IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Which Yellow Fog Light Bulbs?
Hoen Endurance
9.68%
Putco Jet Yellow
38.71%
Nokya Hyper Yellow
35.48%
Osram Fog Breaker
16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Yellow Fog Light Bulbs or Lamin-X Yellow Vinyl?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-13, 10:39 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
I wouldn't get yellow vinyl just because it'll protect your fogs.. our fog lens is fairly strong and I'd say a good 90% or more of us doesn't have vinyl and never had any issues with our fog light lens ever cracking.
+1

protects those fogs from rocks
Old 08-26-13, 12:53 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't get yellow vinyl just because it'll protect your fogs.. our fog lens is fairly strong and I'd say a good 90% or more of us doesn't have vinyl and never had any issues with our fog light lens ever cracking.
unless you can guarantee his fogs won't crack, what is your point if i may kindly ask? quit being lazy with your recs.

i'm not for the yellow fog lights (what's the point, it looks horrible anyways), but if it protects the lens from that off chance there's a big enough rock thrown at it, then why not kill two birds with one stone pun intended - no brainer.

i personally have 3m film on mine which came with the front end protection kit which goes on all my cars along with clearplex on the windshield as i like OEM/factory install for that og seal feel.
Old 08-26-13, 01:27 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had yellow Aerotect film on my fogs (They dont make them anymore) but took them off recently to change up the look of my car.

I loved how they A. Added protection from rocks and B. Made the fogs look good and different when the fogs weren't on.

I doubled up and had that and Putco jet yellow fog bulbs as well and people told me they loved the look.

I say get both bulbs and the overlay so they look yellow without them being on if the JDM yellow look is what you're wanting.

Cheap mods so if you don't like them you can always take them off.
Old 08-26-13, 01:53 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

No one said anything about cracking. I am talking about the plastic lens turning yellow like you see on older cars or just normal wear and tear. Sure you can polish it, but this makes my life a bit easier. Also, it does protect from rock chips as well. Don't believe me? Look at your windshield or mine. Its sandblasted. Our fogs are made of glass as well and it will chip. I had a rock hit one of my fogs pretty hard and all it did was leave a mark on the tint. All I had to do was replace the tint instead of something that could be worst.
Old 08-26-13, 02:17 PM
vegita40
Driver School Candidate

I am also a big fan of yellow overlays. I had them on my black 350 (recently removed to change the look) and now I have them on my F. It's easy enough to remove them if you don't like the look. I ordered the yellow roll from ebay and just cut out the shape of fogs.

Here's a pic! (sorry currently doing renos)

Old 08-26-13, 02:32 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by "that boy"
I don't want to go with HID, but considering bulbs... I did however see a few with the yellow vinyl and liked the idea plus it will protect it from any road debris
Originally Posted by ROK
unless you can guarantee his fogs won't crack, what is your point if i may kindly ask? quit being lazy with your recs.

i'm not for the yellow fog lights (what's the point, it looks horrible anyways), but if it protects the lens from that off chance there's a big enough rock thrown at it, then why not kill two birds with one stone pun intended - no brainer.

i personally have 3m film on mine which came with the front end protection kit which goes on all my cars along with clearplex on the windshield as i like OEM/factory install for that og seal feel.
I didn't guarantee squat. Our glasses are NOT fragile like the lens that comes on other cars like example a Honda Civic 8thgen which has VERY fragile glass and many users NEED a vinyl film to help protect from actually cracking and its been very well documented as a fragile piece unlike our Lexus fogs which are NOT documented as fragile glass. So i simply said its not needed if you want to protect it from cracking because chances are, it won't and if it did, then MOST likely a piece of vinyl wouldn't have much to protect it.

I know you're trying to attack my posts because I made you look like a dumbfu*ck earlier, but you're doing a horrible job at it. Get over yourself, every post you make you're attacking others and making an unjustified opinion to put others down, seriously no one likes you.. this forum was much better 2 months ago before you were around.

Originally Posted by SPoon22
No one said anything about cracking. I am talking about the plastic lens turning yellow like you see on older cars or just normal wear and tear. Sure you can polish it, but this makes my life a bit easier. Also, it does protect from rock chips as well. Don't believe me? Look at your windshield or mine. Its sandblasted. Our fogs are made of glass as well and it will chip. I had a rock hit one of my fogs pretty hard and all it did was leave a mark on the tint. All I had to do was replace the tint instead of something that could be worst.
I was responding "that boy". By protection I implied he meant cracking. No film will be thick enough to protect any road debris from nicks on the glass.. its just typical wear and tear. You don't have to justify your mod and be all defensive about it, I get it, it adds a level of protection and you like it. But I made a statement that its not needed to protect a high quality glass like the fogs we have since it does not crack like the lens that comes on fogs on other cars.Its like saying you want to put a film on our windshield to protect it, but really its not needed at all. Just replace it after a few years because like anything else on your car, damages over time will occur regardless of what protection you have, vinyl film or not.
Old 08-26-13, 02:46 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know you're trying to attack my posts because I made you look like a dumbfu*ck earlier, but you're doing a horrible job at it. Get over yourself, every post you make you're attacking others and making an unjustified opinion to put others down, seriously no one likes you.. this forum was much better 2 months ago before you were around.

