IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

excitement to have 3rd gen F-sports eat dust!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-13, 11:59 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
i wonder what all the f-sport IS250/350 owners would think if they read through this thread.
They'd probably think a significant portion of us are arrogant, elitist a-holes who think we're better than them b/c we drive an ISF. I was all over the BMW boards when I had my 335i and the sparring back and forth between some of the M3 guys and the 335i guys was pretty funny. Some of the M3 guys acted like they had god's gift to the automotive world and the 335i guys who would add the M3 spoiler, wheels, or M-Sport bits were inferior.

This reminds me a little bit of that

edit: I guess it is a little different though, because there were plenty of 335s running faster times than the M3, whereas the fastest IS350 on dragtimes put up a 12.84 @ 109mph, which is slower than most bone stock ISFs would do on street tires.

Last edited by vbb; 07-01-13 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-01-13, 12:05 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

i wonder what all the f-sport IS250/350 owners would think if they read through this thread.
The 2IS boards always get too caught up with "how much faster the 350 is than a 250". Lol

You F guys are a rare sighting, even in big ol' Houston where i have quite a few friends with an F, i never see them.
Old 07-01-13, 12:17 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not upset with F-Sport owners at all, it's not their fault. The cars are great. I'm upset with Lexus for diluting the F brand so much.

But we'll soon have a V-Sport CTS, BMW is applying M-Sport or something across their line, etc.. So it's happening all over.
Old 07-01-13, 12:53 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

yeah, i've got much love for all the lexus fam members haha and really, someone that purchased a new f-sport IS 350 could have paid a lot more than someone who got a used F. i just think it's funny when i see the 250/350 owners replacing their numbers on the trunk lid w/ the "F" badge.

Last edited by cremaster; 07-01-13 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-01-13, 01:08 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by anxiouz
I'm not upset with F-Sport owners at all, it's not their fault. The cars are great. I'm upset with Lexus for diluting the F brand so much.

But we'll soon have a V-Sport CTS, BMW is applying M-Sport or something across their line, etc.. So it's happening all over.
Very true. At my last dealership appointment, the girl scheduling my oil change called my car an "F sport". My concern here is I don't want her to botch the paperwork and then have a half-asleep tech at 8AM put 6.7 quarts of oil in the engine. I've decided to take my car to an independent mechanic who knows the F for future maintenance just to be safe.

One of my coworkers, when I told him my car makes 416hp, thought his Lexus GS430 was faster and better because the 430 stands for the horsepower number. And then it occurred to me that there are a lot of folks like him, probably an overwhelming majority, who don't know the difference between a fast Lexus and a slow Lexus because of Lexus' limited sporting heritage. The F-sport badges aren't doing us any favors, that's for sure.

Now that high school and college are done for the summer, I'm getting revved at by all sorts of 4-bangers who either know what it is and want to see it go, or think their car is faster and are ready to put me in danger to prove it. It's hairy out there.
Old 07-01-13, 03:05 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't mind the f sport branding as many other companies offer similar packages, but it does bother me a bit when people go around plastering Ms, AMGs, and Fs badges all over their cars to pass them off as the real thing.
Old 07-01-13, 07:46 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

No hate from me. It's all a part of the Lexus community. The IS line has been evolving with every generation- F performance and F-sport alike. While the location of a badge on a fender may throw an unkeen eye into an inquiry about whether it's an F-sport or whether I just added the exhaust tips for fun, it's still fun to start the car and rev the engine and let them figure it out for themselves. Most of my CL members I hang with are across the IS line. Honestly, 250, 350, "F," F-sport/ non-F-sport...we're all part of the evolution of the IS.

