Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)

Old 01-02-14, 12:53 PM   #76
melbitoast
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoputtpar View Post
LOL. You guys crack me up.

FREE FREE FREE!
So you're condoning the guy's actions and saying the dealership should not have to pay for what its employee did?? That's not exactly a quality first-time post.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

MODS to-be-done: sway bar, springs

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
melbitoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 12:58 PM   #77
twoputtpar
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
So you're condoning the guy's actions
I never said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
and saying the dealership should not have to pay for what its employee did??
Nope, didn't say that either.

Does he deserve something in return for the guys actions? Sure, a couple of free oil changes/tire rotations or details sound fitting.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-02-14 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: removed unnecessary insult
twoputtpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 01:10 PM   #78
silverlexg
Driver

Like i said guys - Its not really my thing to demand thousands of dollars of compensation - or demand someone lose there job. Its easy to get worked up about someone abusing your car - it very easily could have been a video of him wrecking the car or worse. I'm sure everyone involved is glad it isnt either.

I think the compensation is fair - they arent out a bunch of money and I'm not a jerk about shaming them online - It just doesnt pay to be a 'that guy' and I'm sure the dealership appreciates it too.

-Andrew
- LaserInterceptor Quads Gen 8's
- Bel STiR+ w/ Rear View Mirror Dispaly (Blue)

1999 Silver GS400 - Sold
silverlexg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 01:13 PM   #79
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Albert-Heisler-Photography/200227066700117 albertheislerphotography

What I don;t get tho is why he took the car for a test drive. Those recalls don;t require a test drive and if the reason was to fill up gas is bs. I know Lexus has gas station on site. It's stupid to have them put mileage on my car just for few gallons of gas.
Old 01-02-14, 01:17 PM   #80
pheonix72
Pole Position
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
I never said that.

Nope, didn't say that either.

Does he deserve something in return for the guys actions? Sure, a couple of free oil changes/tire rotations or details sound fitting.
Sure, please give me the key to your car! I will even throw in a full tank of has after i took it out for a ncie spirit drive
To the OP- i am glad you got it resolved and the most important thing is that you felt it was justly handle.
pheonix72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 01:18 PM   #81
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Sorry, but the ISF is my baby. Somebody abuses her, it's on. You would get a similar reaction if someone violated one of my family members. When I drop off my car (rare, try to do most stuff on my own) I'm trusting you to take care of it.

2010 GT-R Super Silver
Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust/Intake AFE Filter K40 Radar SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport
SeanGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 01:19 PM   #82
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlexg View Post
They were very quick to address it - I had several calls with management this morning.
Sounds like the dealership did the right thing by you. I am impressed with your calmness over the whole affair.
62 Austin Healey Sprite (sold), 64 Triumph TR-4 (sold), 68 Chevrolet Corvette 427 c.i. 435 h.p. (sold), 73 Chevy Nova SS-350 replaced with 427 cid big block (sold), 82 & 89 Porsche 928s (sold), 90 Taurus SHO (sold), 96 Fix Or Repair Daily Taurus (sold), 95 Lexus SC-400 (sold), 99 Corvette (sold), 02 Corvette Z-06 (sold), 04 Lexus SC-430 (sold), 06 Lexus GS-300AWD (sold), 09 Mazda CX-7 (sold), 08 Lexus IS-F MMR (sold), 11 Jeep Grand Cherokee (current), 13 GS-350 RR (current)
jkeifer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 01:44 PM   #83
twoputtpar
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonix72 View Post
Sure, please give me the key to your car! I will even throw in a full tank of has after i took it out for a ncie spirit drive
To the OP- i am glad you got it resolved and the most important thing is that you felt it was justly handle.
Sure, here's the keys.

That being said, I didn't say what he did was ok. But if that had happened with one of my vehicles from a dealership I would have done the same thing the OP did. I wouldn't have expected much other than the kid getting disciplined. The video they have now and the dealership showing it to their employees will serve them pretty well.
twoputtpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 02:23 PM   #84
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to lobuxracer

To all who think you can just install a dashcam and not have any concerns, I would HIGHLY suggest you check your state laws before you unwittingly commit a felony.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide

'08 USE20L−FEZRHA Obsidian
'93 JZA80L-ALFVZA Alpine Silver

Most performance mods need a watch and timed course to demonstrate actual improvement. Few deliver the advertised claims. Many are actually worse than stock. The best performance mods are made to the driver.

Emotional arguments - They're not just for chicks anymore.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 03:21 PM   #85
RX469
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to RX469

Going to look into getting one installed also.

Wanted: Toyota Back-up camera - Video Rearview Mirror - Air Bag for MR-S or Celica GT-S Steering Wheel
RX469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 04:16 PM   #86
"that boy"
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

thatboyasad
Send a message via AIM to "that boy"

I think you handled the situation well, but I still believe that in good faith they should give you the extended platinum warranty for free as a courtesy... not just at a discount.
"that boy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 07:16 PM   #87
ming15237
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
To all who think you can just install a dashcam and not have any concerns, I would HIGHLY suggest you check your state laws before you unwittingly commit a felony.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide
In Pennsylvania you can record video in public with NO CONSENT, as there is no expiration to privacy in a public place. However you can NOT record audio inside the vehicle without verbal consent.
ming15237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 07:49 PM   #88
2URGSE
Pole Position

I usually have this chat with the dealership (when I do actually end up going there, if ever....) about any kind of "ideas" their personal has about taking my car for a drive.

I hope they are going to make it up to you in some way.
Something else...
2URGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 07:54 PM   #89
2URGSE
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGTS View Post
Sorry, but the ISF is my baby. Somebody abuses her, it's on. You would get a similar reaction if someone violated one of my family members. When I drop off my car (rare, try to do most stuff on my own) I'm trusting you to take care of it.
Couldn't say it better myself.

I waited 6 years for this car, and paid $67,000 for it. I will NOT have it trashed by some wanna be Saturday oil changer.....

In fact, I don't even let the dealership touch my car after what they did when fixing a flat tire.

Luckily an exotic wheel repair shop can mount my tires and I have a specialty Lexus shop that takes care of the maintenance.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes the dealership can provide a lot of help, like when they found the rattling noise near my driver door and fixed it, but not all dealership service departments are created equal.
Something else...
2URGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:04 PM   #90
vbb
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:

You quoted all of us that mentioned he should get something in return for their poor behavior as if you were making fun of the fact we even suggested it, and then you go on to say he deserves something. That's confusing.

Anyway, thousands of dollars or lifetime warranties for free is clearly not justified, but yes a few free oil changes and/or other work is appropriate. I don't think a simple apology squares the issue. There has to be some sort of deterrent for this behavior. Suspension without pay also seems fair. I think both sides have handled this well.

And to lobux's point, yes, some states are one way consent and some are two party consent states when it comes to recording them. Though the chances of getting prosecuted for a felony in a dash cam setup such as the one OP has is very, very remote, it'd be good to at least know the law.
vbb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:04 PM