calm down buddy. people who actually discern and care about who they listen to completely understand the pecking order here pls believe.

your recommendtion was and is lazy at best. what about that 10% when it does crack? what are you going to say then? you didn't mean it that way? lol smh

do you plan for capacity or the average in your line of work? do you even know the English I am typing?
Old 08-26-13, 03:37 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

Damn. This thread was suppose to be informative to the op. No one is being defensive or anything. I am merely stating my opinion of the fogs I have and how I feel about the vinyl. I was just attempting to say it will not protect against cracks, but at the same time it will protect against smaller rock chips. If you had the film on the windshield and remove it after a period of time I can guarantee you it will still look like new just like the front of my car. I do like the look and that little (even the remotest) protection against yellowing and chips I will take it. Bottom line no one is using fighting words. At least I am not.
Old 08-26-13, 04:21 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
calm down buddy. people who actually discern and care about who they listen to completely understand the pecking order here pls believe.

your recommendtion was and is lazy at best. what about that 10% when it does crack? what are you going to say then? you didn't mean it that way? lol smh

do you plan for capacity or the average in your line of work? do you even know the English I am typing?
I don't need to type out an essay just to please you, I could care less about you. But since you brought it up, you're logic and brain capacity is "lazy at best". I mentioned that if it DID crack, no amount of vinyl will be able to protect it from the damage.

Originally Posted by SPoon22
Damn. This thread was suppose to be informative to the op. No one is being defensive or anything. I am merely stating my opinion of the fogs I have and how I feel about the vinyl. I was just attempting to say it will not protect against cracks, but at the same time it will protect against smaller rock chips. If you had the film on the windshield and remove it after a period of time I can guarantee you it will still look like new just like the front of my car. I do like the look and that little (even the remotest) protection against yellowing and chips I will take it. Bottom line no one is using fighting words. At least I am not.
Your words seemed defensive, much to the liking of your own mod.. we all have our own tastes and preferences., in the end my post had nothing to do with minimal protection because I don't care if my car gets micro chips in it from everyday debris (I'm not that **** about how the front looks), if you gave me the option of disguising my car with clear bra, wax and vinyl on the fog light lens to save it from minimal damage VS respraying the whole front end with brand new thicker paint 4 years down the line, I'll take the latter but I'm sure you wouldn't. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-27-13, 08:19 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I like the look of the overlays and yellow bulbs; dont think the cost and effort of adding HIDs is worth it.

Is there any place selling precut overlays for the F? I cant find them.
Old 08-27-13, 08:24 PM
LexFather

My 2 cents and experience...
2500k is good
3000k not yellow enough, needs overlay
overlays and just bulbs, good but not yellow enough

No joke what made it really yellow for me was yellow krylon glass paint from the arts and crafts store. Sprayed about 3 layers and VIOLA super yellow for $8
Old 08-27-13, 11:25 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate008
I had yellow Aerotect film on my fogs (They dont make them anymore) but took them off recently to change up the look of my car.

I loved how they A. Added protection from rocks and B. Made the fogs look good and different when the fogs weren't on.

I doubled up and had that and Putco jet yellow fog bulbs as well and people told me they loved the look.

I say get both bulbs and the overlay so they look yellow without them being on if the JDM yellow look is what you're wanting.

Cheap mods so if you don't like them you can always take them off.
By any chance, do you have any pics?
Old 09-08-13, 08:43 AM
Vervish
Racer

Noob question (I know nothing about bulb types) - tried to install my 55W putco foglight bulbs (model 9006) - but they look different than the stock bulb and did not fit and lock into the housing as they should.

I am confused because some websites list H11 as the correct bulb, but research on this site shows 9006's to be the right bulb. Do I need to modify the 9006 bulb in some way or is H11 the correct bulb? I have a 2011 ISF (not sure if the bulbs changed).
Old 09-08-13, 09:00 AM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

All year ISF uses H11 bulbs for fog light. The IS250/350 uses 9006 bulbs for the fog light.
Old 09-08-13, 09:02 AM
Vervish
Racer

Thank you. I need to get my fitment research skills up.

Quick Reply: Yellow Fog Light Bulbs or Lamin-X Yellow Vinyl?