IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-14, 10:24 PM
2011slvISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love the Wald diffuser molding looks SICK!!!!
Old 09-08-14, 11:10 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
7.5 lbs less each front and 4.5 lbs less each rear. There is a typo on RacingBrake website
I knew we were talking about the weight loss at the corners. I just didn't remember how much per corner. Thanks for all the help brother! We gotta get together soon.

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thanks guys for responses, thats awesome.
Great insight and help from so many guys and gals on this forum. It truly is unlike any other car forum I've been a part of.

Originally Posted by peyman
TOMMY at tommys music box installed my headers, hes good at doing the wiring in case you need him to look it over for that dash light that came on. did u put aftermarket cats? i want to put cats cause it smells so toxic without it but im worried it will alter the sound.
I actually contacted Tommy about it. More minds working on this and helping future owners will really come in handy.

I didn't install any cats. I was highly debating this, but I smelled it once everything was on and sealed. While it is pretty strong, I've been used to this sort of smell on other cars I've been around. It won't alter the sound too much, if that's what you're afraid of. I just chose not to have any welded.
Old 09-08-14, 11:13 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2011slvISF
i love the Wald diffuser molding looks SICK!!!!
Thanks, man! The trunk was molded and that was pretty hard to look at during the whole process. I didn't mold the rear diffuser, though. Perfect fit all around.
Old 09-09-14, 08:12 AM
2011slvISF
Rookie

oh sorry my mistake...still looks Bad A**
Old 09-09-14, 09:37 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I knew we were talking about the weight loss at the corners. I just didn't remember how much per corner. Thanks for all the help brother! We gotta get together soon.

Great insight and help from so many guys and gals on this forum. It truly is unlike any other car forum I've been a part of.

I actually contacted Tommy about it. More minds working on this and helping future owners will really come in handy.

I didn't install any cats. I was highly debating this, but I smelled it once everything was on and sealed. While it is pretty strong, I've been used to this sort of smell on other cars I've been around. It won't alter the sound too much, if that's what you're afraid of. I just chose not to have any welded.
I was at Tommys for my CEL when doing my steering install and he didnt have much feedback..
Old 09-09-14, 10:02 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2011slvISF
oh sorry my mistake...still looks Bad A**
Thanks bud! Can't go wrong with either the WALD, Tom's, or Arkym for some added CF and a stylish look.

These are some of my favorite shots and showcases the lines so well....

Originally Posted by ISFpat
I was at Tommys for my CEL when doing my steering install and he didnt have much feedback..
Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be a lot to advise at this point. All he said was to keep driving it for awhlle since the car needs time to relearn. I'll check to see if I have any codes popping up or if it's just the VSC.
Old 09-24-14, 12:58 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Nothing really new to update, except for the codes p0031 and p2241. I've seen both codes discovered by members who had their headers installed, so hopefully it will be a quick fix. We're going to take another look see and backtrack the entire install to see what needs to be reworked.
Old 09-26-14, 06:39 AM
roswell
Pole Position

Brian, your car is hot!! Those rear tires are insane LOL
Old 09-27-14, 01:28 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by roswell
Brian, your car is hot!! Those rear tires are insane LOL
Much appreciated, Meng! The tires are as close as the stock tire sizes when it comes to diameter, circumference, and revs. per mile, keeping everything in line. While it might not matter much to some people, and I get a lot of inquiries about this, the mileage and speedometer readings were what I took into account when upsizing tires. In terms of customization, you and your HREs are top notch. I'll contact you when I visit your neck of the woods. I want to see both the IS F and C63 AMG in person!
Old 09-27-14, 12:08 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Much appreciated, Meng! The tires are as close as the stock tire sizes when it comes to diameter, circumference, and revs. per mile, keeping everything in line. While it might not matter much to some people, and I get a lot of inquiries about this, the mileage and speedometer readings were what I took into account when upsizing tires. In terms of customization, you and your HREs are top notch. I'll contact you when I visit your neck of the woods. I want to see both the IS F and C63 AMG in person!
Have u thought about adding spacers to the front to make them perfectly flush like the rears?

