IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Who in here has done an ISF to ISF switch/trade?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 07:49 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Right now, the only car that I'd even remotely want to trade my ISF for is a newer ISF... especially since the new RCF will be two doors and the new GSF (if such a thing will even be made) is probably going to be closer to M5 pricing, which is too much.
I feel the same.

I do intend to trade-up because I currently have an 08 with 70k miles on it. When I'm ready (I'm not yet) I'm going to find a nice 2012 ISF with lower miles than I have now. So that won't be tough. The gauge cluster alone will make it feel like a slightly newer car (to me) so I'm really just watching prices and once the 12's drop down into the lower $40k's I'll probably make the switch. But my car feels amazing still so I'm in no rush.
Old 08-06-13, 09:02 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Yeah LS..

I would disagree with the CCFL being fragile. I know many owners with custom headlights that use CCFL and never had issues as long as you secure it properly.

But LED seems to be the cheaper option and if it looks like the headlights on that LS.. then CCFL isn't necessary.

I still think the 2011+ headlights look like eyelashes.
I guess it is all up to personal liking. Eyelashes or not, I think 11+ headlights look better, it is just my opinon that's all. Same as some people hate the "shower head" led bulbs but you love them, all personal preference. It's not a hard fix to make the 11+ IS led to look like the LS strip, just gotta crack the lights open and modify the inner lenses to diffuse differently

Yeah LED offers many advantage such as a wide range of dimable vs ccfl is limited. This is good for day and night mode on oem lights. Also LED can last much longer than any other type of bulbs as of right now, up to 100000 hours. As LED tech getting brighter and cheaper, more and more cars on the road are getting them.

Last edited by MK4Sup_isF; 08-06-13 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-06-13, 09:13 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

2015 ISF is just around the corner why trade up now for the same body style. You will regret it after seeing 2nd Gen ISF. Just saying...
Old 08-06-13, 09:17 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
2015 ISF is just around the corner why trade up now for the same body style. You will regret it after seeing 2nd Gen ISF. Just saying...
And where is your source? There is no confirmation that a new ISF will be out.
Old 08-06-13, 09:35 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

I'm saving my money for RC-F. No one has ever sat in my back seat so I don't need four doors anyway.
You will regret it when the 2015 models come out. I know there is nothing confirmed but Lexus is a savvy company and when new M-4 comes out they will have a challenger to unveil. I plan on wielding it's increased
POWER!
Old 08-07-13, 08:28 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Dont do it...get a Porsche...get it out of your system.
I wish. I still need 4 doors and real backseats though, and just don't want to spend Panamera money. I was at my local cars and coffee last weekend and spent considerable time admiring a bone stock 997.2 C2S. I see more of those than I see ISFs, and yet for me it is still a head turner.
Old 08-07-13, 08:30 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by lexsane
I'm saving my money for RC-F. No one has ever sat in my back seat so I don't need four doors anyway.
You will regret it when the 2015 models come out. I know there is nothing confirmed but Lexus is a savvy company and when new M-4 comes out they will have a challenger to unveil. I plan on wielding it's increased
POWER!
yeah, I'm in no rush, so I do kind of want to wait to see what the future might hold. I can't do a 2-door right now though, so the RCF isn't on my radar.
Old 08-07-13, 10:23 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I made the jump from an 09 to an 11. I was very happy with the updates that were made, suspension, LSD, guages and what not, but for me, it was really all about getting a USB. I did love the SFP, but always wanted the USB, so when the opportunity was there, I took it.
Old 08-08-13, 05:31 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ROK
u turn those on... dates it even more bud. looks horrible. like 7eleven burrito lighting.

lexus swoosh drls r my fav.

upgrade! 11+ all day.
You dont have to turn DRLs on, its the exact same function as the new ones. I could really care less about the new LEDs and I do not like the new gauge cluster.. the New 2014 IS digital cluster looks cool from pics though.

