IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

opinion on is-f's from northern states

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-13, 05:56 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguyF
I never drive the F in winter or rain b/c i have winter car so my F is still very clean .

You bought the car for enjoy and the car is serve you not you serve the car what is a wasting of money RIGHT THERE O.o
Old 11-19-13, 12:52 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DansonISF
You bought the car for enjoy and the car is serve you not you serve the car what is a wasting of money RIGHT THERE O.o
Do you think you can enjoy and have fun the F in snow and wet condition bro?
Old 11-19-13, 01:13 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^DansonISF from Texas lol.. he doesn't know what snow is
Old 11-19-13, 01:29 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it was a sub model like a 250 or a 350 then I would say YES because they are IMO daily driven cars but for the IS-F. everyone that i know that owns an IS-F doesn't drive their F in the winter because for starters its not much of a winter ready car. and secondly if you can afford an F, you can afford a winter beater. I live in NY but my car was a california car that has never seen snow. This will be the first time my car will be driven in the snow
Old 11-19-13, 01:30 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguyF
Do you think you can enjoy and have fun the F in snow and wet condition bro?
I think you can. I drove mine last year to Snowshoe Mountain ski resort. The hills there are rather steep and had several inches of snow on the ground when I went. I had on Blizzak winter tires and it handled great. The only thing I had ever driven in the snow previously was FWD with all seasons or trucks. The car was very capable and only time traction light came on was when I tried to see if I could cause it never came on in normal driving conditions. I enjoyed my F in the snow that trip. I had a fun car on the trip there while the roads were dry and a very capable car when there was snow. I bought it to drive and enjoy. I have 105k on it will keep it till 200k probably.

As others have said I hosed off the under carriage when I got back from my trip to get all of the salt off. I have hardly any surface rust on the car at all and any that I do is very minor. None of which is on the body of the car.
Old 11-19-13, 03:58 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DansonISF
It is the LAST car that I would buy for dealing with snow conditions. That's why I just bought my second RX 350.

The F is not a snow mobile.

Old 11-19-13, 04:24 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WReuroR
I think you can. I drove mine last year to Snowshoe Mountain ski resort. The hills there are rather steep and had several inches of snow on the ground when I went. I had on Blizzak winter tires and it handled great. The only thing I had ever driven in the snow previously was FWD with all seasons or trucks. The car was very capable and only time traction light came on was when I tried to see if I could cause it never came on in normal driving conditions. I enjoyed my F in the snow that trip. I had a fun car on the trip there while the roads were dry and a very capable car when there was snow. I bought it to drive and enjoy. I have 105k on it will keep it till 200k probably.

As others have said I hosed off the under carriage when I got back from my trip to get all of the salt off. I have hardly any surface rust on the car at all and any that I do is very minor. None of which is on the body of the car.
hey so just curious, what is this 'surface rust' exactly, i woudl think if any part of the underside is rusting it wouldnt' be good right? means eventually you gonna have some holes? or is it that it just takes forever to rust through, vs having it on the body
Old 11-20-13, 04:38 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have snow tires/wheels for my F and drive it every opportunity I get, year round. It is garaged but I suppose I pick up salt in the winter. I'd like to find some sort of sprinkler hose I could drive over to rinse the underside.
Old 11-20-13, 05:35 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I also use snow wheels and tires, and the F does perfectly fine in all elements. I purchased the car to use it, not to resell.

To the topic, I'd say it largely depends on the owner and maintenance. Some areas require more or different types of upkeep and attention. In states which see winter conditions, I'd just pay more attention to the relevant details.