Definitely welcome to crash at my house with ur wife (or fiancé lol)
Old 09-27-14, 01:01 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by roswell
Have u thought about adding spacers to the front to make them perfectly flush like the rears?

Definitely welcome to crash at my house with ur wife (or fiancé lol)
I've never really considered spacers, considering the mechanical disadvantages versus the visual advantages. I would worry about the stress on the wheel bearings and suspension components more than anything. I like how it sits currently and when I first looked at getting the wheels, I didn't want the fronts completely flush to begin with- obviously with a +35 or +45 offest choice that was offered in this size, I went with the latter.
Old 11-01-14, 12:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

There haven't really been any updates on the F in terms of mod parts, which is a bit of relief for me for the time being so that I can finally get some free time to attend meets and hang with other members.

October 26th was the date- Lexus of Riverside hosted the #FYEAH2014! Lexus Meet, unveiling the NX and RC F to the public. While the NX200t F-sport is on my short list for my next daily, it didn't stop me from getting some time with the USB 2.0 RC F.

Got a chance to meet with some of my IS F friends, RX7 RAGE and quarius. Great company, great cars...not much more could've made this a better meet.

The F performance line. A passing of the torch, if you will. One thing that will never be underestimated is the 5.0L 2UR-GSE engine in both these models.

So much detail with the RC F, but the robust nature of the IS F still looks striking, even after nearly seven years. It has aged well indeed.

Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 RC F - Obsidian IS F - Intensa Blue Pearl IS300 (DLo_IS300)

It was definitely a successful meet. Such a great turnout with food and entertainment, as well as raffle prizes and the opportunity to have a ride in both the NX and RC F. Lexus of Riverside was a fine host location for this meet, and the staff members were so easygoing and engaging with the attendees. Meets like these need to continue- the Lexus community does appreciate all the hard work, effort, and planning that goes into executing something like this.
Old 11-01-14, 02:07 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

nice pics man. im so glad the ISF doesnt look dated yet. looks like a new model car
Old 11-01-14, 09:32 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

haha nice, Dlo is my cousin. Beautiful cars.

There haven't really been any updates on the F in terms of mod parts, which is a bit of relief for me for the time being so that I can finally get some free time to attend meets and hang with other members.

October 26th was the date- Lexus of Riverside hosted the #FYEAH2014! Lexus Meet, unveiling the NX and RC F to the public. While the NX200t F-sport is on my short list for my next daily, it didn't stop me from getting some time with the USB 2.0 RC F.

Got a chance to meet with some of my IS F friends, RX7 RAGE and quarius. Great company, great cars...not much more could've made this a better meet.

The F performance line. A passing of the torch, if you will. One thing that will never be underestimated is the 5.0L 2UR-GSE engine in both these models.

So much detail with the RC F, but the robust nature of the IS F still looks striking, even after nearly seven years. It has aged well indeed.

Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 RC F - Obsidian IS F - Intensa Blue Pearl IS300 (DLo_IS300)

It was definitely a successful meet. Such a great turnout with food and entertainment, as well as raffle prizes and the opportunity to have a ride in both the NX and RC F. Lexus of Riverside was a fine host location for this meet, and the staff members were so easygoing and engaging with the attendees. Meets like these need to continue- the Lexus community does appreciate all the hard work, effort, and planning that goes into executing something like this.
Old 11-01-14, 10:22 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
nice pics man. im so glad the ISF doesnt look dated yet. looks like a new model car
Thanks, my friend! I'm glad with how well it has aged. But then again the 2IS and its structure still looks great to this day. And those quad tips are even more appealing than before. They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they're different from the norm, essentially what the F heritage represents in comparison to its competitors.

Originally Posted by kzlflash
haha nice, Dlo is my cousin. Beautiful cars.
Small world! He's a good friend and a great asset to the community, and I'm glad we got some time to snap some shots.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years