IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SRT intake after like a month of waiting and other mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-13, 08:57 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive

Yes, I can see it, but the numbers don't mean anything to me uncorrected and not overlaid with your previous dyno results. Even so because it's on different days the results are not conclusive, but if you are happy with it then that's all that counts. I'm just saying we've been down this path many many times regarding intakes on this car.
Oh ok I see .. But yea I did that first Dino like a month ago with the OEM intake
Old 12-20-13, 11:22 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dyno is great to see gains, but tracking it will really determine if the mods are worth the gains. The SRT exhaust sounds pretty sick in person but not sure if it equates to better performance. Caymandive is the perfect example of this. WIth your exhaust and intake mods you should be running mid to low 12's with all the proper shifting.
Old 12-20-13, 12:11 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Dyno is great to see gains, but tracking it will really determine if the mods are worth the gains. The SRT exhaust sounds pretty sick in person but not sure if it equates to better performance. Caymandive is the perfect example of this. WIth your exhaust and intake mods you should be running mid to low 12's with all the proper shifting.
Vj didn't you and Greg raced while you were stock and he had the srt intake and you beat him?
Old 12-20-13, 12:34 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

He was in D + Sport, I was in M + Sport, and it wasn't even close. The disparity really shouldn't be that much between D and M. Could be heat soak affecting his SRT intake, who knows. I'll probably still beat him in the F even after he upgraded to the Viper SRT-10
Old 12-20-13, 06:34 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Few pics from today one of those days :-)
Attached Thumbnails SRT intake after like a month of waiting and other mods-image-1517187595.jpg   SRT intake after like a month of waiting and other mods-image-1139602794.jpg   SRT intake after like a month of waiting and other mods-image-1468465246.jpg  
Old 12-20-13, 06:37 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

I think this came out nice
Attached Thumbnails SRT intake after like a month of waiting and other mods-image-202301337.jpg  
Old 12-20-13, 06:38 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ta hevi manin...
Old 12-20-13, 06:44 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
I think this came out nice
what brand of bulbs do you have for your fogs?
Old 12-20-13, 07:09 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
ta hevi manin...
Gracias ahora a Pintar esos aros like the OEM rims
Old 12-20-13, 07:10 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by "that boy"
what brand of bulbs do you have for your fogs?
I got yellow HID and wrapped the fog yellow so I could be brighter
Old 12-20-13, 08:41 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
He was in D + Sport, I was in M + Sport, and it wasn't even close. The disparity really shouldn't be that much between D and M. Could be heat soak affecting his SRT intake, who knows. I'll probably still beat him in the F even after he upgraded to the Viper SRT-10
VJ cheated with his TOM's throttle controller and he always floored it before the third beep or before anyone was ready, but his 12.3 time at atco is respectable so will cut him some slack.
My SRT intake came with the car so I never knew of difference between stock and srt intake.
It sounds fantastic ( until i drowned it out with straight pipes) and makes engine bay look awesome soo no matter what you get your money's worth. I never got a cel or had a problem with it. It did get heat soaked after hard runs in the summer so i wrapped it with heat tape roll from S and K speed.
Speed World in baldwin is a great shop!..but my .02 is that the SRT intake should give F a little more power in the right conditions but an extra 10-15 hp ain't much on a 416hp car and it might lose you some hp when too hot, but for sound and looks its a good buy like I said! Everyone hates on it here though. Here is a pic of the snake before winter hibernation. Will post some pics when i do some mods in the spring. I do miss my F sometimes but then I look in the garage and feel better. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1387600481
Attached Thumbnails SRT intake after like a month of waiting and other mods-bk.jpg  
Old 12-20-13, 09:35 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexsane

VJ cheated with his TOM's throttle controller and he always floored it before the third beep or before anyone was ready, but his 12.3 time at atco is respectable so will cut him some slack.
My SRT intake came with the car so I never knew of difference between stock and srt intake.
It sounds fantastic ( until i drowned it out with straight pipes) and makes engine bay look awesome soo no matter what you get your money's worth. I never got a cel or had a problem with it. It did get heat soaked after hard runs in the summer so i wrapped it with heat tape roll from S and K speed.
Speed World in baldwin is a great shop!..but my .02 is that the SRT intake should give F a little more power in the right conditions but an extra 10-15 hp ain't much on a 416hp car and it might lose you some hp when too hot, but for sound and looks its a good buy like I said! Everyone hates on it here though. Here is a pic of the snake before winter hibernation. Will post some pics when i do some mods in the spring. I do miss my F sometimes but then I look in the garage and feel better. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1387600481
Thanks for ur comment yea I think so too it should of gave it some hp I wanna do the exhaust and I like how that meistershaft but lets say the car gets too hot like u said and I have an exhaust and I power cuz of the intake but what about the power I also have from the exhaust would I still feel the lose of power like that since the exhaust already brings so extra power?
Old 12-20-13, 09:37 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexsane

That car is sick lol
Old 12-20-13, 09:58 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
Gracias ahora a Pintar esos aros like the OEM rims
si se va a ver bien bonito... tato ...
Old 12-20-13, 11:17 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion