IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Squeak coming from the headlight assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-13, 10:52 PM
Looxs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Squeak coming from the headlight assembly?

Hi, I've had this issue for a few months now. It's a sqweak/rattle coming from the front left part of the vehicle and occurs only when I'm on a rough road or if I hit a bump. It's more annoying than anything else. I've narrowed source to the driver side headlight assembly I believe. I've taken it to 2 lexus dealers and the first said they didn't hear anything and the second told me it is normal and it is actually coming for both sides. I disagree with this given its so annoying that I won't drive with the driver side window down because every bump in the road causes this noise. Has anyone had this issue and could it be a defective part within the headlight assembly?

Thanks
Old 08-20-13, 05:29 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Looxs
Hi, I've had this issue for a few months now. It's a sqweak/rattle coming from the front left part of the vehicle and occurs only when I'm on a rough road or if I hit a bump. It's more annoying than anything else. I've narrowed source to the driver side headlight assembly I believe. I've taken it to 2 lexus dealers and the first said they didn't hear anything and the second told me it is normal and it is actually coming for both sides. I disagree with this given its so annoying that I won't drive with the driver side window down because every bump in the road causes this noise. Has anyone had this issue and could it be a defective part within the headlight assembly?

Thanks
I've never received any sounds or rattling from my 2010 or 2012 headlights, so it's certainly not normal, assuming the sound is indeed coming from the lights. How were you able to narrow it down to the drivers side light, where the dealer couldn't?

I ask because sounds like that can be deceptive, especially as the car is moving. The headlights are bolted down pretty well from the factory and if they weren't, you could potentially get some play. They also have a bracket/support which does some duty for the bumper cover, IIRC.

Which model year do you have? The 2011+ do not have the AFS motors, so that's one less moving part, if that's the case.
Old 08-20-13, 07:17 AM
Looxs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 08. I tried to locate the source by having other people drive it and standing outside of the vehicle. I know this is not a very scientific way of doing it. When at the dealership I just don't feel it was a great priority for them given I was also there for an oil change.