IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joined the ISF Family Tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 12:12 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Joined the ISF Family Tonight!!

I've been trolling ClubLexus for quite some time now under a different handle, but today, I've officially joined the ISF family.

I drove all the way down to Escondido from LA to see this 2009 Mercury Metallic ISF at Lexus of Escondido. This CPO ISF was posted on Autotrader for $40,895 with 35,000 miles on the clock.

Typically, I'm a little skeptical about buying pre-owned, but since this is a certified Lexus, I thought it might be worth my while to head down and take a closer look. Before I left though, I called to confirm that the car was still available - it was.

The 405S and the 78E were nightmares...

Gurmeet J. was the Lexus Sales Consultant who helped me out. If you're looking to purchase a Lexus in the SoCal area, go to Lexus Escondido and ask for this gentleman. On top of great customer service, Lexus Escondido is surrounded by some excellent roads where you can really experience the vehicle's performance.

I won't bore you with many more details, but the entire process went extremely smoothly. I'm now the proud owner of an ISF.

Glad to be part of the family.

-Gabe
Old 08-09-13, 12:21 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Nice! Just did some creeping and searched your car on AutoTrader Very neat color.
Welcome
Old 08-09-13, 12:24 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Thank you!

I made it out to The Pursuit 4 this year.. and I think that was really the last straw seeing a bunch of ISFs all lined up!
Old 08-09-13, 12:34 AM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!! You will love the car! 3 months of ownership and I'm loving mine. Not even close to the fastest car I have ever owned but it is a wonderful daily driver.
Old 08-09-13, 12:55 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and welcome !
Old 08-09-13, 04:26 AM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the f bro. You'll enjoy it everyday
Old 08-09-13, 04:26 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car at a great price. Congratulations!
Old 08-09-13, 06:32 AM
gshyu
Rookie

I know I'm a little "young" to start a debate on this forum, but I couldn't help but notice a $8k+ price difference between '08-'09 and '10+ ISFs. For $8k, would I be able to aftermarket an LSD and upgrade my suspension, or were there other significant changes made that I might not be aware of? (Actually prefer dual gauges to one large gauge, btw...)

I don't want this question to start any "in fighting" commonly seen in Honda's AP1 vs. AP2 debates. Just a question; try to answer as objectively as possible! *(peace signs all around)*
Old 08-09-13, 07:24 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the F family.

the 2010+ ISF's do have the better LSD but I'm not really sure if anyone on here can tell the difference in handling between earlier and later models on local roads. On the track, different story. However, the suspension is softer in the later models. You already mentioned upgrading your suspension (KW V3 or BCR) so you will be fine.

At some point in my life I would love to have an s2k......what is the difference between AP1 and AP2 anyway? I know it's off topic but I'd just like a short answer
Old 08-09-13, 07:44 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you can absolutely tell on "local roads". if you guys ever take a turn quick, it plants itself and puts power down with great traction. if you ever go on mulholland and drive with alacrity with your buddies (lots of fun), you can most definitely sense the superior setup in the '10 and even better 11+.
Old 08-09-13, 08:08 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats on the new car, and welcome to the club!
Old 08-09-13, 08:31 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Thanks everyone! The reception here has already been much warmer than when I announced my arrival at a certain Bimmer forum when I first got my 335... Says good things about the crowd here, and I'm happy to be a part!

As for the difference between and AP1 and AP2 S2000, the Cliff Notes version is:
AP1 - 2.0L engine with a screaming 9k rpm redline. For the purists.
AP2 - 2.2L engine with a still stratospheric 8k rpm redline. More tq down low...

The drive to and from SD and this morning to work have just been excellent. So smoooth!!!
Old 08-09-13, 08:37 AM
gshyu
Rookie

Originally Posted by ROK
you can absolutely tell on "local roads". if you guys ever take a turn quick, it plants itself and puts power down with great traction. if you ever go on mulholland and drive with alacrity with your buddies (lots of fun), you can most definitely sense the superior setup in the '10 and even better 11+.
Wow, "alacrity". I'd get weird looks using words unseen since the SAT so casually! - once again, the Lexus crowd is more my speed.

Don't know if there's a pricetag you can put on "age appropriateness..."

I'm definitely looking forward to my first run through Mulholland, Cold Water, Angeles Crest and Ortega. Just thinking about these roads make me smile!
Old 08-09-13, 09:05 AM
kdm
Pole Position

I definitely agree with preferring dual gauges to one large one. Actually, despite improved performance-related factors for the newer models, the dual gauge-look was one of the main reasons why I chose a '10 over a '11/'12 :P

Also, since you live in SD, don't forget to add Palomar to your list!
Old 08-09-13, 09:24 AM
WeisISF
Pole Position

nice and congrats!

Quick Reply: Joined the ISF Family Tonight!!