Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus Dealer takes a joyride in my ISF... Dashcam ;)

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-14, 08:25 AM   #31
ming15237
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pa
Posts: 543
Default

The minimum I would be requesting from them is a LIFETIME warranty on my power train. END OF DISCUSSION! Revving the engine in neutral like than is NOT a good thing to do, nor is the constant hammering of the throttle.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
ming15237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 08:34 AM   #32
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,819
Send a message via AIM to tjmhillz
Default

Wow that's crazy and the nerve of the guy to speeding and doing dumb crap! Please keep us updated on what happens. BTW your car sounds really good though and I may have to look into getting a dash cam.
__________________
95 SC300 5spd
01 MSM Turbo IS300 R.I.P

My Build Thread
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ld-thread.html
tjmhillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 08:47 AM   #33
chrisp1
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
chrisp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 446
chris praetsch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ming15237 View Post
The minimum I would be requesting from them is a LIFETIME warranty on my power train. END OF DISCUSSION! Revving the engine in neutral like than is NOT a good thing to do, nor is the constant hammering of the throttle.
That won't happen. These cars can take an absolute beating but someone doing it without permission is awful
__________________
2011 IS-F - sgm - PPE headers, Borla exhaust, HPS intake tube, Figs LCA Bushings

doctors practice..plumbers perform
chrisp1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 09:01 AM   #34
Raybean
Pole Position
Trader Score: (4)
 
Raybean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 325
Weis11 weis_ig
Default

i too would like to know what are you getting for free.
__________________
14 Dodge Ram 1500 diesel (Daily Driver)
07 Lexus Is250 AWD - Tungsten Pearl SOLD
09 Lexus ISF - Obsidian
[F-Sport Rear Sway Bar] [JoeZ Intake] [JoeZ Exhaust] [Vaistech] [iJDMTOY]
Raybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 09:26 AM   #35
IsfClyde
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
IsfClyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Md
Posts: 226
ej1gsr
Default

Wooooooowwwwww Stuff like that makes dealers look horrible. But it's definitely the worker to be blamed. When ISfs come in its like a unicorn in a dealer due to how problem free our cars are.( in no way justifies his behavior). Feel bad for you bro. Hope you get the world handed to you by that dealer. Let us know what happens. Any isfs in my area I urge them to come to my dealer and ask for me due to I myself owning one I know how much we care about our cars and treat them like I treat mine.
__________________
2008 Nieman Marcus Obsidan isf
Lexus Certified Tech
"Dreams do come true"
IsfClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 10:05 AM   #36
silverlexg
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: KS
Posts: 132
Default

Thanks for the kind words everyone - It looks like they are closed today, I've reached out to them via email and will give them a call tomorrow. I've already disinfected the interior of my car.. hopefully that guy doesnt get me sick. I'll keep ya updated once I hear something from them.

Thanks,
Andrew
__________________
2010 MM ISF
- 12" ImageDynamics Sub
- JoeZ Intake w/ Muffler Delete
- LaserInterceptor Quads Gen 8's
- Bel STiR+ w/ Rear View Mirror Dispaly (Blue)

1999 Silver GS400 - Sold
silverlexg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 10:28 AM   #37
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
sydtoosic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 4,264
sydtoosic
Default

i'm in for the conclusion of this one...
__________________
13 LS460
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 11:29 AM   #38
"that boy"
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
"that boy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,108
thatboyasad
Send a message via AIM to "that boy"
Default

Wow, that is unacceptable... I would definitely bring this up to the service manager, director, and lexus corporate customer support - I would even link them to this thread and show the views of us!

I now feel the need of getting a dash cam
"that boy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 11:42 AM   #39
COisF
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
COisF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: OK
Posts: 37
Default

Certainly going to be looking at my mileage any time I leave it with a dealership...
__________________
2011 MRM IS-F / Joe Z Intake
COisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 12:05 PM   #40
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
DCoolBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 1,811
DannyCoolBeans
Default

" this things got power dude. It's got like a turbo in it, I swear to gawd."
lol

Dude seriously why can't these guys just do their job and be done with it. I saw the icy roads, he could have lost control over the train tracks flooring it…wrapping your car on a pole :thumbed:

Let us know what the dealer says

Props on the cam
__________________
Danny
2010 Starfire Pearl IS-F: ISS DES, aFe P5R, HPS Intake, PPE, RE-11's

DCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 12:08 PM   #41
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
DCoolBeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 1,811
DannyCoolBeans
Default

BTW that coughing was freaken naaaaaaasty
__________________
Danny
2010 Starfire Pearl IS-F: ISS DES, aFe P5R, HPS Intake, PPE, RE-11's

DCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 12:45 PM   #42
01LEXPL
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)
 
01LEXPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada's Capital City
Posts: 4,011
Default

That's it? 6mph over the speed limit and some revving?

In my city there's been countless dealer techs getting busted. One this summer was a new SL63 AMG going around 100km/h in a residential 40km/h. Another flew over the curb & wrapped a S/C 370z around a road sign on a test drive...

A friend has his mustang in for work one time, and saw his car flying by him on the highway on his way back from dropping it off.

It happens. The situation depends on your attitude. If anything this dude was 'tame' with the car. Some of these lot lizards are real cowboys.
Should he have revved it? Probably not. The whole getting snacks thing is normal in the industry - if you're on a road test or something, you'll get coffee/whatever in the car you're in.

I personally would mention my displeasure if I were you and get a free detail or two out of it and live your life.

