Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a pretty build.
Old 05-09-15, 07:15 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
What a pretty build.
Thank you! A lot of time and effort went into finding the right pieces, as I know was the case with yours, too. Seeing yours makes me appreciative of the modded ones I seldom see. Hope to see you around again soon.
Old 05-09-15, 11:59 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Thank you! A lot of time and effort went into finding the right pieces, as I know was the case with yours, too. Seeing yours makes me appreciative of the modded ones I seldom see. Hope to see you around again soon.
See you around the streets of Alhambra!

Old 05-10-15, 12:23 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
See you around the streets of Alhambra!

Definitely! I know of three other IS F guys around the Alhambra area. It'd be nice to get some of the guys in our area together for a mini meet and shoot. One day when the stars align and the cops are busy doing something else haha....
Old 05-10-15, 01:12 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

LOL for sure!
Old 05-10-15, 08:13 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd be down for a mini meet. I've never seen Shadow around Alhambra, although I'm more closer to the Valley Garfield side.
Old 05-10-15, 12:29 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kzlflash
I'd be down for a mini meet. I've never seen Shadow around Alhambra, although I'm more closer to the Valley Garfield side.
I pass by your neck of the woods all the time, Kelvin! There's a nice USB, and I know he's on the forums, but I'm not exactly sure where he roams. When summer begins, we'll get together for a shoot. We still have the Westminister meet, and Kody and I will be thinking up dates for the BBQ soon.
Old 06-05-15, 02:42 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Busy schedules often lead to much needed time off. Luckily, my friend Eric (bakalag) had some free time and decided to visit from the San Diego area. It's always a blast chillin' and hanging out with a good friend. It's nice to have car friends near and far, and for him to make the drive and visit- that's pretty gracious of him considering it is a much different driving style here than down in SD. Onto the pics....

I've always appreciated the 2IS body, and to rarely see one without an aftermarket or factory spoiler makes me love the lines that much more from the rear perspective..

I was asked by a few enthusiasts who I had met at Toyotafest for a side profile shot. Honestly, nothing spectacular. I wanted a nice drop with the ability to adjust if needed. Keeping it with a slight gap still gives it a more aggressive look without worrying about scraping from being too low or rebound issues while driving on less than smooth road surfaces.

Getting high up with a good view of the valley at large was really nice. It wasn't a sunny day, as typical for SoCal, but nevertheless, very enjoyable.

Eric's setup - Five:AD S5:F Gunmetal with Hankook Ventus V12
My setup - Volk Racing G25 Prism Dark Silver with Michelin Pilot Super Sports

While not everyone's taste, I still love how seamless the molding of the WALD trunk spoiler looks. It won't be for everyone, especially given the costs and labor involved, but I couldn't be more satisfied with the results.

Onto the next road less traveled. With summer pretty much right around the corner, and many folks either having more free time or wanting to meet up and see what other Lexus owners are doing to their cars and just gaining more insights on their cars, there have been discussions of more meets and gatherings. I genuinely look forward to seeing more of the CL community.

Happy modding everyone! It's always a great time when others take notice of the work you put into your car, and even more so with an enthusiast. Great hanging out with you, Eric. Time to return the favor, and hopefully some of the LA and OC guys will want to come together so we can invade SD and make it a fun time together (soon).
Old 06-05-15, 11:32 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

That Wald rear though!! drool... Looking good like always Brian. Eric, when are you joining the ISF family.. Can't wait to see both of you guys at the next meet or cruise!! Plan something soon Brian.

-Josh
Old 06-05-15, 02:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
That Wald rear though!! drool... Looking good like always Brian. Eric, when are you joining the ISF family.. Can't wait to see both of you guys at the next meet or cruise!! Plan something soon Brian.

-Josh
You know it, Josh! Definitely looking forward to what you guys have available for the F. The wheels are definitely growing in me and a few other owners, so that might be to work with you on.
Old 06-05-15, 02:58 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

I still got the volks! haha, might possibly get some new wheels in two weeks though... not vmr.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-05-15, 08:50 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by ModInJapan

-Josh
Once my new job stabilizes haha. I'm trying to be as patient as possible =P

Old 06-06-15, 04:38 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bakalag
Once my new job stabilizes haha. I'm trying to be as patient as possible =P
Great shots, Eric. I knew I should've removed the front plate, but you knew where we were. We saw a few cops that have an eye for these things. We'll begin coordinating a meet up date rather soon.
Old 06-28-15, 02:31 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

A rare Friday to just hang out with a good friend presented itself, and so DLo_IS300 (Daniel) and I decided to just chill at a convenient canyon spot. It's fun to just reconnect with an old friend. Having met him way back when at a Lexus meet and catching up on things was definitely a great way to kickstart this last weekend of June. The guy is always there if you ever need a helping hand or wanting to undertake a DIY project. We both have a pursuit in turning our cars to what we want them to be, and know that that pursuit won't ever end, no matter how many new cars come along or offers to sell these rides.

Of course, meeting up with a fellow Lexus enthusiast wouldn't be anything without pics....

There were obvious changes between the 1st gen and 2nd gen IS models.

From the IS F's perspective....

Andf the IS300's side.

Length-wise, the models were still similar, though the rear seating favors the IS300.

A shot of Daniel's Advans.

The night shots are next!
Old 06-28-15, 07:38 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

In the development from the 1IS to the 2IS and the IS F, the rear is what stood out to me the most. I'll admit, I am still a huge fan of the separate primary and secondary tail lights being separated versus the more modernized and uniform look of a tail light. Through its complete model change, the IS continues to be the sporty model among the rest of the Lexus lineup, and with each generation, we can easily see why it has been well received year after year.

The front fascia of the IS300 was iconic for its yellow fog lights, and remains to this day a sought after approach with today's cars. Many IS F guys are still running yellow fog bulbs or the overlay to mimic and in essence pay homage to that particular fashionable look.

And of course, the IS F's front speaks to its aggressive and performance-oriented purpose. One of the final models before Lexus implemented its Spindle Grille look on all of its current models.

And finally, a sweet shot to end our time in the mountains. Can't beat just chillin with an old friend and just enjoying each other's company. To me, this is what any automotive forum is all about- getting beyond the computer screen and actually connecting with like-minded individuals who share the same passion for cars or anything really.

On occasion, I will try to gather some members together for local meets, photoshoots, or just to hang out and get to know more people within the Lexus community. I've been messaged here, fb, and IG about new owners who want to meet up and may be a bit on the shy side, so if anyone is interested in meeting up, the opportunity is always there with myself and many local members here. As always, it's never about what mods you have or whether you cleaned your car or not. It's not a car meet or an opportunity for your car to be judged; we're all here to just have a fun time and to get to know more about the brand and each other's cars.

Last edited by bnizzle87; 06-29-15 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years