IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Surprising the Wife with an IS-F...Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-13, 11:05 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Surprising the Wife with an IS-F...Help!

Hi everyone!

I normally hang out in the ES forum, and I need some help from the IS-F experts!

I'm trying to surprise my wife with an IS-F for her birthday this Saturday and I'm under the gun to make a decision since I decided Tuesday that this is what I wanted to do.

Here are my current options:

CPO 2011 SFP, with black/orange interior, 46,XXX miles, asking $47, 800 (Lexus dealer)

Non-CPO 2011, silver with black interior, 25,XXX miles, asking 48,900 (Lexus dealer)

This one is a maybe, dealer is trying to locate, it's local:
Non-CPO, 2011, Red with black interior, 13,XXX miles, asking 50,000

The SFP and silver are about 300 miles away, the red is local. I've hired a third-party consultant to do the leg work and this is what I've got to work with at the moment that's within my time frame for delivery.

My wife's first color preference would be the SFP, but the mileage is a bit high to me; CPO is a plus, here. The red would be her second choice, but I'm going to have to bypass it if they don't find it within a couple of hours. I do like the low miles. The silver is another stong option, but she has a silver car, now, and I'm thinking she might want a change, but I've been wrong before...

Any recommendations y'all can give me would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-13, 11:07 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Get the SFP, i see where u going with this lolz , your future plan is swapping cars lolz not a bad plan lolz
Old 07-18-13, 11:19 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Get the SFP, i see where u going with this lolz , your future plan is swapping cars lolz not a bad plan lolz
Thanks for your input, blitz. I am leaning towards the SFP. She loves that color and I know she would flip over the seat colors.

I do hope she lets me drive it to the store every once in a while...

Last edited by SatComm302; 07-18-13 at 12:35 PM. Reason: grammer edit
Old 07-18-13, 11:23 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

first of all does she even want an ISF or is it that u wanted an ISF? if she likes white go with that. the car is pretty much good and since its 2011 u have warranty for 3 more years and you can decide with that time frame if you want to purchase extended warranty. I don't like the 2011 wheels but eh if you get a good deal I don't see why not...
Old 07-18-13, 11:29 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the one she will like, plus its got the CPO on it so even if something goes wrong it will be covered.
Old 07-18-13, 11:33 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd really look into the non CPO. Some women are more particular with the interior color more so than the exterior. My gal loves the black/orange combo but doesn't really care for exterior. But if your wife loves the SFP, then definitely keep it at the top of your list. But that is a lot of miles for a MY2011. The non CPO is also less than two years old, but has 25k on the odometer. It's still under warranty, and you're going to have the consultant give you some honest feedback anyway.

Best of luck!
Old 07-18-13, 11:41 AM
SatComm302
Driver

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
first of all does she even want an ISF or is it that u wanted an ISF? if she likes white go with that. the car is pretty much good and since its 2011 u have warranty for 3 more years and you can decide with that time frame if you want to purchase extended warranty. I don't like the 2011 wheels but eh if you get a good deal I don't see why not...
Thanks for the help!

She's been in love with them ever since she sat in one at a 2008 car show. It just hasn't been the right time for her to get one. She just doesn't realize that now is the right time.
Old 07-18-13, 11:54 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

My wife would love the SFP, but be pissed off with the black/orange interior.... you think your wife would be ok with that interior color combo?
Old 07-18-13, 12:23 PM
SatComm302
Driver

Originally Posted by CUTigers
Get the one she will like, plus its got the CPO on it so even if something goes wrong it will be covered.
Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I'd really look into the non CPO. Some women are more particular with the interior color more so than the exterior. My gal loves the black/orange combo but doesn't really care for exterior. But if your wife loves the SFP, then definitely keep it at the top of your list. But that is a lot of miles for a MY2011. The non CPO is also less than two years old, but has 25k on the odometer. It's still under warranty, and you're going to have the consultant give you some honest feedback anyway.

Best of luck!
The peace of mind of the SFP being CPO is really swaying my decision, right now, CUTigers.

Honestly, I think I'm more worried about the mileage than she would be if she were in my shoes. She told me that she really liked the black/orange interior combo when I casually showed her a pic a few days ago. Plus, I've had two SFP ES's and she's always loved that color.

I do like the lower mileage on the non-CPO, but I don't think she would be as crazy about the silver and black combo.

Right now, the SFP CPO is in the lead. No word yet on Red.

Thanks for your feedback, CUTigers and bnizzle
Old 07-18-13, 12:29 PM
SatComm302
Driver

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
My wife would love the SFP, but be pissed off with the black/orange interior.... you think your wife would be ok with that interior color combo?
I think she would. A few days ago I lazily handed her the laptop when I was doing some searches, and, as causually as I could, asked her what she thought of that interior color combo. She did say she liked it. So, I showed her the black and white seat combo, and she liked that, too. So, I think I'm pretty safe with the red/orange interior...
Old 07-18-13, 01:06 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with the SFP. CPO also covers up to 100k miles. Keeps a peace of mind. You will probably wont have to worry anything about the ISF being a Lexus.
Old 07-18-13, 01:07 PM
SatComm302
Driver

We've got a new horse in the race:

Non-CPO 2012, SFP with black / white interior, 29,XXX miles, asking 49,900 (non-Lexus dealer), 150 miles away. This is the absolute best exterior and interior color combo's I could ask for. But, it seems like a lot of miles for a 2012.

What do y'all think of the price?

I've all but ruled out Red. She's a no-show and I need to make a decision today.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-13, 01:10 PM
SatComm302
Driver

Originally Posted by FD3SISF
I would go with the SFP. CPO also covers up to 100k miles. Keeps a peace of mind. You will probably wont have to worry anything about the ISF being a Lexus.
I'm certainly leaning that way, FD3SISF, but the 2012 SFP and making a charge on the outside!
Old 07-18-13, 01:13 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Husband with an ES350 - Wife with an ISF. Seems sorta backward to me

Lou
Old 07-18-13, 01:22 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Husband with an ES350 - Wife with an ISF. Seems sorta backward to me

Lou
lolz yeah, he wants to be like Mr Lou now , now go with 2012 F

Quick Reply: Surprising the Wife with an IS-F...Help!