IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-15, 05:37 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

This car is SEXYY in real life lol. The rear of the car is flawless, molded trunk looks perfect, no waves!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-15-15, 07:45 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Black is the new orange lol ahahhahahhaha looking good sir. We socal isf knows a thing or 2 about modified lol
Old 03-16-15, 12:58 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
This car is SEXYY in real life lol. The rear of the car is flawless, molded trunk looks perfect, no waves!
We tested the molding to make sure there would be no waves. I was a bit worried since it is a little bit of an added weight on the trunk itself, but everything is holding up nicely after a few years now. I figure, I'm paying for a quality service, so the result should be just that.

But bro, your ride is bomb! I can't compete with you guys. I will say this, no IS F looks bad when modded right.

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Black is the new orange lol ahahhahahhaha looking good sir. We socal isf knows a thing or 2 about modified lol
Thanks, Kody! I'll agree, black looks sexy, but we saw a few great examples of what sexy can look like on the IS Fs that attended today's meet, and we didn't even need the "half naked girls" that never showed up
Old 03-16-15, 01:45 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Yesterday, the SoCal IS F members convened for yet another gathering. It was more enjoyable seeing everyone else have a good time, despite the near triple-digit heat we endured wherever we went looking for shoot locations. All I know is that there isn't a greater group of guys and gals I would consider family.

Our meet took place all over San Pedro and Rancho Palos Verdes. Great spots to shoot, provided we had ample space and a stress-free environment to photograph.

Battleship USS Iowa

Our next spots, which we were told to evacuate from in a timely manner (and did), proved to be a great industrial area to get some unique shots. Unfortunately, it just wasn't open to the public without consent, but we had a very understanding officer patrolling the area.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rjYnii]/url]

And lastly, our group shot at the outer confines of a very nice resort property. The guys were debating on what was in our backdrop. Some of the responses included Catalina Island, Japan, Korea, and Hawaii. Yup, that's the IS F family for you....

Shoutout to all the IS F members who came out and made this a successful meet. Looking forward to many more of these with you guys and gals. Definitely we'll need sunscreen for the next one...
Old 03-16-15, 02:50 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Lookin good and you forgot Pats answer of Cuba being Catalina lol.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-16-15, 02:52 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I missed out!!!
Old 03-16-15, 10:46 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Lookin good and you forgot Pats answer of Cuba being Catalina lol.
Oh, snap! Cuba? I only wish them Cubanas were closer.

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
I missed out!!!
Next time, bud! There will be more. But this particular one made it difficult with the heat we had on us. It was enough to make everyone want to leave and find another spot quickly, but then there was another and then another seemingly following us wherever we went.
Old 03-16-15, 10:48 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

beautiful example of a black ISF. once you get the LED headlights, you dont need anything else. good job man.
Old 03-16-15, 10:54 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
beautiful example of a black ISF. once you get the LED headlights, you dont need anything else. good job man.
Much appreciated, my friend! You're not the first to mention the upgraded headlights. I've gone back and forth on it for so long, and some of the local guys are really pressuring for me to update them. Truthfully, I really like how it looks with the AFS. It was the last model to have the pre-LED headlamps/pre spindle grille changes that Lexus made to all of its vehicles, and it still looks amazing without all those design cues. It does, however, show a little bit of age, but for a seven-year old car, that's not too bad.
Old 03-16-15, 11:30 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Much appreciated, my friend! You're not the first to mention the upgraded headlights. I've gone back and forth on it for so long, and some of the local guys are really pressuring for me to update them. Truthfully, I really like how it looks with the AFS. It was the last model to have the pre-LED headlamps/pre spindle grille changes that Lexus made to all of its vehicles, and it still looks amazing without all those design cues. It does, however, show a little bit of age, but for a seven-year old car, that's not too bad.
Interested in blacked out housing headlights?

Old 03-16-15, 11:37 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Interested in blacked out housing headlights?

haha....it would look nice. I'll text you about some other parts as well.
Old 04-06-15, 01:21 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

A few of us decided to gather this past Saturday before Easter. Nothing spectacular- just great conversation, great laughs, and a great long drive from the mountains to the coast. Given the hustle and bustle of each of our lives, it's nice to come together for a few hours and just forget about everything.

L to R: Atomic Silver RC350 F-sport - Mercury Metallic GS350 - Obsidian NX200t F-sport (both) - Ultra White IS350 F-sport - Obsidian IS F

The modded ones of the bunch...

It's looking more and more like my future garage. Still deciding if we want another Obsidian.

Dat wheel gap tho...

There is certainly much more to come. I have received numerous inquiries on an all Lexus gathering, so, to those who are interested, be on the lookout.
Old 04-06-15, 05:51 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, looked like an awesome drive.
Old 04-06-15, 09:00 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
Wow, looked like an awesome drive.
Same ol' drive, Gene. Given that it was the Furious 7 weekend premiere, it was expected that someone was bound to get veered off course by idiot ricers, and it ended up being me. But it was all before we even hit ACH, so it didn't bother me too much.

We'll set up another IS F cruise soon. I'm thinking we might have to visit your neck of the woods for the next one
Old 04-07-15, 04:59 PM
Turbogoat3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car is looking great as usual Brian.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years