IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Dash Mod - traded ash tray for....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-13, 10:45 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Dash Mod - traded ash tray for....

The last few days, this is what i have been working on.

Custom pods for the SMD VM-1 (Volt meter), the new OM-1 (Output Meter) and the new TM-1 (Temperature Sensor / Fan output controller). If you want to see entire playlist of the sound system install, click here http://www.youtube.com/meade916

PasMag (Performance Auto & Sound) is going to shoot my car for December's issue so i had to get this done. Anyway, for those that wanted to see how i did it, here it is.

edit: code is screwed up please scroll down a few posts.

Last edited by meade916; 09-07-13 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-06-13, 11:21 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Steve the picture links should be:

[IMG] image link [/IMG]

Looks good love your custom work on the F so far, I been following all your videos.
Old 09-07-13, 01:34 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

pics don't work
Old 09-07-13, 05:06 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up I got you bro

Originally Posted by meade916
The last few days, this is what i have been working on.

Custom pods for the SMD VM-1 (Volt meter), the new OM-1 (Output Meter) and the new TM-1 (Temperature Sensor / Fan output controller). If you want to see entire playlist of the sound system install, click here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-in-trunk.html

PasMag (Performance Auto & Sound) is going to shoot my car for December's issue so i had to get this done. Anyway, for those that wanted to see how i did it, here it is.

Made a little "trough" so i could get a flat spot at the bottom of the circle. *

Fill it in, scrape it flat. *Pop the frame off - and bam, i got what i was looking for.
Now time to sand.

Hope you don't mind I fixed it for you bro. Amazing work as always and cant wait to see the installed pics!
Old 09-07-13, 05:41 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Ohhh interesting, sub'd
Old 09-07-13, 07:45 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by revolut1on
Steve the picture links should be:

[IMG] image link [/IMG]

Looks good love your custom work on the F so far, I been following all your videos.
i know bro....trust me! but for some reason, they changed on me when i hit enter. Heck, i don't even know how this got posted again. I only tried once then when i saw they were messed up, i deleted it all and asked a mod to delete the thread itself. I went to bed and didn't try again. So seeing this here is kinda weird LOL - but now i see someone took the time to fix it, ill try again. Thanks man!
Old 09-07-13, 07:51 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Old 09-07-13, 07:55 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

when hooking up the TM-1 to my cooling fan system for the amp rack, all i had to do was pull this "motherboard" out that i made when i did the original install. Everything was easy to find and i had it hooked up in a matter of minutes. All i had to do was move a jumper wire, bypass the original on/off switch, and hook the fans up to the new unit. Planning ahead FTW! (there is 8 fans, 4 pulling air in, 4 pushing air out - in case you didn't know)

for those that don't know - this is what is in the trunk...so you know the reason why i even did what i did with the LED meters up front

Last edited by meade916; 09-07-13 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-07-13, 08:05 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

if anyone wants to see it in action - check out this video

Old 09-07-13, 08:11 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

FYI: this is what the TM-1 (on the far right) does. I know many of you guys won't be interested in this stuff yourself, but i am deep in the car audio world so this is the shiznit to me! Amp rack cooling fan controllers are something i always want and need.

Old 09-07-13, 08:15 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Hope you don't mind I fixed it for you bro. Amazing work as always and cant wait to see the installed pics!
dude, not at all! Thank you man!
Old 09-07-13, 09:21 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Great work my friend. I'll admit- I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to electronics and wiring, but to see the work and effort you put in- that I can surely commend. You definitely made it a nice flowing piece within the center console. Looking forward to the PAS issue!
Old 09-07-13, 09:24 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

you got some mad skills.. awesome work.. always amaze when i see your work.
Old 09-07-13, 10:50 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Nice work I have seen your videos on YouTube a few times. Have u ever thought about making a video of installing the video and nav bypass. Just curious since obviously car audio and video is what u specialize in. It would cool to have someone do an install video and explain oh it works. Just a thought...
Old 09-07-13, 10:56 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Great work my friend. I'll admit- I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to electronics and wiring, but to see the work and effort you put in- that I can surely commend. You definitely made it a nice flowing piece within the center console. Looking forward to the PAS issue!
right on man TY

Originally Posted by obby
you got some mad skills.. awesome work.. always amaze when i see your work.
thanks Obby!

Originally Posted by Frank1298
Nice work I have seen your videos on YouTube a few times. Have u ever thought about making a video of installing the video and nav bypass. Just curious since obviously car audio and video is what u specialize in. It would cool to have someone do an install video and explain oh it works. Just a thought...

i thought about it but really, i don't think i even own a DVD.....so i haven't been in a hurry. That's what the nav-bypass is right? allows you to watch dvd's while the car is moving? I really use my factory deck to listen to the comedy channel, or Stern but when it comes to music, i use my Ipad Mini. It sounds better.

Quick Reply: Lexus Dash Mod - traded ash tray for....