IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Description of USB Paint...

Old 05-21-13, 11:56 AM
USBfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Description of USB Paint...

Hey guys,

Sorry for starting a new thread, but just wanted to get a few questions answered that I seem to be getting mixed/contorted info about...

The Ultrasonic Blue Mica paint that's unique to the IS-Fs, is the paint code "8U1"? And is it called Ultrasonic Blue Mica or Metallic? And finally, does this paint have pearl and metallic flake to it, or just one or the other; and if it's only got one component, which is it?

Long story short, I've built a custom truck (a Regular Cab Short Bed F-250) and I absolutely love the paint on these cars, so I've chosen to paint my truck USB - however, my local Lexus dealership here doesn't have a USB IS-F on the lot that I can look at, and I don't know anyone who has one that's nearby. I'm wanting to add some flair to the paint, but I don't know if it necessarily needs any...

Does anyone own a USB IS-F that happens to live near the Macon/Warner Robins, Georgia area? I'd love to check the color out in person.

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-21-13, 12:38 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes, 8u1 - ultrasonic blue mica is the correct paint code
Old 05-21-13, 01:11 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

I think Ultrasonic Blue Mica is an exclusive color to F-sport models, not just the ISF. So you can actually broaden your search by trying to find a USB CT200h F-sport or an ISx50 F-sport.

USB is a real eye catching color. It pops out not just in daylight but at night under ambient lighting. You can't go wrong with it.
Old 05-21-13, 01:43 PM
USBfan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys! My paint guy just called me back and said that he found the paint and it has "a lot" of pearl in it. Haha! I kinda wish that I could see this color in person, but almost every picture I've seen of it - it looks incredible.
Old 05-21-13, 02:21 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yea its more of a metallic its a really cool color and will deff stand out on a truck
Old 05-21-13, 02:51 PM
USBfan
Driver School Candidate

I hope so! And don't worry... I won't let you guys down. If it's gonna rock a USB paint job, it's gonna have to represent! The truck is going to be making close to 830~ish rwhp and about 1600 lbs/tq (gotta love diesels) before nitrous when I'm done building it. With nitrous, it should be over 1000rwhp and over 2000 lbs/tq!

The majority of that build won't happen until next year (got a wedding to plan/pay for). Thanks for the help guys!
Old 05-21-13, 03:59 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^. Hahaha that is awesome!!!! Yea diesels are by far superior when modded they throw down some crazy power that is going to be one sweet build good luck and post pictures down the road
Old 05-21-13, 04:07 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by USBfan
Thanks guys! My paint guy just called me back and said that he found the paint and it has "a lot" of pearl in it. Haha! I kinda wish that I could see this color in person, but almost every picture I've seen of it - it looks incredible.
Looking forward to seeing your beastly truck with the USB color on it and sharing it with a buddy of mine who also has a modified diesel truck!

I've had my USB F since 2008 and never tire of the color and it gets lots of compliments. Under certain lighting it really stands out. Attached is a picture of my car in my garage under Daylight LED lights with ZERO photoshop or any other corrections made. The color also really stands out under most parking lot lighting.
Attached Thumbnails Description of USB Paint...-photo.jpg  
Old 05-21-13, 04:37 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USB is basically a rip off Nissan Daytona Blue
Old 05-21-13, 04:48 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by staman
USB is basically a rip off Nissan Daytona Blue[/IMG]
Similar, but I don't think it's a rip off. The USB has a slight purplish mix to it whereas that Nissan is very blue.
Old 05-21-13, 05:30 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

owned a daytona blue 350z vert before and it's a solid blue whereas the USB is purple in a lot of lighting.

i would USB is closer to supra color royal saphire blue pearl and hondas eletron blue pearl
Old 05-21-13, 06:21 PM
USBfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Murph145
^. Hahaha that is awesome!!!! Yea diesels are by far superior when modded they throw down some crazy power that is going to be one sweet build good luck and post pictures down the road
Yeah, I had no clue that diesels were that "under tuned" from the factory - especially the newer platforms (08+). Jesus... you're talking 630 rwhp/1300 lbs/tq with just intake, exhaust, and a programmer. Crazy man...

Originally Posted by caymandive
Looking forward to seeing your beastly truck with the USB color on it and sharing it with a buddy of mine who also has a modified diesel truck!

I've had my USB F since 2008 and never tire of the color and it gets lots of compliments. Under certain lighting it really stands out. Attached is a picture of my car in my garage under Daylight LED lights with ZERO photoshop or any other corrections made. The color also really stands out under most parking lot lighting.
You got it! I'll post some pics of the new build once it's painted. I'll keep you guys updated on the build too - when it happens. The plans involve taking the 6.0L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel out and swapping it for a Cummins Common Rail with a nice (BIG) set of compound turbos.

LOVE that color. Can't wait to see my truck this color - hell.... I can't wait to see it one solid color. Haha! Right now, the hood is white, body is charcoal beige, bed is silver, tailgate is gold, rollpan is black... it's... unfinished.... yeah.....

I actually looked at that blue, but I definitely prefer the USB paint compared to the Daytona Blue. To be honest, the blue that I wanted to paint my truck was originally the blue that comes on the new Subaru WRX Concept car...

However, since it's a concept - I can't get the paint code yet. Subaru announced that this blue is new, calling it World Rally Blue Pearl 3 (or something like that) - however! I'm very happy with the USB paint - I can't wait to see this thing in person!
Old 05-21-13, 08:05 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Dang Cayman, that pic looks awesome. I wanted blue so bad, but I took the best condition and closest to me. werent any blues for sale
Old 05-21-13, 09:16 PM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

b e a u ti ful
Old 06-19-13, 12:18 PM
USBfan
Driver School Candidate

Just thought I'd update this... getting the truck back from the paint shop on Friday - they have to paint the front bumper and door handles, and then they're done. This is the truck so far. I'm excited!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Description of USB Paint...