Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Joez u r over due on these headers , get it now !!! lolz
Old 09-17-13, 09:28 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Many of us Live in "California Dreaming"...
Its ONLY illegal if you get caught...
But seriously, if I were to do headers I would install a set of CATs on my X-Pipe...
No way I would go 100% catless... Gotta save the environment for our kids..
~ Joe Z
Yeah, I would put a set of RandomTechnology hi-flow cats on the X-pipe, for the kids outthere
but also to reduce the raspiness of the catless system. Making it less loud and sounding more exotic IMO.

I am just scared of not passing the sniffer. (not worried about the visual)
Old 09-17-13, 10:16 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

group bizzle my nizzle.
Old 09-17-13, 10:18 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
Yeah, I would put a set of RandomTechnology hi-flow cats on the X-pipe, for the kids outthere
but also to reduce the raspiness of the catless system. Making it less loud and sounding more exotic IMO.

I am just scared of not passing the sniffer. (not worried about the visual)
Thats the one thing thats holding me back on this purchase as well...
Old 09-17-13, 10:33 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Has anyone measured the gains from the PPE headers with cats vs without cats? Obvious it would be less, but how much less?

Like a few of you other guys, if I were to get headers, I'd run them with cats installed. I've been of the general impression that having cats installed take away much of the gains, and therefore it wouldn't really be worth the money, which is why I don't have headers.
Old 09-17-13, 10:41 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

7- Reasons to Buy, called Figs on a Tuesday they were on my doorstep by Friday. They look beautiful in person.
Old 09-17-13, 10:44 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Thumbs up for figgs. Got my brake pads and headers in a heartbeat. Great recommendation, my brakes don't squeal and the pads feel amazing!!! Thanks Figgs +1 for A++ service and fast delivery. Getting my smog this week here in CA. Ill let you guys know how it goes
Old 09-17-13, 10:47 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by vbb
Has anyone measured the gains from the PPE headers with cats vs without cats? Obvious it would be less, but how much less?

Like a few of you other guys, if I were to get headers, I'd run them with cats installed. I've been of the general impression that having cats installed take away much of the gains, and therefore it wouldn't really be worth the money, which is why I don't have headers.
The power is not gained just from deleting the CATs....

The header design FLOWS way better than the OEM manifolds..

Same goes for the exhaust systems...
Pipes designed & bent for proper flow will work better than perse the oem tubing that varies in size in several locations and also goes from 2-1-2 design. (with a crushed Y area as well)

~ Joe Z
Old 09-17-13, 11:06 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Here you go....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...flow-cats.html
Old 09-17-13, 11:11 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for JoeZ to chop up his exhaust and show us how it's done! PPE / JoeZ combo.
Would you put the cats where the straight section is just in front of the x-pipe?

5 More Reasons to go with PPE headers-image-409612649.jpg
Old 09-17-13, 12:11 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The power is not gained just from deleting the CATs....

The header design FLOWS way better than the OEM manifolds..
Oh, I know this. I wasn't saying the headers didn't increase HP too. My question was how much are the HP gains from the PPE headers diminished if someone runs cats instead of catless. If the headers are a proven +35whp on an otherwise stock ISF, are we looking at +30whp with headers and cats, or only say a +15hp gain?

Originally Posted by Rossi
If this is also true for cars running headers, that's impressive. These are the first high flow cats I've ever seen that apparently don't cause any drop in HP at all. Can that possibly be correct?
Old 09-17-13, 12:37 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

in stock set is sold.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 09-17-13, 06:00 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Oh, I know this. I wasn't saying the headers didn't increase HP too. My question was how much are the HP gains from the PPE headers diminished if someone runs cats instead of catless. If the headers are a proven +35whp on an otherwise stock ISF, are we looking at +30whp with headers and cats, or only say a +15hp gain?

If this is also true for cars running headers, that's impressive. These are the first high flow cats I've ever seen that apparently don't cause any drop in HP at all. Can that possibly be correct?
Its correct. Those are my results when I had the cats installed on my previous JoeZ exhaust to quiet it down. Story below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-13.html
Old 09-17-13, 06:55 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb

Yes, I have. My F has PPE headers, Magnaflow Hi flow cats and a fabricated full dual exhaust utilizing an "X" pipe, glass pack resonators and modified stock mufflers. My friend's F has PPE headers, JoeZ exhaust, and no cats. I have a Takeda Intake, he has an Injen.

I'm the Green curve, he's the Blue.

Both runs were done on the same day, back to back.

Aslo enclosing various pics of my fabricated exhaust system.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails 5 More Reasons to go with PPE headers-louvsjose2-1s.jpg   5 More Reasons to go with PPE headers-cat2s.jpg   5 More Reasons to go with PPE headers-exhaust5s.jpg   5 More Reasons to go with PPE headers-exhaust6s.jpg  
Old 09-18-13, 08:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I've seen plenty of exhausts with cats installed where there was no power loss. It's a matter of getting it all done right. Random used to brag about their zero power loss systems. It can be done.

Quick Reply: 5 More Reasons to go with PPE headers