IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Need Some Life Advice From you guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-13, 09:54 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Yup, see the world for free by joining the Navy like I did!

Last edited by Autobacs; 11-05-13 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-08-13, 11:09 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Forget about getting a nice car now. Nice cars are, at the end of the day, just cars.

Do what everybody already said regarding education, saving/investing, living within your means, and getting the basics first: Having your own place to live.

I find it ridiculously funny when somebody will live with their parents just so they can own a baller car. Cool for some but a good example of how priorities are skewed.

Nice cars WILL always be around when you are finally set up and can comfortably afford one.
DUDE what do u mean by live with their parents to earn a baller car???? u much be out of ur mine are something?? living with parents is not mean they have pay everything and you don't have to worry nothing but its all about to stay close with the family, and family is alway 1st priority when you lose the one u love will never finding him or her back like my dad he just passed away last year no one ever know hes so healthy and all the suddenly hes sick and passed away and yes im living with my mom now and is not mean she paying for anything for me my mom is no longer to works shes retirement and to old for work i make my mom to stay home so i can taken care of her and yes i own an ISF and pay off the house im so proud of myseft so from now on you much get that evil tho out of ur mine and dont judge people like you think you know all about their family and as for you kid a car is alway a car its only to take you from point A to point B as you were young 1st thing is concentrate on study and saving money for your future you never know what might be happen still tomorrow and you might be needed the money you were saved to help you out and as you know you're so lucky compare to alot of people out there dosent have a car to drive or another teen like ur age dosent have a decent car like you but as for now keep it and used it until you graduate and having a good job then do whatever you like to do...

Last edited by DansonISF; 11-08-13 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-09-13, 11:34 AM
Fondue
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think that's in the running for longest run on sentence of the year.
Old 11-09-13, 12:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by DansonISF
DUDE what do u mean by live with their parents to earn a baller car???? u much be out of ur mine are something?? living with parents is not mean they have pay everything and you don't have to worry nothing but its all about to stay close with the family, and family is alway 1st priority when you lose the one u love will never finding him or her back like my dad he just passed away last year no one ever know hes so healthy and all the suddenly hes sick and passed away and yes im living with my mom now and is not mean she paying for anything for me my mom is no longer to works shes retirement and to old for work i make my mom to stay home so i can taken care of her and yes i own an ISF and pay off the house im so proud of myseft so from now on you much get that evil tho out of ur mine and dont judge people like you think you know all about their family and as for you kid a car is alway a car its only to take you from point A to point B as you were young 1st thing is concentrate on study and saving money for your future you never know what might be happen still tomorrow and you might be needed the money you were saved to help you out and as you know you're so lucky compare to alot of people out there dosent have a car to drive or another teen like ur age dosent have a decent car like you but as for now keep it and used it until you graduate and having a good job then do whatever you like to do...
Who judged you? Relax and consider not everyone does things for the same reasons. Unfortunately, there are those who will choose to live at home specifically so they can afford things they would not be able to afford if they had all the overhead expenses on their shoulders. So, obviously, you are not that cat. Good for you for looking out for family and being there for your mom. You're not the guy Autobacs was talking about.

Here's something to stick in your head - if you make $20k a year, you are in the global top 1% of earners. What we call poverty wages in the US would have you living well almost anywhere else in the world. Be smart with how you spend and save. A little can go a very long way, it just depends on where you are and what you are willing to do.
Old 11-09-13, 12:19 PM
js1011
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boyztung
Hey guys, i've been reading this forum for a year already, not because i have a IS-F, but my cousin has an IS-F and it's really amazing to sit in it/drive it, and get jealous looks from people everywhere, i always come here to help my cousin on his build and fixes, Was even hoping to get one. I am 17 years old and have a 2011 Mustang 5.0, pretty content with it (Haha even beat my cousin's IS-F in quarter mile and 0-60 races), and not to troll with you guys at all. But after reading this fourm as compared to the Mustang forums, i notice that you guys have alot of potentials to go towards buying the GT-R route, like Danny from the forums. As mentioned before, i m still in school, high school to be exact. I would greatly appreciate you guys for some guidance/tips/life routes you would give to me in pursuing this route; about to go to college after next summer, going up to a new step of challanges, cause selling stuff on craigslist is not gonna make me serious money, getting tired of it, and the stupid scammers out there.
All help would be sincerely appreciated thanks guys
College is great! The studying sucks, but make sure you challenge yourself and learn. You would be surprised how much you learn in school applies to the real world (if you will).

Most importantly: remember to start networking on your first day. Each person you meet and the relationships you create "will" impact you in the future. Be excellent to people, and they will be excellent to you.

Last but not least - have fun. Have lot's of sex; it's college. Guys and girls are banging each other right and left - just wear a condom.

If you're a girl, there is no double standard - you can do it just as much as guys can .
Old 11-09-13, 02:56 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DansonISF
Take a chill pill. You obviously did not understand my post.

In any case, very good posts by most. Some things really never change. I remember asking similar questions when I was young and getting similar answers. It's all good.
Old 11-09-13, 03:52 PM
justfme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Life isn't about stuff. Not cars, not houses, not jobs, not "girls" - not anything that seems important at 17. Life is a series of moments all strung together. The goal is to have more good ones than bad ones when the moments stop and one day they surely will stop for you. There are many ways for this to happen. Choose to find value in your relationships with others, and I mean real value, not cash value. Any monkey can climb a tree and pull down the dollars, you just have to be motivated, persistent, and fearless of what others call failure.

Don't do what everyone else is doing if you want more from life than they do. The first word in following the crowd or following fashion is following. It's not leading.

Choose to do something you are passionate about. It will make a lot more good moments than bad ones and you'll meet people who share your passion and appreciate what you do too.

Last but not least, it sounds really simple, but its undeniably true; the more people positively impacted by the decisions you make, the more money you'll find in your pocket.

I just recently celebrated my 32 anniversary of my 21st birthday. It was a LOT better than my 21st birthday was.

Never, ever, ever stop trying.

Wow. Could not agree more. Very well said.