IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-14, 07:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I'm away from home right now, on a trip to Lake Arrowhead. Anyway, I am still driving with the system open most of the time. But, I discovered a benefit of the closed feature that I hadn't thought of. While driving over here, I got a phone call. The drone from the exhaust although pleasant to me, would not have allowed me to talk and listen over the BlueTooth speakers, so a flip of the switch, and Yay I could use the BT and my phone in quiet comfort.

Lou
Old 07-14-14, 12:41 PM
iizzle3fiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there still plans for mufflers that replace the stock bumper inserts?
Old 07-14-14, 01:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I'm away from home right now, on a trip to Lake Arrowhead. Anyway, I am still driving with the system open most of the time. But, I discovered a benefit of the closed feature that I hadn't thought of. While driving over here, I got a phone call. The drone from the exhaust although pleasant to me, would not have allowed me to talk and listen over the BlueTooth speakers, so a flip of the switch, and Yay I could use the BT and my phone in quiet comfort.

Lou
That valved design really makes it more functional
Old 07-21-14, 03:22 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
I'm away from home right now, on a trip to Lake Arrowhead. Anyway, I am still driving with the system open most of the time. But, I discovered a benefit of the closed feature that I hadn't thought of. While driving over here, I got a phone call. The drone from the exhaust although pleasant to me, would not have allowed me to talk and listen over the BlueTooth speakers, so a flip of the switch, and Yay I could use the BT and my phone in quiet comfort. Lou
I been having a strong odor problem after installing the system wanna know if this is normal or what can I do to fix the issue I'm cat less I will like to know if adding the cats will delete that strong odor inside the cabin Just wanna make sure that adding the cats will fix the smell so I don't pay 300 on something and still have the same odor inside,is so strong that after I get off the car I can smell it on my clothes ..somebody told me that the problem is that the exhauts doesn't go all the way out to the tips and that's why all the smoke stays under the car and go inside the cabin he said to add a lil extra pipe to make it reach the tips .. Do u think that would work ? I can't stand that smell
Old 07-21-14, 06:34 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

does it smell like gasoline? No cats will give you more of a gasoline smelling exhaust sort of like an old classic car.
Old 07-21-14, 08:29 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

We are in the process of documenting the install and should have some prelim sound clips today. FraganciaF the secondary cats are there to soak up additional unburnt fuel. Since you have both the headers and the exhaust and are completely catless the smell you are getting is a result of that residual fuel coming out the exhaust. Cats should eliminate the issue.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 07-21-14, 10:16 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
I been having a strong odor problem after installing the system wanna know if this is normal or what can I do to fix the issue I'm cat less I will like to know if adding the cats will delete that strong odor inside the cabin Just wanna make sure that adding the cats will fix the smell so I don't pay 300 on something and still have the same odor inside,is so strong that after I get off the car I can smell it on my clothes ..somebody told me that the problem is that the exhauts doesn't go all the way out to the tips and that's why all the smoke stays under the car and go inside the cabin he said to add a lil extra pipe to make it reach the tips .. Do u think that would work ? I can't stand that smell
Hi Guy. Yes, the addition of HiFlow Catalytic Converters will eliminate the gasoline odor you are smelling. The cats are an option on the PPE system, and I have that option, and have absolutely no smell. As far as the gap at the rear of the tailpipes causing the gasoline odor, that's bull.

Lou
Old 07-21-14, 12:33 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had Paul with PPE customize my exhaust so I could run either with or without cats. Speaking from experience, the PPE HFCs will eliminate the exhaust odors. I went about 2 weeks before I got tired of the exhaust smell and put on the HFCs. I could feel a slight decrease in power on the high end but I actually think I gained a little low and mid range torque.
Old 07-21-14, 02:19 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FIGS
We are in the process of documenting the install and should have some prelim sound clips today. FraganciaF the secondary cats are there to soak up additional unburnt fuel. Since you have both the headers and the exhaust and are completely catless the smell you are getting is a result of that residual fuel coming out the exhaust. Cats should eliminate the issue. Mike
oh ok thanks I guess I got no other option then to order the cats and loose some power :-(
Old 07-21-14, 02:51 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
oh ok thanks I guess I got no other option then to order the cats and loose some power :-(
Don't forget to check the member classifieds.
Old 07-25-14, 09:16 PM
FIGS
The Maker

one of the pics from this past week.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 08-19-14, 07:56 AM
yosacchmo
Driver School Candidate

Any idea how close this exhaust is to being released for purchase? This is exactly what i've been looking for i've been playing with different cut out options so I can be loud and obnoxious when I want and still have some refined luxury when i want as well. Even just being able to buy the mufflers or find a similar muffler would be great.
Old 08-19-14, 11:11 AM
FIGS
The Maker

We can take orders now, just working through a few last details and should have the sound clips up. With resonators and cats the system is very mellow with 0 drone. When closed its pretty much a stock sound, or lack of sound
Old 08-19-14, 11:14 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

how much will the system cost? Is this a new Figs system ?
Old 08-19-14, 11:56 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^It's the PPE system. Figs is an authorized distributor.

Lou

Quick Reply: PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler