IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Installation instructions for Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 06:38 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Question Installation instructions for Headers

Hi guys, bare with me, I know there's a ton of info on installing headers here and on the internet in general.

BUT I need to make sure I have everything correct before handing my car for installation.

I'm planning to install my PPE headers within the coming month and wanted to make sure I give my installer an idiot proof step by step guide on installation.

Now the best PDF I've found for header installation is for Sikky's headers. Pictures are much clearer and instructions that go along with it are easy to understand. (http://www.sikky.com/images/pdf/1299...structions.pdf)

PPE PDF: (http://www.ppeengineering.com/siteas...%20install.pdf)

I'll be doing my own mix of installation steps for the installer to follow but wanted to find out if the below two steps are also required for the PPE header installation (as both Sikky and PPE headers differ).

Now I know there is no need for engine oil stick being re-located on the new version PPE headers so I am keeping that out of the instructions.

But nothing is mentioned on PPE's pdf installation on the below two steps:

Firstly, do I need to remove the rubber on top of the engine mounts as pictured below for PPE headers? or do the headers clear without removal of the rubber on the mount?:

Secondly, do I need to remove the 10mm damper from motor mounts below for PEE headers?

Old 09-30-13, 08:55 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you that Speed Element removed both of those for my header install. With that said I am not sure the reasoning other than for clearance.
Old 09-30-13, 09:09 AM
Defratos
Racer

Thanks for the reply, and I'm guessing you've got PPE headers installed?
Old 09-30-13, 09:41 AM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Usually when we install our headers, we removed the mount completely by removing the 4 bolts to the block. After the headers are installed, the motor mount goes back in without removing the rubber insulator or dampner.

The only part that needs to come off the car other than the factory manifolds is the small bracket that holds the O2 sensor wires on the driver's side. The wiring extensions also need to be routed away from the header tubes and behind the heatshield.

Originally Posted by Defratos
Hi guys, bare with me, I know there's a ton of info on installing headers here and on the internet in general.

BUT I need to make sure I have everything correct before handing my car for installation.

I'm planning to install my PPE headers within the coming month and wanted to make sure I give my installer an idiot proof step by step guide on installation.

Now the best PDF I've found for header installation is for Sikky's headers. Pictures are much clearer and instructions that go along with it are easy to understand. (http://www.sikky.com/images/pdf/1299...structions.pdf)

PPE PDF: (http://www.ppeengineering.com/siteas...%20install.pdf)

I'll be doing my own mix of installation steps for the installer to follow but wanted to find out if the below two steps are also required for the PPE header installation (as both Sikky and PPE headers differ).

Now I know there is no need for engine oil stick being re-located on the new version PPE headers so I am keeping that out of the instructions.

But nothing is mentioned on PPE's pdf installation on the below two steps:

Firstly, do I need to remove the rubber on top of the engine mounts as pictured below for PPE headers? or do the headers clear without removal of the rubber on the mount?:

Secondly, do I need to remove the 10mm damper from motor mounts below for PEE headers?

Old 09-30-13, 01:46 PM
Defratos
Racer

Hey thanks for the feedback PPE man, appreciated