IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

lexus tuned super charger and greddy exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 06:44 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default lexus tuned super charger and greddy exhaust?

Anyone know anything about these?

Old 10-14-13, 07:04 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

The supercharger project has been abandoned a while ago...
I think that IG account posts random things the poster finds online
Old 10-14-13, 07:46 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 10-14-13, 08:11 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ LOL at the last post.

I dont think the supercharger made it to production and the exhaust has been discontinued for quite some time. There was someone talking awhile back about Greddy making another exhaust just not full Titanium. I wonder what happened with that? I rather wait to see whe PPE has up their sleeves.
Old 10-15-13, 08:09 AM
ihadboost
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember seeing that a while ago. Too bad too - even if it did make it to production, our ECU's can't be tuned anyway.
Old 12-12-13, 04:38 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Back from the dead - Does anyone know anything about the Greddy mp92 supercharger pictured above? I know it was on the 0-60 magazine IS-F but what was its original planned usage (aside from SEMA)? I can only find pics of their car idling and nothing around expectations, pass/fail, etc. Just curious what power this was hoped to put out or really ANY information around it.
Old 12-12-13, 05:16 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It was a prototype and wasn't put into production
Old 12-12-13, 05:19 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikellucci
Back from the dead - Does anyone know anything about the Greddy mp92 supercharger pictured above? I know it was on the 0-60 magazine IS-F but what was its original planned usage (aside from SEMA)? I can only find pics of their car idling and nothing around expectations, pass/fail, etc. Just curious what power this was hoped to put out or really ANY information around it.
Lol they couldn't get the supercharger tuned so the project was abandoned. If anyone can tune Toyota ECU; with a supercharger, I would expect an easy 550whp. Maybe even 600whp. The only problem is that Toyota ECU is so damn hard to crack at this moment.
Old 12-12-13, 05:19 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by thekhmer
It was a prototype and wasn't put into production
Yeah, got that. Any info on what it was supposed to accomplish in terms of PSI, etc?

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Lol they couldn't get the supercharger tuned so the project was abandoned. If anyone can tune Toyota ECU; with a supercharger, I would expect an easy 550whp. Maybe even 600whp. The only problem is that Toyota ECU is so damn hard to crack at this moment.
Yes, we all know that as well...don't think it will ever be cracked in the states.
I don't understand why all 2urgse owners are afraid to let the amazing ECU tune the car up to 5-7psi though? I've been boosted on my IS350 making 372whp at 7psi with the stock ecu handling everything perfectly. I've done countless datalogs, dynos, etc. Without derailing my question I just don't get why people don't think the stock ISF ecu can run the car on 5lbs of boost.
With that said I would be looking to run the mp92 on the stock ecu at 5lbs to see if it can be done. Yes, I have the opportunity to purchase the blower and custom manifold.....

Last edited by mikellucci; 12-12-13 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-12-13, 05:46 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I think this looks a whole lot more interesting. Unfortunately, they've removed the direct injection...maybe that's how they can tune it with a conventional ECM.
Lotus Chief Technical Officer, Wolf Zimmermann, says this engine can reach up to 630 HP at 9.400 rpm and 424 lb-ft of torque Between 5.500 and 6.000 rpm.
http://mono-cars.blogspot.com/2012/0...prit-2014.html

Old 12-12-13, 05:54 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I think this looks a whole lot more interesting. Unfortunately, they've removed the direct injection...maybe that's how they can tune it with a conventional ECM.

http://mono-cars.blogspot.com/2012/0...prit-2014.html

Absolutely! But I've got the greddy mp92 with custom manifold a click away with paypal. Details are foggy at best but I see one giant injector just past the throttle body. Its no wonder they couldn't "tune" it if they were dumping additional fuel with reckless abandon. I would think the stock fuel system is capable of 5psi without additional fueling...I'd actually be willing to bet after all the toying on my IS350 I've done comparatively.

Old 12-12-13, 05:55 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wo wo wo... That blower bolts on to an F motor and does 9 k???
Old 12-12-13, 06:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by mikellucci
Absolutely! But I've got the greddy mp92 with custom manifold a click away with paypal. Details are foggy at best but I see one giant injector just past the throttle body. Its no wonder they couldn't "tune" it if they were dumping additional fuel with reckless abandon. I would think the stock fuel system is capable of 5psi without additional fueling...I'd actually be willing to bet after all the toying on my IS350 I've done comparatively.

That's going to be a serious project...post up if you get it, I know we'd all be curious to see what it will do.

I agree, 5 psi should be fairly safe, and if you look at the 2UR, it's really a 2GR with two more cylinders from a purely mechanical perspective, but the 2GR has better specific output despite having essentially the same configuration on a per cylinder basis. It has always made me wonder what Lexus did to slightly detune the 2UR.
Old 12-12-13, 06:16 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^ If this is the case why wont a modified tundra supercharger work at 5 psi?
Old 12-12-13, 06:27 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That's going to be a serious project...post up if you get it, I know we'd all be curious to see what it will do.

I agree, 5 psi should be fairly safe, and if you look at the 2UR, it's really a 2GR with two more cylinders from a purely mechanical perspective, but the 2GR has better specific output despite having essentially the same configuration on a per cylinder basis. It has always made me wonder what Lexus did to slightly detune the 2UR.
If I don't get it I want one of you to! I had planned to lightly boost the 2urgse as a phase 2 approach with my current project but I may not be able to pass up the Greddy. However, I planned on reproducing an icode bracket and utilizing a Rotrex which I'm experience with... damn this

Quick Reply: lexus tuned super charger and greddy exhaust?