IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

looking for HKS midpipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 04:47 PM
DJaime12F
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for HKS midpipe

If anyone van help me,I've heard they discontinued the hks mid pipe, so if anyone knows someone selling one out maybe someone had it in stock I would be very interested.
Old 07-10-13, 09:06 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

These threads should interest you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-progress.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-midpipe.html

You're right, I don't believe the HKS mid pipe is available any longer. The first thread talks about a workaround.

Lou
Old 07-11-13, 11:28 AM
DJaime12F
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the response, I have already check those threads but im looking for a actual HKS brand mid pipe , ill give I a few months if not my only option may be to go custom. Hope I can find one. Again thanks for the reply
Old 07-11-13, 05:08 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

DJaime12F,

It has definitely been discontinued. I tried to get one a few months ago - was originally told it was on order then informed it had been discontinued by HKS. I went the custom route and designed one as close to the HKS setup as possible (based on pics and known details - see the links by Lou above). However after installing headers I added (2) 2.5" x 12" resonators to tame down the rasp and get the tone I wanted.
Old 07-11-13, 07:27 PM
DJaime12F
Driver School Candidate

Default MeanStreak

So did you have the Mid Pipe on with the car before installing the headers? I ask because the only video I can find of the hks is this video, and this is the sound that im looking for. Another question the resonaters you added was that to the headers or the midpipe. In your opinion ( you did have only the mid pipe and HKS rear) was the sound pretty close to this or was it a major change? also did any dash lights come on with the Mid pipe and rear Hks setup?
Sorry for so many questions, but really am grateful for your feedback

Old 07-11-13, 07:31 PM
DJaime12F
Driver School Candidate

Default Meanstreak

Also by looking at your diagram im taking it there going to have to cut up the stock mid Pipe? really wanted to save the stock parts Oh well if that's the case some sacrifices wlll have to be made to achieve greatness
Old 07-11-13, 08:30 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

That one sounds so good.
Old 07-12-13, 07:34 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJaime12F
So did you have the Mid Pipe on with the car before installing the headers? I ask because the only video I can find of the hks is this video, and this is the sound that im looking for. Another question the resonaters you added was that to the headers or the midpipe. In your opinion ( you did have only the mid pipe and HKS rear) was the sound pretty close to this or was it a major change? also did any dash lights come on with the Mid pipe and rear Hks setup?
Sorry for so many questions, but really am grateful for your feedback
I had the axle back only to start with then added the headers and mid pipe at the same time so I don't have a direct comparison to the setup in the video above (HKS mid pipe + axle back).

The resonators I added are in the dual 2.5" section after the headers. Plus I have a single 3" resonator after the Y-pipe (as shown in the original diagram).

No dash lights in my setup and you wouldn't have anything to worry about by replacing the secondary cats in the mid pipe. The O2 conditioners that come with the headers are required because the primary cats are deleted with headers.

My suggestion - delete the secondary cats in the stock mid pipe, install the HKS axle back and see how you like it. If you really want it to roar, go ahead and delete the stock resonator also. You don't have to hack up the stock mid pipe like I did, just remove the cats and / or resonator and replace with straight pipe. Very simple. GO FOR IT!!