IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Newbie in the market for an ISF, couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-13, 02:40 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JetBlack25
So for a 2011 with 25-35,XXX miles I should be expecting to pay $43-45k out the door, depending on color combo etc? That seems realistic.
I'd say 46k to 47k before TTL. At least that was what I ended up paying, 6 months ago. I also bought my ISF in SoCal.

Mines had approximately 22k miles, black. It was also a 2011. I bought it from South Coast Mitsubishi. I had an Evo X before, I did a trade in for the ISF. I just checked their site and they have a 2011 black ISF with 30k miles for 46k. I'd say it'll be worth a shot to check out the car and try to haggle it down. ****ty thing about carmax is that they have a no haggle policy. The GM at South Coast Mitsu is a big shot in the Evo sales market, I'm sure he can Smash you a decent deal. Just ask for Sam aka Smash, he's always looking to do what he can to sell someone a car.

They also have a 2009 in inventory, black, 46.9k miles, black, for 38k. FYI.

Last edited by kzlflash; 11-23-13 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-25-13, 10:49 PM
JetBlack25
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kzlflash
I'd say 46k to 47k before TTL. At least that was what I ended up paying, 6 months ago. I also bought my ISF in SoCal.

Mines had approximately 22k miles, black. It was also a 2011. I bought it from South Coast Mitsubishi. I had an Evo X before, I did a trade in for the ISF. I just checked their site and they have a 2011 black ISF with 30k miles for 46k. I'd say it'll be worth a shot to check out the car and try to haggle it down. ****ty thing about carmax is that they have a no haggle policy. The GM at South Coast Mitsu is a big shot in the Evo sales market, I'm sure he can Smash you a decent deal. Just ask for Sam aka Smash, he's always looking to do what he can to sell someone a car.

They also have a 2009 in inventory, black, 46.9k miles, black, for 38k. FYI.

Thanks for the heads up on this Flash.

I'll check it out and keep my eye on it. I'm still about 2 months out from having enough saved up for a solid down payment to get the car & the payment at a comfortable level.
Old 11-26-13, 10:02 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...203827608.html
2011 20k miles for 45k. Private seller
Old 11-26-13, 11:02 AM
antidentit
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The 2011 IS-F in Portland sold over the weekend. I was interested in it, but I'm not a fan of the Tungsten Pearl color, and it had a bit more miles than I prefer (33k).

But everything else was perfect: CPO, all options, fairly close to me, and priced right!

Someone just got a great IS-F!
Old 11-28-13, 07:50 AM
JetBlack25
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the link MK4Sup!

Anti: That was a great buy, but I'm in the same boat as you, not a fan of that color scheme.

I know its a Lexus and they will go forever, but I'm fairly stuck on getting a car with low miles. Coming from SC'd muscle cars, its just my gut feeling telling me that most of these cars have been driven hard. So the lower the miles the better.

Is there people here who have bought one with 50k or more, who have had zero issues?

Also I saw the thread on here about getting an extended warranty directly through Toyota. How many of you have done that?

Hit my bonus at work yesterday, so the purchase date might be a lot sooner than later!
Old 11-28-13, 10:13 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Great news with the bonus! Just in time for the hoidays

As far as the extended warranty, this will be something you need to shop around for. But the lowest price on the forums that has been disclosed can be had at:

Jerry Johnson
Midwest Toyota
Midwest Superstore
1100 east 30th
Hutchinson, Ks 67502
Phone 800-530-5789
Cell 620-664-8844
jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com

It's peace of mind more than anything, but in the rare cases when therer might be an unforeseen issue, it can pay for itself. Best of luck!
Old 12-01-13, 09:58 PM
JetBlack25
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info Bnizzle, appreciate it bro.

I had planned to drive over to South Coast Mitsubishi today to test drive the '09 & '11 that they have in stock, but got too busy doing other things.

Going to most likely go next weekend.

What are things I should look out for when test driving the car, outside of the obvious things, such as the pain, scratches, wheels etc?

