IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Finally Installing the Sikky Headers - Question About A/F Sensors and Manifold Gasket

Old 06-01-13, 06:04 PM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally Installing the Sikky Headers - Question About A/F Sensors and Manifold Gasket

I bought some Sikky headers about 6 months ago and am finally getting them to the shop for installation. The mechanic told me he was unable to remove the primary O2 (AFR) sensors without stripping them, so I need to buy a pair of replacement sensors.

I remember seeing a thread that had the aftermarket replacement sensor part numbers that JE Imports uses, but I can't seem to find it now. Or even better, is there a replacement I can buy from my local autoparts store? Anybody have a replacement P/N they can point me toward? I found this: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...5_0_1784_97999 but just want to make sure they're the right ones.

Also, for you guys who've already installed your Sikky headers, did you buy new exhaust manifold gaskets or just re-use the OEM ones? They don't come with the Sikky hardware kit, so I guess they're not really needed? I took blitz's advice and am having them double up on the OEM + sikky o-ring gaskets.

Last edited by Aggression; 06-01-13 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-01-13, 06:17 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wonder if your mechanic used an actual o2 sensor socket

if he did, i think its unlikely that he wouldve stripped it. he probably used a regular
wrench. if thats the case, HE needs to pony up and replace the sensor for poor
shop practice.

speaking from general shop practices:
usually you can reuse gaskets from the exhaust system (manifold, pipe flanges, etc)
as long as they are in good condition.

but you never DONT want to use a gasket, there will be an exhaust leak for sure.
Old 06-01-13, 07:19 PM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I replaced my headers I put in 2 new Denso 234-9048 I purchased from Amazon.
Old 06-01-13, 09:25 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

It's common for the sensor to strip when trying to remove it. It happen to both me and my buddy when we had our headers installed. The thread on the sensor it self stripped, not the head of it. Also we try replacing the sensor with a local auto shop non oem and we ran into many issue where we were still getting a cel, so we end up purching a new one from Lexus and all was fixed. Been about a year and no problem yet. Knock on wood. Lol. Gl. Also make sure the sensor is installed before the headers goes on, because you will not be able to install the sensor on the passenger side once its on.
Old 06-02-13, 09:47 AM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by quarius
When I replaced my headers I put in 2 new Denso 234-9048 I purchased from Amazon.
Thanks for that P/N! I was able to use that to find plenty of threads on the subject.