IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Old 11-24-14, 10:15 PM
powermungr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build thread bnizzle. Its a little late but it was awesome hanging with you guys on in Riverside.
Old 11-24-14, 10:50 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by powermungr
Great build thread bnizzle. Its a little late but it was awesome hanging with you guys on in Riverside.
Great meeting you, Michael! Looking forward to reconnecting with you at future meets. Keep me up to date with your build as well. Always willing to help a fellow CL member! Keep enjoying your F!
Old 11-25-14, 10:42 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
There haven't really been any updates on the F in terms of mod parts, which is a bit of relief for me for the time being so that I can finally get some free time to attend meets and hang with other members.

October 26th was the date- Lexus of Riverside hosted the #FYEAH2014! Lexus Meet, unveiling the NX and RC F to the public. While the NX200t F-sport is on my short list for my next daily, it didn't stop me from getting some time with the USB 2.0 RC F.

Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 RC F - Obsidian IS F - Intensa Blue Pearl IS300 (DLo_IS300)

It was definitely a successful meet. Such a great turnout with food and entertainment, as well as raffle prizes and the opportunity to have a ride in both the NX and RC F. Lexus of Riverside was a fine host location for this meet, and the staff members were so easygoing and engaging with the attendees. Meets like these need to continue- the Lexus community does appreciate all the hard work, effort, and planning that goes into executing something like this.
This picture is quite touching for me because of how I foresee it resembling the future picture I'll have of my three babies
I wont pull the trigger yet, but I've heavily debated what color RC F I would get, if/when the time comes.
Independent of other factors, I would hands down get a Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 one.
But given my Blue IS300 and Blue IS F, and that I plan to keep both, that would be quite the overkill of blue. But I also can't imagine NOT getting blue haha (It would probably be orange, or white on red, if not the blue.)

I guess it's a nice problem to have, I'll see what's available in a year or two when the time is right.

Your IS F is great-looking, by the way!
Old 11-25-14, 02:53 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LO 21
This picture is quite touching for me because of how I foresee it resembling the future picture I'll have of my three babies
I wont pull the trigger yet, but I've heavily debated what color RC F I would get, if/when the time comes.
Independent of other factors, I would hands down get a Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 one.
But given my Blue IS300 and Blue IS F, and that I plan to keep both, that would be quite the overkill of blue. But I also can't imagine NOT getting blue haha (It would probably be orange, or white on red, if not the blue.)

I guess it's a nice problem to have, I'll see what's available in a year or two when the time is right.

Your IS F is great-looking, by the way!
Haha, I completely understand. I really considered the RC F and some of me still wants to get one. I just know I'll need four doors down the line, whether it be entertaining guests or having family to transport. An IS 300 SportCross is still on of the cars I'd love to work on, but only time will tell. One thing is for certain- Lexus' F performance line will keep me looking at the models to come.

Blue is just one of those colors that looks good. It's not as traditional or seen everywhere like a black, white, or silver, but still carries a nice "wow" look to it. Truth be told, I do see myself with an Obsidian F performance vehicle again. I know I'll hate detailing as much as I do with my IS F, but I still love how great it looks time and time again.

And thanks for the compliment. It hasn't been the easiest of times putting everything together thus far.
Old 12-29-14, 09:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Another bonus from the most recent #FYEAH! meet was getting to meet some new Lexus enthusiasts. Connecting with PRLexus14, ChrisPark, and mandyton18 and scheduling a free day was a bit difficult, but we got some time to hang out, chat about Lexus vehicles, and enjoy each other's unique rides. All of their 3IS rides look vastly different than from any showroom stock form, and thanks to the great vendors here on the forums, they've modded theirs to fit their styles.

It was a cool, brisk Saturday afternoon. We found a nice little street to enjoy some mural art.

PRLexus14's Ultra White 3IS F-sport on Red Velvet Avant Garde F210s.

mandyton18's NGP 3IS F-sport.

ChrisPark's NGP 3IS F-sport with a carbon fiber wing.

Old 12-29-14, 09:44 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Our next location featured some more space to maneuver the cars without traffic. Most of you will recognize the backdrop instantly.

For those who requested more of the wheel finish. The variation of colors will change depending on the angle of lighting.

Group shots are the best with a fun gang.

Sometimes it's always black and white...

Back to back. The changes in the body lines really shows how Lexus has progressed its IS line.