Anything notable that I should have my eyes & ears peeled for?

thx guys, this forum has been a huge help in narrowing my search.
Old 12-01-13, 11:39 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Some have experienced a ticking sound within the engine bay, which is hard to replicate or even address at the time. Along with those noises, a few members have had some issues with interior rattles. Also, test the car if it drifts towards either the right or left side on even pavement. I'd also pay attention to the instrument cluster, as some members have also noted that they wear out a bit fast. Of course, if the needles aren't full blue or the numbers on the cluster aren't fully lit, that should be brought up as well. And, as a last note, if you do decide on one particular car, ask if engine oil/filter, brake pads/rotors or tires need replacing. Other than that, I can't think of anything really.

Do ask as many questions as possible and see what you are able to get after the pricing has been settled upon. Sometimes dealers will throw added incentives to get the car sold, so it certainly cannot hurt to ask.
Old 12-02-13, 01:00 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JetBlack25
Shyguy: Thanks for the offer, but your a little far in IL. PM me pics though, because you never know.

Found a Maroon 2011 with very low miles on Autotrader for 41k. Almost makes me think something's up with it at that price and mileage. I believe the mileage is around 34-40,XXX from a private seller.
1) Shipping a car from IL to CA would be less than 1k with a proper shipping company. That show on A&E channel about shipping wars? They use a website called uship or something like that.....people bid on it...you say money is no object.....I would take an 08 with 10k miles than a 2011 with 30-50k miles. That's just me though.

2) Maroon is a color no one wants in a sports sedan, so color is a deciding factor in what a dealer offers for a car. Silver tends to go higher because people still believe in the old addage that it doesn't show dirt so it should cost more.....

Both of my points are based on personal opinion and owning many cars in the past few years and shipping a few as well......My trailablazer SS cost me 650 to ship from South Carolina to Texas. Took them 29 hours to-from. Not a bad turn over.
Old 12-14-13, 09:12 AM
JetBlack25
Driver School Candidate

Going to go test drive some ISF's today. I'll report back, I have a nice little list here of things to look for and a price range depending on the year & mileage from you guys.

Lets see what happens today!
Old 12-14-13, 09:49 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

I would look carefully for mods, and get more suspicious if it has several.
Old 12-14-13, 01:03 PM
JetBlack25
Driver School Candidate

Just got back from South Coast Mitsubishi. Met with Sam, great guy.

Test drove the black 2011 they had on the lot & it was great. The car looks incredible in person, I knew right away that it is the year/color etc that I want.

I told him that I'm still a month or two away from having enough money saved to get the payment to a comfortable level.

Only thing I was somewhat surprised by is they weren't willing to negotiate on the price at all. Sticker was $46,900 and that's what they wanted for it. However to their credit I did some research and that's about the value of the car according to KBB.

They were willing to finance for 7 years which is attractive to get the payment in the $400 range. Also said since I have great credit the finance rate would be very low, under 2%.

One thing that we noticed when he gave us the Carfax was this particular ISF was purchased from an auction in PA. It was then shipped to FL for a bit, before coming out to California. I've heard that cars in that area have potential to have rust, underbody wear or even possibly flood refurbs? But Sam was very cool and said he can put the car on the lift for us to inspect etc.

So hopefully shortly into the new year I will have my beast.

Let me know what your guys thoughts are on an auction purchased F, specifically from the PA/NJ area.
Old 12-14-13, 03:28 PM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Like others had mentioned 2011+ are all in the 47K+ Range 39-40k is more 09-10 models. Good luck
Old 12-14-13, 03:55 PM
Mydogbella
Pole Position

I purchased a 2012 with 750 miles on it... Yes 750 miles!

It was $55,000. They would not budge at all.

Do you guys think I got it at a good price?
Old 12-14-13, 04:05 PM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

I paid 49,500 on my 2011 with 6k on the clock. Yea they won't budge much on the price, they only knocked off 1000 og price was 50,500

Quick Reply: Newbie in the market for an ISF, couple questions