IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Looking to buy an ISF. 2009 or later models?

Old 06-14-13, 07:47 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by kdm

vbb - Yeah, I heard good things about JL Audio. What do you recommend me to install if I don't want any hardcore pumping bass? I just want more richness and depth to the bass (which currently, again, is seriously lacking). Just add a sub in the trunk? Please enlighten me; I'm not too knowledgeable about audio systems...
all you need is a single 10" sub and somewhere north of 200W rms to it to give you the full bottom end that the stock ML system is missing. I find the ML mids and highs to been good. I have a custom designed box that takes up a minimal amount of trunk space and hides all wires (I've lost use of the ski pass through, but I never needed it anyway) and like I said, with 300W rms it sounds great. I have the gains on the amp all the way down, and my system bass set to +1 and on a rock song it sounds nice and full, and on a hip hop song I can set the volume to about 32-35 and you can feel the bass in your chest. It's all I'll ever need.

Total equipment was relatively inexpensive too. Something less than $750 for everything.
Old 06-16-13, 03:56 AM
lunaC42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the 2010 wheels, and get a lot of compliments on them. but yes, they are a pita to clean. Thinking about some simpler matte black wheels in the near future.

Agree on the weak stereo...don't understand it, all my other ML systems have been awesome. May have to invest in a subwoofer as well.

Welcome to CL and the F community!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 06-16-13, 11:04 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lunaC42
I love the 2010 wheels, and get a lot of compliments on them. but yes, they are a pita to clean. Thinking about some simpler matte black wheels in the near future.

Agree on the weak stereo...don't understand it, all my other ML systems have been awesome. May have to invest in a subwoofer as well.

Welcome to CL and the F community!
Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Thanks, luna! I mean, the ML is alright when listening to songs at an idle state. But once the car is running, it's a different story. As for the wheels, I'm in a dilemma. There are days where the wheels look fantastic and other times where I wish I had the blades. Not sure if I really want to go through the whole fiasco of swapping or buying new tires and getting them installed. Maybe they will grow on me it has been just a couple days...