IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

It might be time for my ISF to go.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-13, 08:51 PM
bradhop15
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It might be time for my ISF to go.

Well the wife and I are thinking about having a second kid and the ISF isn't the roomiest for a family of 4. I'm actually thinking about buying the 2014 GX. What do you guys think my ISF is realistically worth? It's a 2008 SGM with 75k miles. If I sell it I know I will miss it. It has been the best car.
Old 10-19-13, 09:24 PM
Titten
Driver

An is-f not big enough for two adults and two kids? Good grief. On second thought, do get the GX. It's a good truck, and it's good for the economy.
Old 10-19-13, 09:32 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

i have a gx and a isf and i love the both but i prefer taking the isf out more lol
Old 10-19-13, 09:33 PM
bradhop15
Driver

Originally Posted by Titten
An is-f not big enough for two adults and two kids? Good grief. On second thought, do get the GX. It's a good truck, and it's good for the economy.
The problem is fitting those rear facing car seats and then everything in the trunk also. All these big strollers and stuff now days. I'm 6 foot tall and I always move my seat up for people behind me. Even my 5 year olds feet are always against the seat.
Old 10-19-13, 09:35 PM
bradhop15
Driver

Originally Posted by thekhmer
i have a gx and a isf and i love the both but i prefer taking the isf out more lol
Oh I bet you do. The ISF is definitely the more fun car to drive, but I also have a 67 Mustang so I wont lose my v8 car with rear wheel drive that way.
Old 10-19-13, 09:40 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

The GX is a great all around vehicle for a family. I like the roominess and comfort. It sits higher up than the RX, which I don't really prefer coming from the IS F myself, but it'll be something that you might have to get used to for the sake of family trips. It's hard to say what to expect in terms of a price should you decide to sell. The market isn't full of Fs, which make their resale value a bit higher. I've seen 08s with similar mileage to yours sold privately for 30-35k. KBB has an 08 IS F between 29-33k private party sale. But I will say this, it will be hard to part with the F. A great all around performance sedan that most of us have had great times in. Some have regretted moving on from the F, only to come back with another one. Personally, there is only one reason why I would ever part with my F, and it would be for family, so I can completely understand your dilemma currently.

Best of luck and congrats with the new addition to your family!
Old 10-19-13, 09:51 PM
bradhop15
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
The GX is a great all around vehicle for a family. I like the roominess and comfort. It sits higher up than the RX, which I don't really prefer coming from the IS F myself, but it'll be something that you might have to get used to for the sake of family trips. It's hard to say what to expect in terms of a price should you decide to sell. The market isn't full of Fs, which make their resale value a bit higher. I've seen 08s with similar mileage to yours sold privately for 30-35k. KBB has an 08 IS F between 29-33k private party sale. But I will say this, it will be hard to part with the F. A great all around performance sedan that most of us have had great times in. Some have regretted moving on from the F, only to come back with another one. Personally, there is only one reason why I would ever part with my F, and it would be for family, so I can completely understand your dilemma currently.

Best of luck and congrats with the new addition to your family!
Thanks for the info. If I sold my F just for the sake of getting a new car, I am sure I would be right back into another F. I will miss it. It has been an awesome unique car.
Old 10-19-13, 09:53 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fitting the rear facing carseat in for my 4 month old is a real PITA! I feel you bro. The 2014 GX is a real beauty though, that i have to admit. GL with your decision bro
Old 10-19-13, 10:01 PM
bradhop15
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Fitting the rear facing carseat in for my 4 month old is a real PITA! I feel you bro. The 2014 GX is a real beauty though, that i have to admit. GL with your decision bro
Thanks. I originally bought the ISF after my daughter was in a booster seat because I knew it wouldn't be fun or comfortable with the regular car seats.
Old 10-20-13, 12:41 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Brad boy, keep the F man , u can always get the rx400h for family and the wife lolz. No regret !!!!
Old 10-20-13, 07:10 AM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I've seen 08s with similar mileage to yours sold privately for 30-35k.
You've seen documented sales at this price point or just quoting some "list" prices seen on the internet?
Old 10-20-13, 08:45 AM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

just keep it. At this point, it's probably only losing 2-3K/year. Just get a cheaper family SUV. I was one of those guys that regretted selling it. I rebought the one I traded in LOL. Get a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Much cheaper than a GX and you can keep the F.

Now, that's assuming you guys can have two cars... If you are limited to ONE car, then I suppose you have no choice.
Old 10-20-13, 08:52 AM
sportpop
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile 2008 ISF Value

Originally Posted by bradhop15
Well the wife and I are thinking about having a second kid and the ISF isn't the roomiest for a family of 4. I'm actually thinking about buying the 2014 GX. What do you guys think my ISF is realistically worth? It's a 2008 SGM with 75k miles. If I sell it I know I will miss it. It has been the best car.
My son sold his 08 ISF a few months ago and it had 51,000 miles on it and was in good shape. He shopped it around, checked e-bay and finally sold it for $33,500. On trade, you will be lucky to get $29,000 with 75K on it. Sportpop
Old 10-20-13, 08:59 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I too say keep it. I can't imagine going from an F to an SUV. I've heard only great things about the three row Hyundai SantaFe. If you can live with the less luxurious interior I say go that route. Plus you get to keep the F.
Old 10-20-13, 11:00 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

I heard the KIA SUVs are hard to beat for the $, realistically id say your looking at high 20s and low 30s for trade if you go to Lexus and buy a new GX. Reason being it will be easier for them to sell the ISF than another dealer. My brother got his best offers on trade for his CTSV at Caddy and one of my employees was able to pick up a Scion FRS for cheap from a VW dealer in a retiree suburb (Car is too small and too low for older people...most older people). From the above its easy to figure out that if you go to a dealer that has the market that will buy an F you will get a better deal. Perfect scenario for you would be to go to a Lexus dealership that has not been able to move many GXs (maybe even has one that was oddly traded in) and does well selling the 2IS and ISF. Of course this is all assuming you trade in which is the easy way, if you sell PP you can expect to get 3-4k more for your "troubles".

Quick Reply: It might be time for my ISF to go.