. "this thing is stock", "its got a turbo" what a moron. At least he was nice enough to leave a dna sample in the car for you at the end. Id be pissed and sad at the same time :cry:

suicidesam 12-31-13 10:14 PM

wow! :D

monkey92 12-31-13 10:43 PM

please let us know how the talk at the dealer goes :)