IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Bridgestone RE11 255/35/19 on sale on TireRack.com $199

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 07:13 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
God damn.... i just spend 658.00 for the rear on S04...
I just spent $428.00 shipped for RE11s...I stumbled upon this deal by accident too.

I didn't even need tires but too good of a deal. I'm currently on my 3rd set of RE11s...I paid full pop the first 3 sets, which was roughly $325 per rear tire (fronts were around $300) so $199 is a killer deal on rear tires. I was going to buy the front as well, but I have too much tread left on my current front tires.

Originally Posted by spddemon
Are you running stock sizes?

That tire wear will work for me. I'm still running 4+ year old OE potenza re50 only 26k on them with no complaints. Just trying to squeeze a little more out of them before buying new tires. This price is really good!!

The F will sit all week and RE50 are fine, no flat spots. I know I need to drive it more, but the commute will destroy it! She is about to get driven on a 14hr round trip this weekend!
I am running stock tire sizes. I like the "square" look. I don't want to have a bulge on the side wall.

The nice thing about Bridgestone is that they use a rubber that doesn't rot and crack like Michelin does. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Michelin makes fantastic tires however, I've spoken to a lot of tire people and they just prefer the RE11s compared to the Michelin Super Sport when you factor in price vs performance. The performance is so close that it really comes down to price in the end. BTW...4 years on a tire is a long time...even if you have tread left, you should consider replacing the tires if the rubber is cracking.
Old 08-06-13, 08:26 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thanks for posting this! I ended up getting the full set since all of mine are old, which came to $888 shipped. It's funny that the fronts were $15 more each but I've been roasting the rears unintentionally lately so it's time for some grip!

Again, thanks! Awesome deal.
Old 08-06-13, 08:49 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by anxiouz
Awesome, thanks for posting this! I ended up getting the full set since all of mine are old, which came to $888 shipped. It's funny that the fronts were $15 more each but I've been roasting the rears unintentionally lately so it's time for some grip!

Again, thanks! Awesome deal.
+1 same here, thanks for the heads up Just
Old 08-06-13, 09:21 PM
JrBully
Driver

Thanks Just F Me for posting this great deal. I just ordered a full set for my F to replace the stock re050's. I was just going to replace my front tires this weeks but I couldn't pass up this deal.
Old 08-06-13, 10:27 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JrBully
Thanks Just F Me for posting this great deal. I just ordered a full set for my F to replace the stock re050's. I was just going to replace my front tires this weeks but I couldn't pass up this deal.
Oh man...if you're going from RE050As to RE11s...massive difference in grip. There will no longer be 1st to 2nd gear tire chirps
Old 08-07-13, 09:54 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Just pulled the trigger on the RE-11s at the sweet deal of.......$880.89. They are going quickly!
The sales guy told me that a new generation is on the way.
Old 08-07-13, 10:14 AM
COisF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't replaced the tires on the F yet, but I had great luck with ride and wear on the Continental Extreme DWS on my Audi S5 (if anyone is in need of all-season)
Old 08-07-13, 10:15 AM
COisF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can usually get a set of the Continentals for close to $1K
Old 08-07-13, 12:52 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spddemon
Just pulled the trigger on the RE-11s at the sweet deal of.......$880.89. They are going quickly!
The sales guy told me that a new generation is on the way.
Yeah...new generation, but these are already fantastic tires and for the price, no thanks. I'll pocket the $400-$500 and run on a previous generation...especially since I already have experience with it.

Originally Posted by COisF
Haven't replaced the tires on the F yet, but I had great luck with ride and wear on the Continental Extreme DWS on my Audi S5 (if anyone is in need of all-season)
All season tires? Why? LOL...Here in SoCal, we only need to buy Extreme Summer Performance tires year round...
Old 08-07-13, 01:12 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by COisF
Do you drive your car hard? I thought the DWS's were the worst tire I've ever had. Really soft sidewalls, poor handling. I had these on my Audi A4.
Old 08-07-13, 02:43 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
Do you drive your car hard? I thought the DWS's were the worst tire I've ever had. Really soft sidewalls, poor handling. I had these on my Audi A4.
Probably because its DWS and not DW. I've had DW's on my car and the grip was not that bad. But in relation to Michelin PSS, the DW's does not come close in sheer grip and predictability at the limit.
Old 08-07-13, 04:05 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Probably because its DWS and not DW. I've had DW's on my car and the grip was not that bad. But in relation to Michelin PSS, the DW's does not come close in sheer grip and predictability at the limit.
Exactly. I would never put DWS on the ISF, or even DW. The Hankook V12's were on mine when I bought it, practically brand new. Traded those in for PSS's.
Old 08-07-13, 04:21 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

michelin pilot super sports > every other street tire on market today period unless you get a crazy good deal like this one herr
Old 08-07-13, 05:02 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

hmmm...interesting...we have an ISFpat and a PatrickISF....is there a PatISF?
Old 08-07-13, 06:03 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
hmmm...interesting...we have an ISFpat and a PatrickISF....is there a PatISF?
It's Pat!

Quick Reply: Bridgestone RE11 255/35/19 on sale on TireRack.com $199