Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

My before/after pics with the 2014 LED fog lights

Old 11-07-13, 04:28 AM   #16
hahahaf
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

whats the trick to removing the black surround?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 11-07-13, 04:34 AM   #17
MercuryISF
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmatheboss View Post
i honestly think the regular bulbs were better and brighter...i swapped in HIDs on mine...LED are more for cosmetics and dont light up as far as the halogens or HIDs....

Plus 1.......
2012 Lexus ISF MM: BC Coilovers,Figs lower control arms cusco strut bar, F-sport sway bar, Joe Z intake, AFE Dry Filter, 8k low beams, 8k fogs, Blue Precision LED Interior Kit, custom painted calipers 8u1, hawk pads, BP emblems, 3m di-noc carbon fiber roof, TW Jun spoiler, Full toms kit, Borla/sikky, 15% Lumar Tint, and Xpel clear bra.
MercuryISF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 09:37 AM   #18
thatnewguy
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahaf View Post
whats the trick to removing the black surround?
Around the lens on the front of the bumper? You don't have to. Once you take the screw off of the fog it just pulls out inside of the bumper.
thatnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 09:58 AM   #19
hahahaf
Lead Lap

Ohhhh ic
Old 11-07-13, 10:55 AM   #20
Defratos
Lead Lap

I keep debating this move.

If I wanted better night time vision would I get better results switching out the OEM fog light bulbs.
2013 IS-F | Mercury Grey (1H9) | Red Leather Interior | PPE Headers | Tints | 3M Protective Film | Gloss Black Exhaust Tips | CF/ Flat bottom Steering wheel | PC'd Callipers | Project Mu pads | Black Pearl Emblems | Black Grille Surround | Joe-Z Intake | aFe Filter | Apexi TC | http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...isf-build.html
Defratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 12:48 PM   #21
RLGS300
Lead Lap

im itching to get a set of these so bad
RLGS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 12:51 PM   #22
thatnewguy
Driver

I'll shoot some road travel pics tonight on my 5 hour trip. I love the look even if it does sacrifice a little of the illumination that the halogens have.
Old 11-07-13, 05:25 PM   #23
allst4risf
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

these are wider lights. than halogens ..
allst4risf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 08:42 PM   #24
vmatheboss
Driver

vmaboss
Send a message via AIM to vmatheboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by allst4risf View Post
these are wider lights. than halogens ..
theyre wider...when youre staring dead on to the lights.... LEDs do not shoot far... when you go up close you can see that the floor is lit up ONLY in front of the light.... anything directly in front of your car (while sitting inside) you wont even notice the LEDs are on....its purely for cosmetic purposes (in my opinion)..... i honestly think HIDs are the brightest.... but perhaps some OEM halogens will perform the same, im unsure...i just slapped on the HID kit with mine and been loving it
vmatheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 08:22 AM   #25
jat0223
Pole Position

Quote:
theyre wider...when youre staring dead on to the lights.... LEDs do not shoot far... when you go up close you can see that the floor is lit up ONLY in front of the light.... anything directly in front of your car (while sitting inside) you wont even notice the LEDs are on....its purely for cosmetic purposes (in my opinion)..... i honestly think HIDs are the brightest.... but perhaps some OEM halogens will perform the same, im unsure...i just slapped on the HID kit with mine and been loving it
Did you install the new 2014 fog lights in your isf before you installed your hid kit for comparison?

You can clearly see the difference between the LEDs being on and off from inside the car. They might be dimmer than the halogen ones, but they still provide usable light output and aren't only for cosmetic purposes. They also have a good reach and a wide output.
jat0223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 09:31 AM   #26
thatnewguy
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat0223 View Post
Did you install the new 2014 fog lights in your isf before you installed your hid kit for comparison?

You can clearly see the difference between the LEDs being on and off from inside the car. They might be dimmer than the halogen ones, but they still provide usable light output and aren't only for cosmetic purposes. They also have a good reach and a wide output.
This. Although I completely forgot to take any pictures last night they are very noticeable from the drivers seat when they are on compared to when they are off.

I also got flashed a lot on the way here while driving with my low beams on. Never had that happen before the headlight swap.
Old 11-08-13, 09:42 AM   #27
Defratos
Lead Lap

Quote:
What HID kit did you use?
2013 IS-F | Mercury Grey (1H9) | Red Leather Interior | PPE Headers | Tints | 3M Protective Film | Gloss Black Exhaust Tips | CF/ Flat bottom Steering wheel | PC'd Callipers | Project Mu pads | Black Pearl Emblems | Black Grille Surround | Joe-Z Intake | aFe Filter | Apexi TC | http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...isf-build.html
Defratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 11:40 AM   #28
PatrickISF
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnewguy View Post
This. Although I completely forgot to take any pictures last night they are very noticeable from the drivers seat when they are on compared to when they are off.

I also got flashed a lot on the way here while driving with my low beams on. Never had that happen before the headlight swap.
Maybe this is a long shot, but can the fog lights be turned upside down and mounted that way? Didn't know if they were upside down and the beam pattern is pointed up instead of down? Not sure if that is why you are getting flashed.
PatrickISF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 11:20 PM   #29
vmatheboss
Driver

vmaboss
Send a message via AIM to vmatheboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defratos View Post
What HID kit did you use?
its from xenolink.com
vmatheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 06:21 AM   #30
thatnewguy
Driver

Sorry for the delay. Here's some actual driving pics.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I thought I had one with high beams on for comparison but I can't seem to find it in my phone. All you get is fogs on and fogs off. You can def tell the difference
Old 11-11-13, 06:21 AM

Tags
2014, fog, foglights, isf, lamp, lamps, led, lexus, lexusisf, light, lights, review, water