IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Did anyone else get one of these from the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-13, 06:17 PM
thatnewguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did anyone else get one of these from the factory?

Came out to the car to take the wife to dinner and as soon as she sat down she jumped back out, screamed and ran to the front yard. I thought it was a prank that someone was playing on me but he was real. I think he'd been in the car a while as he didn't move and gave me time to get a dust pan to fling him out of the car. After that he still didn't run so I scooped him up and threw him in the woods.

I gave the car a once over looking for more and luckily found none. I did find that my sunflower seed bag that was in the driver side door pocket was shredded. Guess he found some food he liked.

I still have no idea how the little bastard got in though.
Old 05-12-13, 06:29 PM
Fivepoint0
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crazy!, glad that u caught him when u did and no damage was done . Hope he didn't find any wires as food.
Old 05-12-13, 06:49 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

At least it is a mouse and not a rat. I live right near the water, and freaking huge rats will make a home in my shed in the backyard during the winter if I don't keep it sealed up at all times. If I saw a rat in my car, I'd probably shriek like a girl and run away, lol.

It is really strange that the mouse got in to your car though. I've read that they can flatten themselves out and squeeze into really tight spaces when they're motivated, but I wouldn't think a car would be one of them.
Old 05-12-13, 07:25 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
At least it is a mouse and not a rat. I live right near the water, and freaking huge rats will make a home in my shed in the backyard during the winter if I don't keep it sealed up at all times. If I saw a rat in my car, I'd probably shriek like a girl and run away, lol.

It is really strange that the mouse got in to your car though. I've read that they can flatten themselves out and squeeze into really tight spaces when they're motivated, but I wouldn't think a car would be one of them.
All new models have a mouse as standard equipment.
Old 05-12-13, 07:28 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha wow, I also wonder how it got in...
Old 05-12-13, 07:33 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EJC
All new models have a mouse as standard equipment.
We never had this option in Canada....
So I got my mouse on e-Bay

Digger08
Old 05-12-13, 07:34 PM
thatnewguy
Driver

I've been thinking about where I could have picked him up. I had to go to a graduation Friday and parked off of the road pulled up against the woods. We also took some professional pictures and the lady lives in BFE in the middle of fields of some kind of sprouting green stuff. But both times the car was obviously shut.
Old 05-12-13, 07:35 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thatnewguy
I've been thinking about where I could have picked him up. I had to go to a graduation Friday and parked off of the road pulled up against the woods. We also took some professional pictures and the lady lives in BFE in the middle of fields of some kind of sprouting green stuff. But both times the car was obviously shut.
lol thats wild man. idk how he would get in.
Old 05-12-13, 08:36 PM
cmsal168
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't that the mouse you use to control the navi, audio, cd and the various menus on the screen? Hmmmm. :-)
Old 05-12-13, 08:48 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

Hahaha. Looks like someone is admiring the interior of your F.
Old 05-12-13, 09:10 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

I didnt know the F comes with a mouse. It would have been easier than the touch screen. lol
Old 05-12-13, 09:45 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

DUH...you're suppose to have that from the factory. Isn't that what the new cars have to control the navi so that you don't have to touch it?
Old 05-12-13, 09:48 PM
PrezJay
Driver

lol dang you have to be careful with those. I had one hide in my previous car's engine bay and he chewed up my foglight wiring harness. I was wondering why my light wasn't working until I saw a dead mouse underneath my car
Old 05-12-13, 11:05 PM
2008ISF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Check your cabin air filter. From what we have seen at our shop, these little guys like to climb into the engine bay and get into where the fresh air is drawn in. Usually, they end up making a nest in the cabin air filter location, blower box/cage.

We've also seen nests in the air filter box, and also the area under the intake manifolds of V6's and V8's where it is nice and warm.

I have also seen the entire ducting/tubing under the dash on a Sequoia as a mouse habitat.

Last edited by 2008ISF; 05-13-13 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-12-13, 11:09 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for realz? this made me laugh so hard.

+1 on the mouse for navi. i think its a step back. but after all the navi screeen failing i think they are headed in a new direction,.

Quick Reply: Did anyone else get one of these from the factory?