IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky headers - "Left Turn Rattle" club

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-13, 10:16 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for posting the pics. I hope Sikky does what is right with our sets. I am really frustrated by these findings as I believe I have exactly the same issues.
Old 10-29-13, 08:41 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Well, first, no there was not a design flaw. As I stated in the post above, the design has remained 100% the same since day 1. All that has changed is the process in which we confirm the tolerances. It's a much more error proof method than a jig setup. 95% of the time a jig would be fine for headers but we've seen the clearances are just so tight on the ISF we need to make sure it's dead on accurate.

With that being said we in fact warranty all our headers for manufacturing defects (like being out of tolerance). We need the defective one sent back and a replacement can be issued. Email me at sales@sikky.com to set something up if needed and I can go over the details. We'll always stand behind our products and would never leave the customer high and dry!
Sikky, what all falls under your "manufacturing defects" definition? As evidenced by the pictures, these headers were clearly not coated properly and have begun to flake and rust already, so I'd like to know if this falls under that category. I mean, at some point in the very near future, I'm going to have to pay to have the headers removed, properly treated, and then reinstalled. Labor alone is going to well exceed the cost of a new set.

Essentially, I'd like to know two things:
1. Is the polished aluminum ceramic coating (that's stated on your website now) the same coating that is on my original rusting headers?
2. If not, would you guys be willing to replace mine with the new and hopefully improved set?
Old 10-29-13, 12:06 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Sikky, what all falls under your "manufacturing defects" definition? As evidenced by the pictures, these headers were clearly not coated properly and have begun to flake and rust already, so I'd like to know if this falls under that category. I mean, at some point in the very near future, I'm going to have to pay to have the headers removed, properly treated, and then reinstalled. Labor alone is going to well exceed the cost of a new set.

1. Is the polished aluminum ceramic coating (that's stated on your website now) the same coating that is on my original rusting headers?
2. If not, would you guys be willing to replace mine with the new and hopefully improved set?
Sorry to hear that you are facing this dilemma. I'd be scared to purchase a set of SIKKY headers now.

Your best bet is to call them and speak with them directly for a faster response....

Let us know how it works out
Old 10-31-13, 10:16 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast

Definitely shoot me an email, sales@sikky.com and we can get this ball rolling. I will say I have never seen our headers rust like the before, I'm shocked. But I'll gladly help you out and see what's the next step. That is the same coating we have always used, which I'll have to get the warranty specifics on since I've never done this before. Like I said send me an email so we can sort through it all. Thanks!
Old 11-01-13, 05:08 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Definitely shoot me an email, sales@sikky.com and we can get this ball rolling. I will say I have never seen our headers rust like the before, I'm shocked. But I'll gladly help you out and see what's the next step. That is the same coating we have always used, which I'll have to get the warranty specifics on since I've never done this before. Like I said send me an email so we can sort through it all. Thanks!
Just sent email.

Hopefully we can get this worked out.
Old 11-04-13, 05:13 AM
elowderm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that's not good!
Old 11-12-13, 01:02 PM
VegasISF
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the late update...

So i received and installed the replacement passenger side header from Sikky and the "left turn rattle" is gone! What ever they did they managed to fix it. I've posted some pics of the first header i removed so you can see where it was rubbing and also the work we did to try and remedy the problem. I hope this helps some of you guys out.

Thank you Sikky! Your costumer service was excellent throughout the entire process!

here is the original and replacement header side by side (replacement on left, original on right)

Old 11-12-13, 02:12 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great news!! Sikky glad you fixed this.. I will be contacting you in the next few day!!
Old 11-12-13, 02:24 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

That's not just rubbing its dented in lol
Old 11-13-13, 12:43 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasISF
Sorry for the late update...

So i received and installed the replacement passenger side header from Sikky and the "left turn rattle" is gone! What ever they did they managed to fix it. I've posted some pics of the first header i removed so you can see where it was rubbing and also the work we did to try and remedy the problem. I hope this helps some of you guys out.

Thank you Sikky! Your costumer service was excellent throughout the entire process!

here is the original and replacement header side by side (replacement on left, original on right)

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Glad we could help you out

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
Great news!! Sikky glad you fixed this.. I will be contacting you in the next few day!!
I believe we may have spoke on the phone last night, but if that wasn't you then definitely reach out to us. We're working to get the warranty replacements setup for those who need. Thanks!
Old 11-13-13, 12:50 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^^very happy to hear this also sikky. I will be contacting you as well next week.
Old 11-13-13, 11:28 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice customer service Sikky , at least you guys stick to your words unlike other companies out there.
Old 11-14-13, 06:00 AM
VegasISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thekhmer
That's not just rubbing its dented in lol
the dent is from trying to create more clearance with a prybar so that it wouldn't rub.
Old 11-14-13, 08:49 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant wait to do headers, did them on my SC430 a week or so ago and its awesome.