IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-14, 11:39 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Met up with fellow F owner kdm today. Such great dialogue about the IS F, its future, and cars in general. Doing an all Obsidian shoot was something we both had thought about for awhile, and we were finally able to break away from out busy schedules and get some nice shots and some nice runs in while we were at it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12556608583/

It's literally like a before and after of my F in the same pic. Such a huge transformation through the years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12556506035/

He's already thinking of which mods to get for his F. Certainly there isn't anything wrong with a stock F. We discussed how special it was to have such a special car and how one mods to his/her taste.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12556652073/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12556655973/

Just like on Valentine's Day, the moment she unveils that backside...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94534502@N05/12556500405/
Old 02-16-14, 03:58 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting tale...thanks for sharing.
Old 02-27-14, 08:35 PM
LOISF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the pics & stories along with them. Your car is beautiful & I can tell how much you love and appreciate the IS-F. Love it!!
Old 02-27-14, 08:53 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISF001
Interesting tale...thanks for sharing.
You're welcome. Everyone deserves to tell their tale with their Fs.

Originally Posted by LOISF
Love the pics & stories along with them. Your car is beautiful & I can tell how much you love and appreciate the IS-F. Love it!!
Thank you, my dear! I know the wait is unbearable, but soon enough, you'll be connected with your F and you'll be able to get your mod bug itch underway and get that precious time, just you and your ride. A new friend in you means a new shoot!
Old 02-27-14, 09:40 PM
LOISF
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Thank you, my dear! I know the wait is unbearable, but soon enough, you'll be connected with your F and you'll be able to get your mod bug itch underway and get that precious time, just you and your ride. A new friend in you means a new shoot!
Yes it's been unbearable but I'm hanging in there!! Not that long to go now. Can't wait to get our photoshoot time. You'll be the first ISF I have a shoot with. Ken's first buddy will be Ursula. Aww lol.
Old 02-27-14, 10:35 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Yes it's been unbearable but I'm hanging in there!! Not that long to go now. Can't wait to get our photoshoot time. You'll be the first ISF I have a shoot with. Ken's first buddy will be Ursula. Aww lol.
Sweet! I'm always down for a shoot. You pick the locatiton. Knowing your passion for cruising, I know it won't be long before the break-in point for your Ultra While IS F is surpassed.
Old 02-28-14, 09:03 PM
LOISF
Driver

Sweet! I'm always down for a shoot. You pick the locatiton. Knowing your passion for cruising, I know it won't be long before the break-in point for your Ultra While IS F is surpassed.
I'll go with your location picks! I only know places I've taken my 2IS and while I'll still take the F to those places I need new ones for our shoot lol. The F will definitely be broken in pretty quick!
Old 03-01-14, 01:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

I'll go with your location picks! I only know places I've taken my 2IS and while I'll still take the F to those places I need new ones for our shoot lol. The F will definitely be broken in pretty quick!
I must bow before the Duchess . While her IS F will still be new and fresh, her pics with the 2IS never get old. It's great to see that close bond between car and owner. I know you'll enjoy your F as much as you did with this one. And then it'll be your turn to tell your story with your F.

I'm glad you got the specs you wanted, even if it meant waiting a little bit longer. Can't wait to see it in person. I've seen one Ultra White in the inventory lot at the dealer I go to, and the paint pops so much more than the Starfire Pearl it replaced. Couple that with the CF spoiler, it will look really good. I'm jealous of all the '14 IS F owners who got all the nice goodies for this production run.
Old 03-03-14, 12:01 AM
LOISF
Driver

I must bow before the Duchess . While her IS F will still be new and fresh, her pics with the 2IS never get old. It's great to see that close bond between car and owner. I know you'll enjoy your F as much as you did with this one. And then it'll be your turn to tell your story with your F.

I'm glad you got the specs you wanted, even if it meant waiting a little bit longer. Can't wait to see it in person. I've seen one Ultra White in the inventory lot at the dealer I go to, and the paint pops so much more than the Starfire Pearl it replaced. Couple that with the CF spoiler, it will look really good. I'm jealous of all the '14 IS F owners who got all the nice goodies for this production run.
LOL @ bow...no need for formalities

Yeah bond between car & owner is great, and I know a lot of people see that with me. That's why I have a decent following -- its not for my hellastock IS haha. I'll definitely have a story to tell with my ISF and I can't wait .

Waiting was torturous. But yeah its worth it to get what I want. I think I wouldve wanted starfire pearl but its ok - ultra white looks great! I agree too, the CF spoiler looks great on it. Don't be jealous! You can upgrade if you want right lol.
Old 03-03-14, 12:59 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

LOL @ bow...no need for formalities

Yeah bond between car & owner is great, and I know a lot of people see that with me. That's why I have a decent following -- its not for my hellastock IS haha. I'll definitely have a story to tell with my ISF and I can't wait .

Waiting was torturous. But yeah its worth it to get what I want. I think I wouldve wanted starfire pearl but its ok - ultra white looks great! I agree too, the CF spoiler looks great on it. Don't be jealous! You can upgrade if you want right lol.
Starfire Pearl was a nice color, but for a brighter shade of white for Lexus to offer, Ultra White is certainly the right paint finish. There certainly isn't anything wrong with a stock ride, although having been on CL long enough, I know very few remain stock. Looking forward to hearing your story.

But the CF spoiler while it looks great as a stock spoiler option, can't be affixed to my trunk any longer. I had the WALD trunk spoiler custom molded so that'll stay on there. I debated awhile whether or not I wanted to get rid of the stock spoiler, but the combined WALD trunk spoiler and rear diffuser look immediately had me hooked.
Old 04-20-14, 06:13 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Took advantage of a rare weekend away from work, so flipside909 and I got together for some pics and dialogue about the future of Toyota and Lexus products. He's been one of my closest friends since I purchased my IS F back in 2008, and it's just great to see how far we've come since then. He is certainly one of the most knowledgeable minds I know regarding the history of Toyota and Lexus, and it's always great to share my love of this great brand with fellow enthusiasts. Onto the pics...

F heritage from the IS line

Name:  DSC092711_zpscb977141.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  111.5 KB

It's safe to say this won't be the last time my black beauty and I visit with that as our backdrop.

Name:  DSC092951_zps266137ff.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  109.8 KB

No stress whatsoever. Just straight shootin' the breeze...

Name:  DSC092531_zps13b068e4.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  81.2 KB
Old 04-20-14, 06:32 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

woow thanks for the invite.. haha
Old 04-20-14, 10:01 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISFpat
woow thanks for the invite.. haha
haha...It's not even like that. We both were in a meeting and had some free time. Looking forward to the next meet and cruise.
Old 04-21-14, 08:14 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

man the vossens really make the new is's look good.
Old 04-21-14, 04:24 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, I wasn't feeling the Vossens on the 2IS as much, but they look good on this 3IS. They really showcase the lines of the car greatly.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years