IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky vs PPE Header Comparison with Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-13, 06:56 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sikky vs PPE Header Comparison with Results

This isn't your typical Sikky vs. PPE header thread. I switched from Sikky headers to PPE headers and all I can say is I feel more response/power with the PPE headers and they looked A LOT better.
We did have an issue with the CEL P0607 and P0138 kept popping up we were puzzled. The next day after 6 hours of double checking the module and the connections Ryan found out that two of the pins in the o2 harness extension were reversed. After we flipped them I still had a few CELs pop up but then they all went away on my drive around the block. So if you run into this issue make sure the o2 harness extension is wired correctly!
Modifications were the same before and after the install except for the headers. Only notable power modifications are Sikky/PPE headers and a Borla Exhaust with the cats and resonator removed. All runs were done in with sport mode and in 6th . The Mustang dyno was clearly having some issues when we ran the post install setup with PPEs as we saw gains of up to ~170whp. Rob (owner of Vivid Racing) was surprised with even the output on Sikky headers as it performed better than his C63 . They re-calibrated the dyno and it still consistently ran ~500whp. I am going back again once they have someone take a look at the dyno. So stay tuned for more accurate results!

UPDATE: Results have been posted and are accurate. Now you can see the power and quality difference when tested on the same car, conditions, mods and etc.

Relevant info.
Elevation 1237ft

Sikky
Temp: 87
381whp/352wtq

PPE
Temp: 84
397whp/365wtq

PPEs have a gain of 16whp/13wtq

OLD Chart

My ISF had some good company

Some extra stuff around the shop. 2013 Viper, RB30 GTR

Last edited by LOLM3; 10-18-13 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Updated accurate info.
Old 10-16-13, 07:41 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

If I have to do it again, I will choose PPE. My Sikky headers still has the annoying left turn rattle. But am moving on to a different car.
Old 10-16-13, 07:41 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome! Having had a set of PPE headers I can attest to their genuine quality and fitment. Nothing but the best!
Old 10-16-13, 08:20 PM
VegasISF
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same "left turn rattle" as described by everyone else. I reached out to Sikky and they were extremely accommodating. Not only did they send me a new (and supposedly approved) passenger side header, they also sent me their sway bar for the extra labor for the switch. They stayed in touch with me throughout the whole process as well. i am having the updated passenger side header installed tomorrow morning. I will post an update as soon as it's in. Hopefully i'm not disappointed again.
Old 10-16-13, 08:23 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasISF
I am having the same "left turn rattle" as described by everyone else. I reached out to Sikky and they were extremely accommodating. Not only did they send me a new (and supposedly approved) passenger side header, they also sent me their sway bar for the extra labor for the switch. They stayed in touch with me throughout the whole process as well. i am having the updated passenger side header installed tomorrow morning. I will post an update as soon as it's in. Hopefully i'm not disappointed again.
Keep us posted on this. Thanks Vegas.
Old 10-16-13, 08:55 PM
kteng7
Driver

very helpful info, makes me wanna get one now!
Old 10-16-13, 09:07 PM
Polkman
Driver

Well thanks for making me want PPEs now.. Lol oh well, can't wait to get those sikkys on.
Old 10-16-13, 09:11 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

The Lexus ISF: the only car where adding headers w/no tune yields over 100 whp
Old 10-16-13, 09:36 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDMV8
The Lexus ISF: the only car where adding headers w/no tune yields over 100 whp
Haha if you look at the chart the lines cross at ~5252 so you can tell I didn't pull any trickery with the numbers. So I am still puzzled about the high readings

Originally Posted by Polkman
Well thanks for making me want PPEs now.. Lol oh well, can't wait to get those sikkys on.
Haha, used headers hold their value if you have the urge resell them to recoup your cost haha and make the switch to PPEs.

Originally Posted by VegasISF
Luckily I did not have this issue with mine. I did have some rattle but it turned out one of the motor mount bolts weren't torqued all the way down.

Last edited by LOLM3; 10-16-13 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-17-13, 12:54 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

damn i want ppes so bad!
Old 10-17-13, 04:47 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Nice! But lol @ almost 500whp. Definitely post up when the dyno gets fixed. Gains should be very similar to Sikky.
Old 10-17-13, 05:23 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

this post is a joke ... you FEEL more response from changing headers that on dozens of dynos from mult members have not yielded more than 5 whp apart from Sikky header up or down, the headers have very similar results. Which you can not feel in your butt and that dyno is clearly busted.
Old 10-17-13, 05:45 AM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Cant wait to join the PPE club. Nice car men!
Old 10-17-13, 07:43 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those numbers seem super inflated, and BTW PPE Headers are a nice product. Nice Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R.
Old 10-17-13, 08:46 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice. My Ppe headers get delivered on Monday. I'm so glad I went with them over the sikky.

Quick Reply: Sikky vs PPE Header Comparison with Results