IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

C63 owner about to convert

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-13, 06:51 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure exactly what your looking for as I didnt read every post but on cars.com their are a decent amount of 2011-13 across the US
Old 08-08-13, 10:19 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Come to CA... there's a bunch of them for sale all over the state, even on a couple on craigslist! Test drive all of them and find the one you really want and drive or ship it back to TX. You wont have to worry about rust as well...

Here's two 2012's for sale in the SF bay area on craigslist:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3955432895.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3978067088.html
+ 1, just hit us up if you spot a car you like. (autotrader, craigslist)

If it's in the East Bay, I can get photos and even check it out for you.

There is a lot of wealthy folks out here who like to keep a car for a year and then sell it.

There are 2 black 2013 ISF's (one in SF and one in SoCal), as well as a Nebula 2012 and a white 2010.

There is no shortage of C63's either.

Cheers.
Old 08-08-13, 05:51 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the F and if your considering it than you are already one step closer to making the right choice ...I am a little bias, I bought mine shortly after the IS-F was released right in 08 and have done some serious modifications. This car is pretty bullet proof at the levels of power available too us. Unless you are going to spray dont touch the intake system other than a HPS or joe z intake tube. Put Sikky or PPE headers on the car. An exhaust of some form, we have many brands to choose from ($$$ to $) along with muffler/secondary cats deletes. 2010+ give you a factory LSD but track ones are available. Theres a wide range of suspension mods. Springs, coil-coilovers, sway bars, camber kits, bushing upgrades (contact figs-enginering). There are some very nice carbon spoiler kits available, Wald, Toms, Downforce USA, many more and obviously we have wheels galore.

I read you werent into the spray but the IS-F does take and LOVE it, the ecm will cut the engine before it will let it blow up... 150shot, full exhaust, intake and some VP MS-109 will put down 525-575 wheel every time depending on bottle psi. Very few have direct port systems at 200shots but there are a few.
Old 08-09-13, 05:54 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Darbs you pretty much hit the nail on the head for ALL possible mods for the ISF, currently. Your post itself should be stickied!
Old 08-09-13, 12:49 PM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on man pull the trigger, I can't wait to see what you get!
Old 03-29-14, 04:56 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious to see what he purchased. I've been on a search for a while. Sold my 335i. I was set on a F and I test drove a C63 the other day now I'm torn.
Old 03-29-14, 06:51 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

If you're coming from German cars, stick with German cars.

The "drive feel" of the Germans is "better" than any Japanese one, ISF and GTR included. If you go ISF route, after owning it for awhile and coming from the 335, you might be disappointed.

M3, C63 do drive better (real world) than the ISF and are quicker in a straight line (stock v stock) if you race on public roads.

You MAY have issues with the C63, but really, no more issues than any other mass produced performance marketed automobile.

Reasons I chose the ISF (twice) is perceived reliability and relatively low cost of maintenance and parts compared to the M3/C63 for its performance. If you want pure out performance, go with the C63.

Originally Posted by CometVR4
Curious to see what he purchased. I've been on a search for a while. Sold my 335i. I was set on a F and I test drove a C63 the other day now I'm torn.
Old 03-29-14, 10:05 PM
2012ISF
Driver

Fiirst time I went to The Lexus dealership I went in specifically for the ISF, they talked me into the 350 (bait and switch). I loved the car, but I knew it wasn't an ISF.

Someone T-boned me and totaled the 350. I went back into the dealer and told them absolutely nothing else but an ISF this time around. I got Very lucky because their was one on a ship coming in from Japan.

I bought the car never test driving it, knowing it was for me.
I remember them calling me and telling me it' arrived.
I remember driving it for the first time.
Lust then Lust now.
God, I love punching this thing.
Old 03-31-14, 11:02 AM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This was an old thread. But I have a feeling he got himself another C63.
Old 03-31-14, 02:06 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by itsmike177
If you're coming from German cars, stick with German cars.

The "drive feel" of the Germans is "better" than any Japanese one, ISF and GTR included. If you go ISF route, after owning it for awhile and coming from the 335, you might be disappointed.

M3, C63 do drive better (real world) than the ISF and are quicker in a straight line (stock v stock) if you race on public roads.

You MAY have issues with the C63, but really, no more issues than any other mass produced performance marketed automobile.

Reasons I chose the ISF (twice) is perceived reliability and relatively low cost of maintenance and parts compared to the M3/C63 for its performance. If you want pure out performance, go with the C63.
This is wrong in so many accounts... and i'm coming from the world of germans
Old 04-01-14, 01:09 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OP did end up getting a C63, a 507 C63. I see his exact username on MBworld from time to time
Old 04-14-14, 03:11 AM
sjpbug
Driver School Candidate

I Would choose an ISF over C63 any day!
Old 04-14-14, 03:34 AM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to test drive the C63, then the ISF, almost back to back. The first feeling you get is "C63!" It's because of the raw acceleration and the exhaust note.

But if you have time to mull it over, the other factors like reliability, gas mileage, cost of ownership, chassis balance (yes, I actually feel that the 2012 ISF and up have better chassis balance than the C63), the ISF quickly becomes the forerunner. Furthermore, the ISF is a lot more rare, seeing a C63 nowadays is like seeing any other Merc. Whereas with the ISF you tend to get a lot of stares. And the exhaust note? Nothing that the aftermarket can't fix.

Having said that, if you want to modability, the C63 is the better choice. But then you throw reliability out of the window. And then you're better off buying an Evo and modding it to be an absolute weapon.
Old 04-14-14, 04:46 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

I assume when we speak of C63, we are talking only of the AMG. I've seen road tests that suggest the traction control is overly restrictive when turned on, dangerous when turned off. This opposed to our Sport mode which was fine-tuned on the race track. Anyone have experience?
Old 04-14-14, 07:08 AM
BluISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by RecursiveL
I went to test drive the C63, then the ISF, almost back to back. The first feeling you get is "C63!" It's because of the raw acceleration and the exhaust note.

But if you have time to mull it over, the other factors like reliability, gas mileage, cost of ownership, chassis balance (yes, I actually feel that the 2012 ISF and up have better chassis balance than the C63), the ISF quickly becomes the forerunner. Furthermore, the ISF is a lot more rare, seeing a C63 nowadays is like seeing any other Merc. Whereas with the ISF you tend to get a lot of stares. And the exhaust note? Nothing that the aftermarket can't fix.

Having said that, if you want to modability, the C63 is the better choice. But then you throw reliability out of the window. And then you're better off buying an Evo and modding it to be an absolute weapon.
You are NOT kidding about this.

Quick Reply: C63 owner about to convert