F-sport will only continue to grow, but as far as we're concerned at this very moment- the IS F is the first F performance marquee Lexus has produced. Those who don't know about it will soon find out what Lexus will continue to bring to the ever so competitive automotive performance world. Long live the F!
Old 07-01-13, 08:11 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

i just think it's funny when i see the 250/350 owners replacing their numbers on the trunk lid w/ the "F" badge.
Originally Posted by jat0223
it does bother me a bit when people go around plastering Ms, AMGs, and Fs badges all over their cars to pass them off as the real thing.
When I see that I laugh and say "That's cute" and carry on with my day. It's their car, it's not like it makes them any faster haha. I think the only car that can pull off the M badge and get away with it (without anyone noticing) are the guys with the e36s, theres very little exterior difference between the 328is and M3s.
Old 07-01-13, 09:05 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
No hate from me. It's all a part of the Lexus community. The IS line has been evolving with every generation- F performance and F-sport alike. While the location of a badge on a fender may throw an unkeen eye into an inquiry about whether it's an F-sport or whether I just added the exhaust tips for fun, it's still fun to start the car and rev the engine and let them figure it out for themselves. Most of my CL members I hang with are across the IS line. Honestly, 250, 350, "F," F-sport/ non-F-sport...we're all part of the evolution of the IS.

F-sport will only continue to grow, but as far as we're concerned at this very moment- the IS F is the first F performance marquee Lexus has produced. Those who don't know about it will soon find out what Lexus will continue to bring to the ever so competitive automotive performance world. Long live the F!
agreed.. would love some confirmation on what lexus is going to continue to compete with.
Old 07-01-13, 10:32 PM
toky916
Pole Position

So the other day I'm driving with my GF and in the rear I yellow modded camero coming in fast I was like this should be very interesting down shifted and let him go then let the F go lol.
Boy he was surprised lmao a few lights later he rolled his window down and said " he's like is that a 250 I never thought they where that FAST ! I'm like yea it's just 250 and took off when it turned green .

But what pissed me off once was a girl was like my brother in law already had 3 ISF I was like you sure yea keeps getting them lol.

Checked out his pictures and its a is 250 with rear isf bumper from ebay lol I posted I'm like is that 250 or 350 deleted my comment.
Old 07-01-13, 11:28 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toky916
But what pissed me off once was a girl was like my brother in law already had 3 ISF I was like you sure yea keeps getting them lol.
Old 07-02-13, 05:02 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by anxiouz
I'm more towards this as well; probably 70/30 - mad at Lexus/irritated by imitators.

I think the new GS F-sport looks sexy as hell, I really do. But I hate the fact that people think the F-Sport is fast. It's the same engines as before, they just sound a little better. I think the new "F" needs to have a new name all today and lose the association with the F branding.
Old 07-02-13, 05:43 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by toky916
Originally Posted by jleonard71
Hahahaha! Translation... I got angry because this girl that I know said, "my brother in law has had 3 different ISFs already." I said, "are you sure about that?" She then said, "yes, he keeps getting them." I then later found out that he's had a few IS250s and he put fake ISF bumpers from eBay on them.

For every one person that recognizes what the ISF really is, there's two people who think it is the same as an IS250. I've have a few friends say "sweet car, my friend has one of those!" when I know that their friend has an IS250, or IS350 at best.
Old 07-02-13, 09:03 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

I'm an IS350 owner and I love the ISF forum more than the 2nd Gen forum. In particular I enjoy reading threads like this one, of all the guys and gals who own the car I want next. I've never tried to pretend my car was an ISF or even an IS 350 F - Sport. This thread should only offend those non ISF owners who try to make their car seem like it is.
Old 07-02-13, 10:42 AM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lmao.... I had a dealership put 5w20 into my car thinking its f sport.! wtf!!
abd when i got my windows tinted ... the precut film was labeled as is250.. i really didnt care i kno what i have. Its sometimes nice to be undferstated and over preform.. the only thing that pisses me off is mini van love to park next to me for some reason in the parking lot..... please no kiddio scratching /dinging my car,

Quick Reply: excitement to have 3rd gen F-sports eat dust!