IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My before/after pics with the 2014 LED fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-13, 04:28 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the trick to removing the black surround?
Old 11-07-13, 04:34 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vmatheboss
i honestly think the regular bulbs were better and brighter...i swapped in HIDs on mine...LED are more for cosmetics and dont light up as far as the halogens or HIDs....

Plus 1.......
Old 11-07-13, 09:37 AM
thatnewguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hahahaf
whats the trick to removing the black surround?
Around the lens on the front of the bumper? You don't have to. Once you take the screw off of the fog it just pulls out inside of the bumper.
Old 11-07-13, 09:58 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohhhh ic
Old 11-07-13, 10:55 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

I keep debating this move.

If I wanted better night time vision would I get better results switching out the OEM fog light bulbs.
Old 11-07-13, 12:48 PM
RLGS300
Lead Lap

im itching to get a set of these so bad
Old 11-07-13, 12:51 PM
thatnewguy
Driver

I'll shoot some road travel pics tonight on my 5 hour trip. I love the look even if it does sacrifice a little of the illumination that the halogens have.
Old 11-07-13, 05:25 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

these are wider lights. than halogens ..
Old 11-07-13, 08:42 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

Originally Posted by allst4risf
these are wider lights. than halogens ..
theyre wider...when youre staring dead on to the lights.... LEDs do not shoot far... when you go up close you can see that the floor is lit up ONLY in front of the light.... anything directly in front of your car (while sitting inside) you wont even notice the LEDs are on....its purely for cosmetic purposes (in my opinion)..... i honestly think HIDs are the brightest.... but perhaps some OEM halogens will perform the same, im unsure...i just slapped on the HID kit with mine and been loving it
Old 11-08-13, 08:22 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

theyre wider...when youre staring dead on to the lights.... LEDs do not shoot far... when you go up close you can see that the floor is lit up ONLY in front of the light.... anything directly in front of your car (while sitting inside) you wont even notice the LEDs are on....its purely for cosmetic purposes (in my opinion)..... i honestly think HIDs are the brightest.... but perhaps some OEM halogens will perform the same, im unsure...i just slapped on the HID kit with mine and been loving it
Did you install the new 2014 fog lights in your isf before you installed your hid kit for comparison?

You can clearly see the difference between the LEDs being on and off from inside the car. They might be dimmer than the halogen ones, but they still provide usable light output and aren't only for cosmetic purposes. They also have a good reach and a wide output.
Old 11-08-13, 09:31 AM
thatnewguy
Driver

Originally Posted by jat0223
Did you install the new 2014 fog lights in your isf before you installed your hid kit for comparison?

You can clearly see the difference between the LEDs being on and off from inside the car. They might be dimmer than the halogen ones, but they still provide usable light output and aren't only for cosmetic purposes. They also have a good reach and a wide output.
This. Although I completely forgot to take any pictures last night they are very noticeable from the drivers seat when they are on compared to when they are off.

I also got flashed a lot on the way here while driving with my low beams on. Never had that happen before the headlight swap.
Old 11-08-13, 09:42 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

What HID kit did you use?
Old 11-08-13, 11:40 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by thatnewguy
This. Although I completely forgot to take any pictures last night they are very noticeable from the drivers seat when they are on compared to when they are off.

I also got flashed a lot on the way here while driving with my low beams on. Never had that happen before the headlight swap.
Maybe this is a long shot, but can the fog lights be turned upside down and mounted that way? Didn't know if they were upside down and the beam pattern is pointed up instead of down? Not sure if that is why you are getting flashed.
Old 11-08-13, 11:20 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

Originally Posted by Defratos
What HID kit did you use?
its from xenolink.com
Old 11-11-13, 06:21 AM
thatnewguy
Driver

Sorry for the delay. Here's some actual driving pics.

I thought I had one with high beams on for comparison but I can't seem to find it in my phone. All you get is fogs on and fogs off. You can def tell the difference

Quick Reply: My before/after pics with the 2014 LED fog lights