Compared to a porsche, its more of race/sports car compared to a street sedan.
Old 08-08-13, 07:20 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

that's the downfall. because it looks so burrito, you don't want to ever turn them on. in turn, you totally lose the visibility advantage (fact), and the contemporary looks. the internal is also painted gloss black so a sleeker aesthetic. as for the gauges, the double gauge is the same setup as my 2013 Range Rover sport. it's nice. for a soccermom truck. it looks kinda pedestrian, commuter sedan versionish also on the m3.

got to have the big tach in the middle. got to. take a pic of your headlights and gauges and we'll line them up right here and take a vote. bet you i know which one takes the trophy.
Old 08-08-13, 07:47 AM
vbb

The dash in the 2011+ ISFs is not one of the things on the list that make me want to upgrade. I actually prefer the more classic look of the 08-10 gauge cluster. Now I do happen to like the futuristic LFA inspired gauges on the newest Lexus models, and the NAV display on the 2013 GS350 is very sexy. But I'm not talking about the next gen ISF/RCF/GSF/whatever.

Like I've said, I'm not in a rush and not certain I'm going to do this. Ideally, I could find a nice, low-mileage 2013 in mid-late 2014... that would let me pick something up on the used market and also give me more time to see what Lexus plans to do for the future. If I come across a perfect 2012 before then, I just might make the jump.
Old 08-08-13, 08:22 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

i only went down the cluster/drl rat hole because that's the nature of forum discussions (friendly banter).

honestly, if i had a friend who had a pre11, i'd stay stay put until the next gen. if someone looking at ISFs, then '11 plus no brainer.

but if you really really love the refresh, it's also a no brainer. the cluster/drl are bonuses. the suspension/chassis pieces are significant. but end of day, it's still an ISF (good thing).
Old 08-08-13, 09:08 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by ROK
i only went down the cluster/drl rat hole because that's the nature of forum discussions (friendly banter).

honestly, if i had a friend who had a pre11, i'd stay stay put until the next gen. if someone looking at ISFs, then '11 plus no brainer.

but if you really really love the refresh, it's also a no brainer. the cluster/drl are bonuses. the suspension/chassis pieces are significant. but end of day, it's still an ISF (good thing).
That's the thing. I like the '11+ better than the pre '11, but it isn't the difference between a great car and an okay car... my '09 is still a fantastic car to own. My motivation is really more rooted in the fact that I really like the current ISF... it fits all of my needs. I'm liking what I see from the RCF, but the two doors thing is a killer for me. I need/want a sedan. I'm nervous that whatever is next for Lexus in the 4-door performance sedan segment will end up over $10K more than the current ISF. If my decision is between a mint 2012-2013 ISF that I can buy used for a good price, or a new 2015 4-door car that is going to be $75K, well my choice is clear.
Old 08-08-13, 09:08 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ROK
that's the downfall. because it looks so burrito, you don't want to ever turn them on. in turn, you totally lose the visibility advantage (fact), and the contemporary looks. the internal is also painted gloss black so a sleeker aesthetic. as for the gauges, the double gauge is the same setup as my 2013 Range Rover sport. it's nice. for a soccermom truck. it looks kinda pedestrian, commuter sedan versionish also on the m3.

got to have the big tach in the middle. got to. take a pic of your headlights and gauges and we'll line them up right here and take a vote. bet you i know which one takes the trophy.
I was saying there is no switch to turn them on or off...... I know lots of people with a Lexus that DO NOT like the new gauges. Lots of people love the new headlights. It doesnt have the new suspension but thats ok.

I wasnt saying one was better than the other.. All I said was IIIII could care less about the lights, it is what it is, almost every car now a days has LEDs, dont think its that unique. And I personally hate the cluster. Never stated the old style was the best or what most people liked.

I chose an 08 6 months ago because it had 4,500 miles compared to me buying a 2011 with 40k miles.

and I am with you VBB, if the RC is the smaller body and we do get a GS F as the 4 door Im sure it will be pushing 80k.
Old 08-08-13, 09:33 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

yea, budget allowing you gotta buy what you can afford. but i'm certain no one would be dumb enough to buy an '08 over an '11... wallet allowing.

and people who "hate" inanimate objects makes me lol. i hate racism. i hate cancer. what this tells me is that you care. what that means is that you secretly want it, jealous, etc. because it is the new hot thing.

just my theory. the old cluster is nothing special. most cars have it split up like that... like buicks, chevy suburbans, etc. new center cluster is very sporting. it's all you need.

Quick Reply: Who in here has done an ISF to ISF switch/trade?