IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF two pieces front splitter Problem.

Old 08-10-13, 10:32 PM
0ooyeah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISF two pieces front splitter Problem.

I have a 08 ISF trying to get the front splitter like this

but thing is the bottom of the front bumper is a slope upwards. Ones installed the splitter will point upward also and looks funny.

May I know is there anyone did this to their car also? please post some picture or explain how.
Old 08-11-13, 12:41 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Plenty have including myself with varying levels of success. If I were you I'd return them and put the money towards a lip that won't fly off at highway speeds. Mine lasted a week.
Old 08-11-13, 03:57 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have the Autotecknic CF splitters but when I placed an order for the predrilled one, I got splitters with no holes...? Well regarding you situation. I believe you are referring to the tab at the bottom of the bumper closest to the wheel. I filed it down to make it flush so the splitter doesn't have a gap or angle. You could reuse the same screw/bolt from the part that you filed down, just make a hole, In my case I had to make a few and used nut, bolts, and lock washers to hold it in place. Mine are still on the car since I mounted them, but then again I rarely drive my car, 1-4 times a month. Hope this helps and GL bro!
Old 08-11-13, 08:55 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those splitters look wack I say get a complete lip
Old 08-11-13, 08:29 PM
Nameless1
Rookie

The splitters are a good cheap alternative IMHO. I won't feel too bad if they scrape. They look great if you ask me. There is a slight upslope but not enough to really notice. In face, that slight upslope is the only reason I go into or out of my driveway without scraping.

I also used the pre-existing screw closest to the wheels, and then drilled out three more in each to support them evenly.

Old 08-11-13, 10:44 PM
0ooyeah
Driver School Candidate

yea my friend told me he's did not last long either, thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by Pqbrown
Plenty have including myself with varying levels of success. If I were you I'd return them and put the money towards a lip that won't fly off at highway speeds. Mine lasted a week.
Old 08-11-13, 10:45 PM
0ooyeah
Driver School Candidate

I think I will just go with aerofunction af1 lip. seems will last longer...
Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
I too have the Autotecknic CF splitters but when I placed an order for the predrilled one, I got splitters with no holes...? Well regarding you situation. I believe you are referring to the tab at the bottom of the bumper closest to the wheel. I filed it down to make it flush so the splitter doesn't have a gap or angle. You could reuse the same screw/bolt from the part that you filed down, just make a hole, In my case I had to make a few and used nut, bolts, and lock washers to hold it in place. Mine are still on the car since I mounted them, but then again I rarely drive my car, 1-4 times a month. Hope this helps and GL bro!
Old 08-11-13, 10:46 PM
0ooyeah
Driver School Candidate

what kinda lip you are using right now? brand?
Originally Posted by Nameless1
The splitters are a good cheap alternative IMHO. I won't feel too bad if they scrape. They look great if you ask me. There is a slight upslope but not enough to really notice. In face, that slight upslope is the only reason I go into or out of my driveway without scraping.

I also used the pre-existing screw closest to the wheels, and then drilled out three more in each to support them evenly.

Old 08-11-13, 10:51 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No lip that's those two splitters
Old 08-12-13, 03:53 PM
ISF4TRACK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 0ooyeah
yea my friend told me he's did not last long either, thanks for the info.
I used to have them as well and they lasted 2 years. I had added 2 extra screws to distribute the load better. I'm slightly dropped so did scrape on certain driveways etc. and they took it all without issue. One way to look at it is they're a solid, low cost way to protect the bottom edge of the OEM bumper from paint scrapes.

Some people like to mount them so that they're sticking out quite a bit from the bumper. To me, that leaves them a lot more likely to crack during a hard impact scrape. If you decide to get them, I would recommend mounting them so they're "tucked in" if you know what I mean.
Old 08-14-13, 12:32 PM
Drone619
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0ooyeah
I think I will just go with aerofunction af1 lip. seems will last longer...
That lip sits pretty low, I have the original ventross one and even at stock height it's low. If you're lowered, that lip will have maybe 1 or 2 inch clearance from the ground.
Old 05-29-14, 10:50 AM
Levitics
Rookie

Talking

I put all kind of reinforcements so I can be able to go 140mph+ and they wont fly off lol... but you have to do it right the first time.... like me....
Attached Thumbnails ISF two pieces front splitter Problem.-picsart_1400984891429.jpg   ISF two pieces front splitter Problem.-20140524_191017.jpg  
Old 05-29-14, 02:30 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like them, do they angle slightly upwards ( cant really tell in the pics).... some has said that they have had that problem, and what is the metal made of that u have cut to shape?
Old 05-29-14, 02:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Levitics
I put all kind of reinforcements so I can be able to go 140mph+ and they wont fly off lol... but you have to do it right the first time.... like me....
I think they look great. Did you get the slight upward angle like the other members ?
Old 05-30-14, 09:56 PM
Levitics
Rookie

No i didnt, they fit perfect... I hot them in ebay a mont ago... and still holding hard....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISF two pieces front splitter Problem.