Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-14, 09:03 AM   #61
IsfClyde
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
IsfClyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Md
Posts: 227
ej1gsr
Default

did they do anything for you?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
2008 Nieman Marcus Obsidan isf
Lexus Certified Tech
"Dreams do come true"
IsfClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:10 AM   #62
vbb
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 1,263
Default

Thanks for the update about speaking with management. We are all waiting for the update on what management has agreed to do for you as compensation/good will.
vbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:15 AM   #63
tgui
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NOVA
Posts: 292
Default

I'm more disgusted by the hacking and coughing.
tgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:40 AM   #64
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (20)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,370
Default

glad to hear they did not just blow you off.
jbjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:47 AM   #65
kzlflash
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlexg View Post
Mine is a Lukas 7900 (1080p with gps). Its a fairly small camera - I have it hidden behind the rearview - its viewable from the front of the car but you can't see it if you are driving. The cam has a both driving and parking modes (will record while the car is off too - storing 30 second events - motion and gforce). Its pretty slick and obviously captures this kind of stuff as well as clears up and stories during traffic incidents.

Click the image to open in full size.

- Andrew
Glad the dealer realized the potential damage this could have caused to their business. Hope you get something good out of this pain.

Question, on your dashcam, where are you tapping the power? Are you routing a wire all the way down the A pillar, or are you tapping it into the rear view mirror?
kzlflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:57 AM   #66
Just F Me
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Just F Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCali
Posts: 2,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
Never, ever trust someone to take care of your property the way you would. It won't happen.

True statement.
Just F Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 10:16 AM   #67
silverlexg
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: KS
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjones85 View Post
glad to hear they did not just blow you off.
They were very quick to address it - I had several calls with management this morning. I didnít demand anything from them (thatís not really my thing), and I donít think any damage was done to my car (more just upset in how they chose to handle my property). They did want to right the wrong though and will be detailing my car and will offer me an extended warranty (which I was already looking at with them) at a discounted price. The porter was suspended (not fired) which I'm happy with - I didn't demand anyone lose their job and I don't think it warranted that. Hopefully itís a wakeup call for him though, customers are increasingly watching and they expect professional behavior - regardless of the car (or manufacture).

They didnít ask me to take down the videos but I felt they addressed the issue in a professional manor and I donít want any negative attention given how they responded. I'm glad it isnít one of those horror stories you hear about from other dealerships and I wouldn't hesitate to bring my car in there again. That being said Iím sure they'll be more considerate with my car (and hopefully others as well).

I'd encourage everyone to consider a dash cam - video has a way of keeping people honest.

Thanks,
Andrew
__________________
2010 MM ISF
- 12" ImageDynamics Sub
- JoeZ Intake w/ Muffler Delete
- LaserInterceptor Quads Gen 8's
- Bel STiR+ w/ Rear View Mirror Dispaly (Blue)

1999 Silver GS400 - Sold
silverlexg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 10:23 AM   #68
JDMV8
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (5)
 
JDMV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 476
renatik22
Default

I know a remedy for this situation--to decrease the chances of someone mistreating your car when at the dealer or anywhere.
Install a dash-cam in plain view (eg. Right on the dash). This would prevent anything to happen in the first place. Not to mention, the camera would still record any neglectful activity (assuming the driver doesn't notice the camera or if he/she is just a moron).
However, you probably won't get free stuff with this method, albeit you are granted peace of mind.
__________________
- 2008 Lexus IS-F USB: ISS Forged, Sikky, Joe-Z, Tom's, KW, Wald, Novel, Apexi, Cusco, Lems, Robson Design, TRD, iJDMtoy, Llumar, Garax, Putco, V-LED, Beat-Sonic
- 2007 Honda Civic Si FG2

JDMV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 10:35 AM   #69
silverlexg
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: KS
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMV8 View Post
I know a remedy for this situation--to decrease the chances of someone mistreating your car when at the dealer or anywhere.
Install a dash-cam in plain view (eg. Right on the dash). This would prevent anything to happen in the first place. Not to mention, the camera would still record any neglectful activity (assuming the driver doesn't notice the camera or if he/she is just a moron).
However, you probably won't get free stuff with this method, albeit you are granted peace of mind.
True, I'd prefer not to have this kind of situation either way. The camera audibly anounces when you start driving "Driving mode recording started" and you can hear it chime multiple times when gforce events occur - so even though you cant see it from the drivers seat its pretty obvious there's a cam in the car. It also has a blinking light to indicate movement and recording.

