IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-14, 08:25 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The minimum I would be requesting from them is a LIFETIME warranty on my power train. END OF DISCUSSION! Revving the engine in neutral like than is NOT a good thing to do, nor is the constant hammering of the throttle.
Old 01-01-14, 08:34 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow that's crazy and the nerve of the guy to speeding and doing dumb crap! Please keep us updated on what happens. BTW your car sounds really good though and I may have to look into getting a dash cam.
Old 01-01-14, 08:47 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ming15237
The minimum I would be requesting from them is a LIFETIME warranty on my power train. END OF DISCUSSION! Revving the engine in neutral like than is NOT a good thing to do, nor is the constant hammering of the throttle.
That won't happen. These cars can take an absolute beating but someone doing it without permission is awful
Old 01-01-14, 09:01 AM
Raybean
Pole Position

i too would like to know what are you getting for free.
Old 01-01-14, 09:26 AM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Wooooooowwwwww Stuff like that makes dealers look horrible. But it's definitely the worker to be blamed. When ISfs come in its like a unicorn in a dealer due to how problem free our cars are.( in no way justifies his behavior). Feel bad for you bro. Hope you get the world handed to you by that dealer. Let us know what happens. Any isfs in my area I urge them to come to my dealer and ask for me due to I myself owning one I know how much we care about our cars and treat them like I treat mine.
Old 01-01-14, 10:05 AM
silverlexg
Driver

Thanks for the kind words everyone - It looks like they are closed today, I've reached out to them via email and will give them a call tomorrow. I've already disinfected the interior of my car.. hopefully that guy doesnt get me sick. I'll keep ya updated once I hear something from them.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 01-01-14, 10:28 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm in for the conclusion of this one...
Old 01-01-14, 11:29 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, that is unacceptable... I would definitely bring this up to the service manager, director, and lexus corporate customer support - I would even link them to this thread and show the views of us!

I now feel the need of getting a dash cam
Old 01-01-14, 11:42 AM
COisF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Certainly going to be looking at my mileage any time I leave it with a dealership...
Old 01-01-14, 12:05 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

" this things got power dude. It's got like a turbo in it, I swear to gawd."
lol

Dude seriously why can't these guys just do their job and be done with it. I saw the icy roads, he could have lost control over the train tracks flooring it…wrapping your car on a pole :thumbed:

Let us know what the dealer says

Props on the cam
Old 01-01-14, 12:08 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

BTW that coughing was freaken naaaaaaasty
Old 01-01-14, 12:45 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

That's it? 6mph over the speed limit and some revving?

In my city there's been countless dealer techs getting busted. One this summer was a new SL63 AMG going around 100km/h in a residential 40km/h. Another flew over the curb & wrapped a S/C 370z around a road sign on a test drive...

A friend has his mustang in for work one time, and saw his car flying by him on the highway on his way back from dropping it off.

It happens. The situation depends on your attitude. If anything this dude was 'tame' with the car. Some of these lot lizards are real cowboys.
Should he have revved it? Probably not. The whole getting snacks thing is normal in the industry - if you're on a road test or something, you'll get coffee/whatever in the car you're in.

I personally would mention my displeasure if I were you and get a free detail or two out of it and live your life.

Perhaps it's because I've seen the techs do similar in an RX i dropped off for trans. flash, but it doesn't bug me when they take it for a rip - as long as it comes back in one piece.

I would never hold a grudge against lexus for this, given that they; fill your tank, always detail the customer cars [regardless of service], clean up after themselves.

Either way, let us know how it goes and what they state regarding his behavior!
Old 01-01-14, 12:56 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice find! I've check my dash cam (conveniently wired into the navi screen for playback) once in awhile after the car is valet but usually nothing juicy. Interested to see where this goes.

For others who want to install a dash cam, heres a guide guide: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8072772-post9.html
Old 01-01-14, 01:10 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrisp1
That won't happen. These cars can take an absolute beating but someone doing it without permission is awful
That CAN and ABSOLUTELY MUST happen. At a MUCH younger age I had a dealer "loaner vehicle", which "I" took auto crossing and was filmed by the insurance underwriter of the dealership while racing it. Come Monday morning I was called into the dealership, in front of the owner of the dealership, the underwriter, the regional manager and the district manager of the "unmentioned company" I was advised I would be "financially responsible" for ANY damaged found on the vehicle, as well as the entire time that the vehicle was under ownership of the vehicle should it have ANY power-train failure. THEY WERE PISSED!!! I was also informed at that time that they would NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow me to loan, rent, or otherwise operate one of their vehicles! I will say that I knew I was busted before the irate calls on Monday morning, so I had all four tires replaced, and had the oil changed and the vehicle completely detailed prior to me returning it. This however made little difference to them when I brought it to their attention. Frankly looking back at it, I can more than see their point of view, not to mention the financial risk I placed on the dealership by using their vehicle as a "race vehicle", and to this day (well over 12 years later! none of this brands dealerships in my area will give me a loaner vehicle when mine are in for service!) I would accept NOTHING less than a LIFETIME power-train warranty. If for some reason the dealer fails to see your prospective, I would advise them that you WILL be distributing this video to the local news broadcasters, because we all know how they LOVE to eat this type of stuff up, and honestly, I would be surprised if this does NOT go VIRAL! I would assure them that you will also be using the name of the dealership, the service managers name as well as the advisers name when making your submission to the above said broadcast stations. We all remember this story don't we? http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html Not exactly something Lexus or this dealership wants to be known for as well! You will also not there there is VIRTUALLY no video remaining up on the net of this incident! that is how serious they were about erasing ANY memory of this event!

Last edited by ming15237; 01-01-14 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-01-14, 01:29 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ming15237
That CAN and ABSOLUTELY MUST happen. At a MUCH younger age I had a dealer "loaner vehicle", which "I" took auto crossing and was filmed by the insurance underwriter of the dealership while racing it. Come Monday morning I was called into the dealership, in front of the owner of the dealership, the underwriter, the regional manager and the district manager of the "unmentioned company" I was advised I would be "financially responsible" for ANY damaged found on the vehicle, as well as the entire time that the vehicle was under ownership of the vehicle should it have ANY power-train failure. THEY WERE PISSED!!! I was also informed at that time that they would NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow me to loan, rent, or otherwise operate one of their vehicles! I will say that I knew I was busted before the irate calls on Monday morning, so I had all four tires replaced, and had the oil changed and the vehicle completely detailed prior to me returning it. This however made little difference to them when I brought it to their attention. Frankly looking back at it, I can more than see their point of view, not to mention the financial risk I placed on the dealership by using their vehicle as a "race vehicle", and to this day (well over 12 years later! none of this brands dealerships in my area will give me a loaner vehicle when mine are in for service!) I would accept NOTHING less than a LIFETIME power-train warranty. If for some reason the dealer fails to see your prospective, I would advise them that you WILL be distributing this video to the local news broadcasters, because we all know how they LOVE to eat this type of stuff up, and honestly, I would be surprised if this does NOT go VIRAL! I would assure them that you will also be using the name of the dealership, the service managers name as well as the advisers name when making your submission to the above said broadcast stations. We all remember this story don't we? http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html Not exactly something Lexus or this dealership wants to be known for as well! You will also not there there is VIRTUALLY no video remaining up on the net of this incident! that is how serious they were about erasing ANY memory of this event!
I remember that camaro story! I believe the dealer threatened to sue the car owner if he didn't remove all video clips...on a side note, you auto crossed a loaner vehicle!?! lol

Quick Reply: Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)