IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Track day in IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-13, 04:56 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track day in IS-F

I found this video on YouTube, it's well done but almost no one has seen it. We have an IS-F at an open track day at Atlanta Motorsports Park. There seems to be a trainer in the car, you can hear occasional advice. The driver consistently takes a nice line through the turns, gobbles up the cars in front, and is never passed himself. Seen full screen in highest res, it gets quite exciting.
Old 11-18-13, 05:58 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In the spring I'll be planning an all ISF track event. Stay tuned brah
Old 11-18-13, 06:05 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

That guy put down some really nice laps, and the exhaust note sounds fantastic. I wonder what exhaust he's running? The track gets really crowded there around the 10:00 mark but it looks like he could have taken several more cars than he did.
Old 11-18-13, 08:38 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This is my car in the videos. I actually posted these videos awhile back and have a couple more from that day with the GoPro:

VBB: I actually just removed the mufflers and added straight pipes from there. The resonator is still in place.

Thanks for the compliments! I had a really great instructor. The in car video was the second time out with the instructor and he was just giving me some additional pointers.

Last edited by PatrickISF; 11-18-13 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-18-13, 09:09 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Good driving man! And you and VJ both are running the muffler delete. This might be my favorite sounding "exhaust" setup for the ISF and it's also the easiest/cheapest option available too. I don't know that it adds any power, but the weight savings are real. My only concern is hacking up the OEM exhaust since inevitably I will sell/trade this car for something new and I'll have to pay to get that fixed or buy a whole new exhaust system.
Old 11-18-13, 09:35 AM
ARFNSX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WillRockwe
I found this video on YouTube, it's well done but almost no one has seen it. We have an IS-F at an open track day at Atlanta Motorsports Park. There seems to be a trainer in the car, you can hear occasional advice. The driver consistently takes a nice line through the turns, gobbles up the cars in front, and is never passed himself. Seen full screen in highest res, it gets quite exciting.
As the instructor, Patrick did a great job! I had another student the following week who was not as receptive. The IS-F is a great car on the track even with its weight.
Old 11-18-13, 11:07 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Good driving man! And you and VJ both are running the muffler delete. This might be my favorite sounding "exhaust" setup for the ISF and it's also the easiest/cheapest option available too. I don't know that it adds any power, but the weight savings are real. My only concern is hacking up the OEM exhaust since inevitably I will sell/trade this car for something new and I'll have to pay to get that fixed or buy a whole new exhaust system.
I kept the stock mufflers and figured when it came time I could have someone just fabricate some piping to weld everything back together. I honestly don't know if that would work very well but it's not really a huge concern for me at the moment. The great thing about the setup is at idle and low speed you really can't hear it. Get on it and it's a different animal. I still plan to get a Joe Z down the road or maybe the new PPE exhaust to get some performance benefit out of it.
Old 11-18-13, 02:40 PM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you can't pass without permission. I guess that saves a lot of bodywork
Old 11-18-13, 06:05 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahaha family cars racing instead of NAS cars Mom&Dad let go race LOL hihihihihih
Old 11-18-13, 07:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by WillRockwe
Looks like you can't pass without permission. I guess that saves a lot of bodywork
That's correct. HPDE is NOT racing. Note the GTR didn't disappear in front of him. I guarantee you it could. I had one in my Green group when I first started track driving cars and I could easily keep up with him. A year later in the Yellow group, a GTR just drove away from me like I was stopped. They really are that good on the track in the hands of a competent driver.

Track days are always fun. Green group? The traffic was nasty. One of the happiest days was when I graduated from Green so I had a lot more open track and a whole lot less passing.

I need to hit up AMP. It's practically in my backyard.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 11-18-13 at 07:34 PM.