IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler

Old 06-12-14, 03:12 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a borla/ppe setup if you want to get together and do a side by side comparo video. I have a go-pro, but might be able to get something better.
Old 06-12-14, 03:33 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^^That would be GREAT!!!! PM me.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
hard to tell, theres some distortion in the mic. How does it sound compare to a JoeZ. Love the idea of the electronic valve for V8 cars used as a daily
I have a friend with PPE, No Cats, and a JoeZ. A couple of weeks ago, he was over at my house and we were working on our cars. We parked them side by side in the driveway. From about 10' back, with my valves open, you could't hear the JoeZ. IMO, it's got a deeper tone and sounds more muscular.

Lou
Old 06-12-14, 03:43 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Will do. Maybe we can do all 3 side by side.. That would probably cover the most popular exhaust setups.
Old 06-12-14, 04:10 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
I have a borla/ppe setup if you want to get together and do a side by side comparo video. I have a go-pro, but might be able to get something better.
That would be great to hear since I am heading to Phoenix on Monday to have headers installed. I will be running PPE headers with the Borla exhaust as well. I am anticipating it will be a little more raspy when I run test pipes and more deep with the HFCs.
Old 06-14-14, 05:00 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

By any chance does anyone knows/had this code before ? I been having this code for the longest now last 2 times it lasted 5 days to come on when yesterday to reset it again but it didn't last 2 hours this time my cousin had checked the injectors/ fuel pump and we can't find anything only thing we noticed was a little pinging noise coming from somewhere close to the injectors don't know if that got anything to do with it but we tested each and everyone of the injectors did a test on the computer and they fine
Attached Thumbnails PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-image-3963619598.jpg  
Old 06-14-14, 07:18 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

We should have our system in house in another week and then pics and good mic sound clips to follow.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-14-14, 07:24 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
By any chance does anyone knows/had this code before ? I been having this code for the longest now last 2 times it lasted 5 days to come on when yesterday to reset it again but it didn't last 2 hours this time my cousin had checked the injectors/ fuel pump and we can't find anything only thing we noticed was a little pinging noise coming from somewhere close to the injectors don't know if that got anything to do with it but we tested each and everyone of the injectors did a test on the computer and they fine
I would personally check the harness on the port fuel injectors and make sure there is no broken/pinched wiring, wire pulled from a connector, etc.

Were you guys working in close proximity to the port injectors? If so I would inspect very closely in the area you were working.

Did you go over your o2 Sim install and make sure everything is correct and you didn't accidentally tap into a wrong wire, or nick another wire?
Old 06-14-14, 07:28 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cronic
I would personally check the harness on the port fuel injectors and make sure there is no broken/pinched wiring, wire pulled from a connector, etc. Were you guys working in close proximity to the port injectors? If so I would inspect very closely in the area you were working. Did you go over your o2 Sim install and make sure everything is correct and you didn't accidentally tap into a wrong wire, or nick another wire?
he did checked on the wiring many time he even took it off to have it done again just to make sure that everything was fine I will ask him about the port injector harness to see if he checked that out it so weird I keep getting this cel over and over thanks for the info
Old 06-14-14, 01:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Got the Production Version of the mufflers installed this morning.

My System
1. PPE Headers
2. High Flow Cats
3. New PPE Dual Mode Exhaust System.

Here's a short video (I'm not very good at videos). Valve is closed until the 24 second mark when I open it. If you look at the bottom tip, you can see a change when it happens.

Lou's PPE Exhaust Final Version - YouTube

Don't it sound GOOD?

Lou

System sounds great !! I love the dual tones. Both sound great. Thanks for sharing
Old 06-14-14, 02:55 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

sounds awesome....
Old 06-24-14, 11:41 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

• Add Ceramic Coating- Rear Section - $250.

• Add Ceramic Coating- Entire System - $600.

Lou
Lou, can you explain the purpose, or lack thereof, of ceramic coating?
Old 06-24-14, 12:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^It really doesn't do anything visavis performance on an exhaust system. I just have the rear section done on mine.. It's black, and I had it done so the mufflers wouldn't be visible.

Lou
Old 06-24-14, 01:24 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

^^^^It really doesn't do anything visavis performance on an exhaust system. I just have the rear section done on mine.. It's black, and I had it done so the mufflers wouldn't be visible.

Lou
So it doesn't better protect or extend the life of the stainless steel, or does it? Is it simply for aesthetics??
Old 06-24-14, 05:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^The materials (Grade of SS) used in the stock and most aftermarket exhausts these days is pretty durable stuff. With that being said, will adding ceramic coating add to that durability, if applied properly? The answer is yes. But, as I said, I did it for aesthetic reasons only.

Lou
Old 07-07-14, 05:17 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

We should have our first kit on hand this Wed and will do the install later this week. Ceramic coating is a thermal barrier. It will increase performance by holding temperature inside the exhaust vs allowing it to escape via conduction and eventually convection. Holding temp stabilizes exhaust velocity. The second benefit of ceramic coatings is durability as it will shed water and debris and keep the system from spotting up and oxidizing. SS is a corrosion resistant material, but it can develop oxidation over time depending on the elements it sees.
Fig
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler