IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.

Old 11-05-13, 10:26 AM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Damn I hope u find your wheels and insurance should take care of you right ? I hear about people's wheels getting stolen way to often there was a dealership that got their wheels stolen off the lot damaged a brand new car
Old 11-05-13, 10:38 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

You should look into a firearm and what is needed yo legally carry it in your location. What would have happened if you went to your car while they were in the middle of stealing them? Would they have attacked.you?
Old 11-05-13, 10:47 AM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSyce
Do your own investigating.

See if there are any video surveillance cameras that would capture the crime in action, or a suspicious car leaving the scene. At least you have a specific narrow window of time this occurred within.
Yes, I have. Police were called and CSI even pulled fingerprints. The CSI even told me that even though they may ID the person; unless they are seen in possession of my wheels, there is nothing they can do. There are surveillance cameras at the entrances/exit and police are trying to obtain those videos.

Last edited by SPoon22; 11-05-13 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-05-13, 10:52 AM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PVlexus
Spoon, sorry to hear about the wheels. So you're in Huntington then?
Hi. This occurred in Irvine near the airport which is a total shocker to me.
Old 11-05-13, 12:45 PM
JDMis4me
Driver School Candidate

Didn't know it was in a parking garage, that's rough....

Sorry man, If I lived by you, I would bring you wheels...

Greg
Old 11-05-13, 01:16 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Thanks all. Really appreciate the help even if you are near or far. Pat is lending me his wheels and wishing I have kept my stockies for crap like this as well. Thanks a million Pat and those who offered. Insurance should be covering everything under comprehensive. It is not really the wheels I am aiming to seek, but it would be nice to get them back, but its the ***** that did it...

I did have wheel locks on my wheels for those who asked and are curious. The thieves just wanted the wheels bad enough to take them.
Old 11-05-13, 01:44 PM
junkyard03
Driver

Originally Posted by SPoon22
Thanks all. Really appreciate the help even if you are near or far. Pat is lending me his wheels and wishing I have kept my stockies for crap like this as well. Thanks a million Pat and those who offered. Insurance should be covering everything under comprehensive. It is not really the wheels I am aiming to seek, but it would be nice to get them back, but its the ***** that did it...

I did have wheel locks on my wheels for those who asked and are curious. The thieves just wanted the wheels bad enough to take them.
SPoon22

I live in HB so I will keep my eyes out. Do you think it could of been someone that has a grudge against you? I ask because most thieves won't take the time to damage your car if they are just after your wheels. Talking from experience at least
Old 11-05-13, 01:59 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear man. I saw this post on FB, and I'm also from Huntington Beach so this struck home for me. I'll keep a lookout as well and hope everything works out for you.
Old 11-05-13, 02:06 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate reading these threads :/ I had my oem rims jacked earlier this year

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
dirty ****** hope they catch aids
lol
Old 11-05-13, 02:31 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by junkyard03
SPoon22

I live in HB so I will keep my eyes out. Do you think it could of been someone that has a grudge against you? I ask because most thieves won't take the time to damage your car if they are just after your wheels. Talking from experience at least
I am here strictly for work purposes and I work in the field. I do not go out much and do not know too many people here so I highly doubt anyone has a grudge against me. The damage is not from anyone just banging on the car or wanting to damage it, but from the act of trying to steal the wheels. They literally dropped the car on the ground so most of the damage is on the bottom and along the wheel wells. The big dent my friend showed me and I mentioned earlier probably came from trying to pry out the jack after they were done.

Nevertheless, thanks for your efforts in advance. =)
Old 11-05-13, 02:48 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thing about these is that anyone can spray on a layer of Plastidip and sell them in that color.
I'll keep an eye out for them
Anyone else keeping an eye out, please just keep an open mind that if they're plastidipped into another color, ask the seller what color it was originally in.
Old 11-05-13, 03:13 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

I had the same thing happen to my integra back in college... guys left it on the rotors. Seriously is one of the worst feelings.. Hope your wheels turn up soon or the surveillance camera picked up something that could help. Sorry to hear....
Old 11-05-13, 04:12 PM
jorhelj
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree,
Did you have wheel Locks? Alarm?

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Check ALL local pawn shops, Craigslist, EBay, etc......like now.

We've had a few incidents like this over the years, particularly with aftermarket wheels. Is it possible to place tracking devices anywhere inconspicuously in the wheel? I f'ing hate theives, and I would have no issue with America adopting the practice of cutting off theives' hands (so long as the evidence is indisputable).
Old 11-05-13, 04:52 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jorhelj
I agree,
Did you have wheel Locks? Alarm?
I did have wheels locks and the car does have alarm, but the alarm does not goes off if the vehicle is tilted.
Old 11-05-13, 09:46 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to see this brother.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.