Perhaps it's because I've seen the techs do similar in an RX i dropped off for trans. flash, but it doesn't bug me when they take it for a rip - as long as it comes back in one piece.

I would never hold a grudge against lexus for this, given that they; fill your tank, always detail the customer cars [regardless of service], clean up after themselves.

Either way, let us know how it goes and what they state regarding his behavior!
01LEXPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 12:56 PM   #43
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 863
Default

Nice find! I've check my dash cam (conveniently wired into the navi screen for playback) once in awhile after the car is valet but usually nothing juicy. Interested to see where this goes.

For others who want to install a dash cam, heres a guide guide: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/8072772-post9.html
__________________
09IS250 AWD | F-Sport | Takeda | Tein | BBS | Hankook |
Other:10RX350
pmanliu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 01:10 PM   #44
ming15237
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pa
Posts: 543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp1 View Post
That won't happen. These cars can take an absolute beating but someone doing it without permission is awful
That CAN and ABSOLUTELY MUST happen. At a MUCH younger age I had a dealer "loaner vehicle", which "I" took auto crossing and was filmed by the insurance underwriter of the dealership while racing it. Come Monday morning I was called into the dealership, in front of the owner of the dealership, the underwriter, the regional manager and the district manager of the "unmentioned company" I was advised I would be "financially responsible" for ANY damaged found on the vehicle, as well as the entire time that the vehicle was under ownership of the vehicle should it have ANY power-train failure. THEY WERE PISSED!!! I was also informed at that time that they would NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow me to loan, rent, or otherwise operate one of their vehicles! I will say that I knew I was busted before the irate calls on Monday morning, so I had all four tires replaced, and had the oil changed and the vehicle completely detailed prior to me returning it. This however made little difference to them when I brought it to their attention. Frankly looking back at it, I can more than see their point of view, not to mention the financial risk I placed on the dealership by using their vehicle as a "race vehicle", and to this day (well over 12 years later! none of this brands dealerships in my area will give me a loaner vehicle when mine are in for service!) I would accept NOTHING less than a LIFETIME power-train warranty. If for some reason the dealer fails to see your prospective, I would advise them that you WILL be distributing this video to the local news broadcasters, because we all know how they LOVE to eat this type of stuff up, and honestly, I would be surprised if this does NOT go VIRAL! I would assure them that you will also be using the name of the dealership, the service managers name as well as the advisers name when making your submission to the above said broadcast stations. We all remember this story don't we? http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html Not exactly something Lexus or this dealership wants to be known for as well! You will also not there there is VIRTUALLY no video remaining up on the net of this incident! that is how serious they were about erasing ANY memory of this event!

Last edited by ming15237; 01-01-14 at 01:15 PM..
ming15237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 01:29 PM   #45
chrisp1
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
chrisp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: RI
Posts: 446
chris praetsch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ming15237 View Post
That CAN and ABSOLUTELY MUST happen. At a MUCH younger age I had a dealer "loaner vehicle", which "I" took auto crossing and was filmed by the insurance underwriter of the dealership while racing it. Come Monday morning I was called into the dealership, in front of the owner of the dealership, the underwriter, the regional manager and the district manager of the "unmentioned company" I was advised I would be "financially responsible" for ANY damaged found on the vehicle, as well as the entire time that the vehicle was under ownership of the vehicle should it have ANY power-train failure. THEY WERE PISSED!!! I was also informed at that time that they would NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow me to loan, rent, or otherwise operate one of their vehicles! I will say that I knew I was busted before the irate calls on Monday morning, so I had all four tires replaced, and had the oil changed and the vehicle completely detailed prior to me returning it. This however made little difference to them when I brought it to their attention. Frankly looking back at it, I can more than see their point of view, not to mention the financial risk I placed on the dealership by using their vehicle as a "race vehicle", and to this day (well over 12 years later! none of this brands dealerships in my area will give me a loaner vehicle when mine are in for service!) I would accept NOTHING less than a LIFETIME power-train warranty. If for some reason the dealer fails to see your prospective, I would advise them that you WILL be distributing this video to the local news broadcasters, because we all know how they LOVE to eat this type of stuff up, and honestly, I would be surprised if this does NOT go VIRAL! I would assure them that you will also be using the name of the dealership, the service managers name as well as the advisers name when making your submission to the above said broadcast stations. We all remember this story don't we? http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html Not exactly something Lexus or this dealership wants to be known for as well! You will also not there there is VIRTUALLY no video remaining up on the net of this incident! that is how serious they were about erasing ANY memory of this event!
I remember that camaro story! I believe the dealer threatened to sue the car owner if he didn't remove all video clips...on a side note, you auto crossed a loaner vehicle!?! lol
__________________
2011 IS-F - sgm - PPE headers, Borla exhaust, HPS intake tube, Figs LCA Bushings

doctors practice..plumbers perform
chrisp1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 01:29 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
64gb, cam, catches, dash, dealer, dealership, feedback, forum, is350, isf, joyride, lexus, service, talk, vendor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dashcam video - Revving engine itsmike177 IS F 27 08-28-14 08:32 PM
Door Lock + Alarm Issue TheAzn SC 400/300 0 06-02-14 08:01 PM
Dashcam Suggestions TheAzn Car Chat 8 11-01-13 03:59 AM
Speeding Dallas cop hits, kills 10-year-old on bike LexFather Car Chat 43 11-23-09 09:22 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info