Two locomotions ready to roll.

Great meeting Laurisa, Chris, and Armando the other day, and looking forward to reconnecting soon. Great way to end the last weekend of 2014, even though these past few weeks haven't been the kindest to me. Wishing everyone a safe and festive New Year 2015!
Old 12-30-14, 03:09 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Great pics
Old 12-30-14, 05:24 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

Brian take pics of my boring stock car too!

Pics look great! Nice location too!

One of these days........=)
Old 12-30-14, 05:37 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Great pics
Much appreciated, my friend!

Originally Posted by bakalag
Brian take pics of my boring stock car too!

Pics look great! Nice location too!

One of these days........=)
Haha, it's never about how many mods one has done to his/her car. Even a stock ride will look clean and classy. It's just fun to be around Lexus enthusiasts who can appreciate what they have as their canvas to work on. But we'll shoot real soon. Meeting new members and getting to know them beyond the forum confines is what makes this community great.
Old 02-16-15, 02:34 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Seven years ago, I was fortunate to be in a position where I could purchase the first F performance model Lexus introduced into its lineup. The "F" was not something that just came into fruition out of nowhere for Lexus, nor was it a spur of the moment purchase for myself. That being said, this week marks the week that I signed, sealed, and waited oh so patiently for my then brand new 2008 to arrive; took delivery Leap Year Day 2008.

To commemorate the beginning of my ownership experience, what better way to do it than with the great friends and close mates I have been granted the opportunity of meeting through these past seven years. It goes to show that we all not only have an affiliation with Lexus but also an appreciation for the brand and how it has led us to different avenues in networking, both social and professional. There are no egos here. Just Lexus enthusiasm, a care for one another, and reconnecting as friends always should.

We could've easily gone to a Starbucks, chilled and relaxed, and left after our hugs and handshakes. But we do things a bit differently here. We were fortunate to have a special guest visiting from the land that produced maple syrup, mounties, and Celine Dion- Canada. #lexussalespro and #teamerinparklexus Lexus representative Norman Karkada decided to greet us with his presence, and we had to show him how we run the streets here in So Cal. So, decisively so, we all opted for Mulholland Drive and Pacific Coast Highway. I'll provide video links when the attendees finalize their Go Pro files, but here were some of the pics from today.

Some might recognize this lot instantly. Fortunately, we were able to all park together and not scattered unlike other groups that were present at Neptune's Net.

Unfortunately, I got stuck beside this behemoth. I do envy him, however. I'm willing to bet he still got better gas economy than I did after our run on the Snake.

A quick break to chill and take in the beautiful weather and scenery, we're all ready to hit up the next spot. Queen Molten Pearl says she's in charge, which meant USB2.0, Infrared, and the #instabuilt Seafoam RC Fs all were at her mercy.

Onto the next location. A need for a little tanning before we get our need for speed on!
Old 02-16-15, 02:44 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Very nice Brian cant wait for the video .
Old 02-16-15, 02:54 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

A rare open lot where we could park our cars together is what ended up finding here in Malibu.

These four, including myself, represented the pre-Spindle grille Lexus formulated into its current vehicles. I guess this makes mine pretty old now. Not bad for seven years. L to R- 3GS, 3LS, CT, IS F.

Panoramic group shot

#AsphaltUp

Taste the Rainbow!

Breaking up the RC family shots with a pic of rOshiro's 3IS F-sport and my IS F. He's rocking TE37RTs and I'm on G25 Prism Dark Silver.

The sun does these wheels good.

The year's only getting started. There are plenty of more things lined up...parts to get, meets and cruises to attend, and for those So Cal IS F members, keep checking the threads for the next all IS F gathering.
Old 02-16-15, 04:14 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

What tire size are running, they look meaty.
Old 02-16-15, 04:27 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Very nice Brian cant wait for the video .
Thanks, Kody! Videos hopefully will be posted soon.

Originally Posted by Rossi
What tire size are running, they look meaty.
I'm running 255/35 front and 295/30 rear. Slight rubbing in the rear, but I'm on BC Racing + Swift springs and I haven't touched the camber arms yet.
Old 03-15-15, 04:29 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Thanks, man! The trunk was molded and that was pretty hard to look at during the whole process. I didn't mold the rear diffuser, though. Perfect fit all around.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the molded rear wing run you? Not including the part itself, just the body work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years