IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

what brand of headers you guys recommend the most?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-13, 07:44 PM
SERGIO ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face what brand of headers you guys recommend the most?

hello everyone
its been almost a year and a half since I had to sell my ISF for disc hernia suffer
now I think I m going to get another one....I miss him so much.
I used to have Joe Z intake and exhaust no headers.
wich one you recommend???
thanks

SERGIO ISF
PANAMA CITY PANANA
Old 08-05-13, 08:02 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Novel.. its awesome. Just get one you won't be disappointed.
Old 08-05-13, 09:57 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Novel.. its awesome. Just get one you won't be disappointed.
Can you please tell me where to order and how much does it cost ? The one you had with cat or without cat? Is it a LHD version for US market?
thanks!
Old 08-05-13, 10:16 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I believe PPE and Sikky are most common header choices available. Novel, while they appear to be of equal length, comes at a much heftier price tag (roughly $7k without installation). PPE and Sikky can both be had for a little over $1300, which isn't bad at all. The Joe Z combo (intake/exhaust) sounds pretty darn mean by itself, but with the headers, it'll be a complete beast. Best of luck and most importantly, continue to heal and get healthy!
Old 08-05-13, 10:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Lots and Lots of threads on this. Both (PPE and Sikky) have their proponents (fan boys). Do a search and decide for yourself. Me, I'm a PPE fan for a lot of reasons. You can find many of my opinions in various threads. Some of my reasons to favor PPE are:

1. Better workmanship IMHO.
2. With the rev 2 design, you will not need to relocate the dipstick.
3. There has been discussion that some shops that have installed both say the PPE was an easier install and, in their opinion, a better design.

Both brands seem to produce similar results on the Dyno.

Lou
Old 08-06-13, 05:28 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

PPE for the above reasons. Guy that installed mine hates doing sikky jobs because the fitment is so poor. no issues at all with the PPE
Old 08-13-13, 07:04 PM
SERGIO ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I believe PPE and Sikky are most common header choices available. Novel, while they appear to be of equal length, comes at a much heftier price tag (roughly $7k without installation). PPE and Sikky can both be had for a little over $1300, which isn't bad at all. The Joe Z combo (intake/exhaust) sounds pretty darn mean by itself, but with the headers, it'll be a complete beast. Best of luck and most importantly, continue to heal and get healthy!
thanks a lot for your recommendation Brian
best of luck!

Sergio ISF
Old 08-13-13, 07:05 PM
SERGIO ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Lots and Lots of threads on this. Both (PPE and Sikky) have their proponents (fan boys). Do a search and decide for yourself. Me, I'm a PPE fan for a lot of reasons. You can find many of my opinions in various threads. Some of my reasons to favor PPE are:

1. Better workmanship IMHO.
2. With the rev 2 design, you will not need to relocate the dipstick.
3. There has been discussion that some shops that have installed both say the PPE was an easier install and, in their opinion, a better design.

Both brands seem to produce similar results on the Dyno.

Lou
thanks for the tip Lou
Old 08-15-13, 11:16 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have PPE and I quote below what I heard from the Dealer mechanic that installed mine.

LEXUS master mechanic: "Fits like factory made it"
Old 08-15-13, 03:05 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PPE + Borla + silicon intake

I quote my friend after I drove past "OMG, it sounds like an exotic".

I've tracked the car and driven the car for about 2k miles with the headers, no CEL, no scrubbing. Then again, I have an excellent exhaust guy. ISFs are already rare here in Australia, one that sounds like this really turns heads. People look at the car, scratch their heads and go "a Lexus sounds like that?"
Old 08-15-13, 04:34 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have PPE headers + Borla exhaust, with a Takeda intake, and it sounds and performs incredible. This is the perfect setup IMHO.
Old 08-15-13, 05:26 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RecursiveL
PPE + Borla + silicon intake

I quote my friend after I drove past "OMG, it sounds like an exotic".

I've tracked the car and driven the car for about 2k miles with the headers, no CEL, no scrubbing. Then again, I have an excellent exhaust guy. ISFs are already rare here in Australia, one that sounds like this really turns heads. People look at the car, scratch their heads and go "a Lexus sounds like that?"
Same exact setup here and its amazing. I just posted an exhaust video with this setup but less than decent sound quality
Old 08-15-13, 09:43 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I have Joe, silky and borla. Some rubbing on hard left turns. Very happy with the tone and depth of sound. Like mentioned before, many wtf, exotic and thumbs up. Really makes the car.
Old 08-16-13, 12:17 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PPE Headers for me, I got them on a Group Buy from FIGS, excellent price! Still torn between JoeZ or Borla for an exhaust, one of these days ill decide LOL! Any header you get will bring out the beast in the F, GL with whichever you choose Bro!
Old 08-16-13, 06:17 AM
Nate008
Pole Position

I have PPE headers with a JoeZ exhaust with the resonators cut out of the setup and omg I love it. I have gotten more looks and compliments from random people about the exhaust note in the last couple weeks since the header install than I have in the past year with just my JoeZ exhaust.

Just yesterday I left the F running when I ran into a gas station to get something real quick and some guy was standing near the F and asked what I had done to the car. He thought I had cams because he thought it had a cam lobe lol. Said it sounded amazing when I gave him a couple revs too. I also chose PPE over Sikky because of not having to relocate the dipstick.

PPE headers are the best mod I have done (Next to my JL12W7). Just wish it wouldn't have taken me 2 years to realize I needed to get em haha.

Last edited by Nate008; 08-16-13 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added more reasons why I chose PPE

Quick Reply: what brand of headers you guys recommend the most?