Maybe i'll leave a large printed note on the dash next time "Dashcam Installed - drive car professionally"

Either way - be careful when letting someone else drive your car.
__________________
2010 MM ISF
- 12" ImageDynamics Sub
- JoeZ Intake w/ Muffler Delete
- LaserInterceptor Quads Gen 8's
- Bel STiR+ w/ Rear View Mirror Dispaly (Blue)

1999 Silver GS400 - Sold
silverlexg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 10:39 AM   #70
cremaster
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
cremaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ca
Posts: 526
Default

awww man, i'm too late to see the vids. ok, now it's really time to get a dash cam for the wife and i.
__________________


09' IS-F obsidian on white, Borla catback, reso delete, AFE - mine
14' RX350 nebula - wifey
cremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 10:44 AM   #71
silverlexg
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: KS
Posts: 132
Default

Power is tapped from the fusebox (using a a fuse tap), and routes down the A pillar - there's a little timer box that controls power to the camera. The cam takes 3-5 watts (not much) and records when the car is off (parking mode) and logs motion events. The timer cuts power after a set time (24/48 hrs or when the battery hits a certain voltage). I have mine set to record for 24 hours after the car is shut off - to prevent any draining of the battery.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks,
Andrew
__________________
2010 MM ISF
- 12" ImageDynamics Sub
- JoeZ Intake w/ Muffler Delete
- LaserInterceptor Quads Gen 8's
- Bel STiR+ w/ Rear View Mirror Dispaly (Blue)

1999 Silver GS400 - Sold

Last edited by silverlexg; 01-02-14 at 10:56 AM..
silverlexg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 11:52 AM   #72
SeanGTS
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 633
Default

Hmm.. Lexus is the LAST place I would have my car detailed.

Check with the Warranty rep that everyone on here recommends, oh whats his name, Jerry West out of Kansas or something. Make sure they at least beat his prices.

I'm not sure what I would expect, but probably free maintenance for life (oil changes, tire rotations, et cetera).
__________________

2010 GT-R Super Silver
Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust/Intake AFE Filter K40 Radar SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport
SeanGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 12:35 PM   #73
dannyk8232
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
dannyk8232's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 523
Default

OP - I think you handled this really, really well. Kudos to you.
__________________
2008 IS-F...
...my first race car...
dannyk8232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 12:45 PM   #74
twoputtpar
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahaf View Post
let us know what u get for free
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraySheep View Post
I was just thinking if I caught the dealer doing this to my ISF, what kind of compensation should I get for their mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeifer3 View Post
Seriously, sorry that happened to you and I hope you get maintenance for life from the dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybean View Post
i too would like to know what are you getting for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post
Wow, crazy! They should definitely hook you up with something for goodwill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post
Thanks for the update about speaking with management. We are all waiting for the update on what management has agreed to do for you as compensation/good will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzlflash View Post
Hope you get something good out of this pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGTS View Post
I'm not sure what I would expect, but probably free maintenance for life (oil changes, tire rotations, et cetera).
LOL. You guys crack me up.

FREE FREE FREE!
twoputtpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 12:52 PM   #75
melbitoast
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)
 
melbitoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlexg View Post
They were very quick to address it - I had several calls with management this morning. I didnít demand anything from them (thatís not really my thing), and I donít think any damage was done to my car (more just upset in how they chose to handle my property). They did want to right the wrong though and will be detailing my car and will offer me an extended warranty (which I was already looking at with them) at a discounted price. The porter was suspended (not fired) which I'm happy with - I didn't demand anyone lose their job and I don't think it warranted that. Hopefully itís a wakeup call for him though, customers are increasingly watching and they expect professional behavior - regardless of the car (or manufacture).

They didnít ask me to take down the videos but I felt they addressed the issue in a professional manor and I donít want any negative attention given how they responded. I'm glad it isnít one of those horror stories you hear about from other dealerships and I wouldn't hesitate to bring my car in there again. That being said Iím sure they'll be more considerate with my car (and hopefully others as well).

I'd encourage everyone to consider a dash cam - video has a way of keeping people honest.

Thanks,
Andrew
You're a nicer man than I am. Given the kind of damage that could have occurred and/or increased likelihood of something going bad sooner than later, I would have demanded bumper-to-bumper for free for as long as I owned the vehicle. The kind of PR nightmare that would come down on that dealership and the loss of business that would follow from you taking those vids to the press is exponentially more detrimental and valuable than a single, bumper-to-bumper warranty.
__________________
2008 ISF - Cronus
MODS done: Sikky headers, custom exhaust, Injen intake, Exact diffuser, RMI scoops (blue), CF front lip accents, CF roof wrap, CF trunk wrap, CF grille wrap

MODS to-be-done: sway bar, springs


"If you ain't first, you're last!"
melbitoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 12:52 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dashcam video - Revving engine itsmike177 IS F 27 08-28-14 09:32 PM
Brand New Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Leaking Grease westopill Automotive Care & Detailing 8 05-30-14 07:31 PM
Dashcam Suggestions TheAzn Car Chat 8 11-01-13 04:59 AM
Speeding Dallas cop hits, kills 10-year-old on bike LexFather Car Chat 43 11-23-09 10:22 PM


Tags
64gb, cam, catches, dash, dealer, dealership, feedback, forum, is350, isf, joyride, lexus, service, talk, vendor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info