IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Turbo Turbo IS-F on youtube...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-13, 12:20 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
I am new to the is-f and perhaps the rear mounted setup is not a good idea, but coming from the turbo world and having seen many different vehicles personally running rear mounted turbos and even compound turbo setups successfully, I figured it might have worked. for the record on the dyno the ifs made a little over 500whp i believe. no dyno sheet posted but heres the run Lexus IS-F Twin Turbo Dyno Pull - YouTube
heres one making over 600whp Artisan Performance Twin Turbo IS-F Dyno - YouTube
Thats why they didnt post any dyno sheet, because they cant prove any gains on the turbo kit. Except the sound. If they were ever sucessful on turboing the ISF's with proper tunes. A lot of members here would have that set up already. The best thing we have to reach 500whp is NOS.
Old 05-12-13, 12:29 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

I am new to the is-f and perhaps the rear mounted setup is not a good idea, but coming from the turbo world and having seen many different vehicles personally running rear mounted turbos and even compound turbo setups successfully, I figured it might have worked. for the record on the dyno the ifs made a little over 500whp i believe. no dyno sheet posted but heres the run Lexus IS-F Twin Turbo Dyno Pull - YouTube
heres one making over 600whp Artisan Performance Twin Turbo IS-F Dyno - YouTube
How old are you?

How long have you been in the enthusiast game when it comes to cars and tuning?

6lbs of boost on a car that did not come with F/I and no tune......sorry the ECU can only do so much, but not working with 6lbs.

Also, you should really read up on other threads. I will type in cap's so you can understand this;

NO ONE HAS DONE A CUSTOM TUNE ON ANY YEAR ISF...............EVER.

There was a gentlemen on here who sent his ECU to a company who said they can tune it. They never sent back his ECU.

Another guy who did get his ECU back from that same company had no gains in hp/tq.

It's not unlocked. Check any major company who offers tuning for cars. The ISF is NOT on any list.

And yet....these ISF's with forced induction seem to be slower, cra_p-ton of CEL's........and no gains at all.

600hp ISF......show me a dyno sheet and a proper 1/4 mile video.....and someone actually tuning it...... I will bow to your feet and kiss them in high noon public square of your choosing.

The only performance mod's out for an ISF that actually give gains is normal bolt-ons. Cold air intake, headers, exhaust, and then a NOS of your choosing......
Old 05-12-13, 12:30 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fd3sisf
thats why they didnt post any dyno sheet, because they cant prove any gains on the turbo kit. Except the sound. If they were ever sucessful on turboing the isf's with proper tunes. A lot of members here would have that set up already. The best thing we have to reach 500whp is nos.
tsrh

Old 05-12-13, 12:53 PM
rapsquared
Driver

there's one with a tune, a standalone ecu. but didn't make near enough power to justify the costs...
Old 05-12-13, 01:29 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rapsquared
there's one with a tune, a standalone ecu. but didn't make near enough power to justify the costs...
Thought it was a hoax? They did not really tune it just sent it back to the owner? And on dyno it showed a few hp gains....which could have easily been added due to weather and such....
Old 05-12-13, 01:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
No need to gang up on chrisp1, just educate.
Well said. Guys, let's knock off the personal commentary please... not needed.

Originally Posted by Just F Me
You talk a big game for someone that has only 60 something posts and you just bought your car for for roughly 1 month (that's based on your post made on 4/13/13)
Originally Posted by melbitoast
I'm pretty certain this is an example of "owning" someone, or multiple people in this case.
You said exactly what I was thinking while reading these jokers' posts.
Originally Posted by SSxblazer
How old are you?
Old 05-12-13, 06:57 PM
rapsquared
Driver

Thought it was a hoax? They did not really tune it just sent it back to the owner? And on dyno it showed a few hp gains....which could have easily been added due to weather and such....
It wasnt a hoax, I drove the car and spoke with the tuner. See thread "twin turbo in TX"
Old 05-12-13, 08:17 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

How old are you?

31. owned everything from muscle cars(72 dodge demon, 72 chevelle, 71 camaro, 71 mustang mach1 with 351 cleveland, 68 chevelle) to 2 trucks, to a few different imports. Car I just sold was an 06 sti that I owned for 6 years and built the suspension, brakes, and had a completely built motor with a vigilant bottom end, blouch dom3 turbo and meth injection making over 400whp. Quite a bit quicker than the is-f but the is-f is such a great well rounded car that its made it a lot easier to forget about the sti Although I own a small plumbing business I went to trade school and took automotive to be a mechanic. Used to do all my own work but not so much anymore . Everyone seems to want to see dyno sheets so heres the one I have from my sti , car was a beast! For the record no hard feelings, I understand I opened myself up to criticism
Attached Thumbnails Turbo Turbo IS-F on youtube...-imag0392.jpg  

Last edited by chrisp1; 05-12-13 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-12-13, 09:30 PM
tgui
Pole Position

31. owned everything from muscle cars(72 dodge demon, 72 chevelle, 71 camaro, 71 mustang mach1 with 351 cleveland, 68 chevelle) to 2 trucks, to a few different imports. Car I just sold was an 06 sti that I owned for 6 years and built the suspension, brakes, and had a completely built motor with a vigilant bottom end, blouch dom3 turbo and meth injection making over 400whp. Quite a bit quicker than the is-f but the is-f is such a great well rounded car that its made it a lot easier to forget about the sti Although I own a small plumbing business I went to trade school and took automotive to be a mechanic. Used to do all my own work but not so much anymore . Everyone seems to want to see dyno sheets so heres the one I have from my sti , car was a beast! For the record no hard feelings, I understand I opened myself up to criticism
Welcome! My last car was a 2004 STi (bought new, had her for many years) with FP Green, meth, etc.... running 24 PSI on 93 octane daily-no meth. There a couple former STi owners here

Last edited by tgui; 05-12-13 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-12-13, 09:39 PM
tgui
Pole Position

How old are you?

6lbs of boost on a car that did not come with F/I and no tune......sorry the ECU can only do so much, but not working with 6lbs.

Also, you should really read up on other threads. I will type in cap's so you can understand this;

NO ONE HAS DONE A CUSTOM TUNE ON ANY YEAR ISF...............EVER.

There was a gentlemen on here who sent his ECU to a company who said they can tune it. They never sent back his ECU.

Another guy who did get his ECU back from that same company had no gains in hp/tq.

It's not unlocked. Check any major company who offers tuning for cars. The ISF is NOT on any list.

And yet....these ISF's with forced induction seem to be slower, cra_p-ton of CEL's........and no gains at all.

600hp ISF......show me a dyno sheet and a proper 1/4 mile video.....and someone actually tuning it...... I will bow to your feet and kiss them in high noon public square of your choosing.

The only performance mod's out for an ISF that actually give gains is normal bolt-ons. Cold air intake, headers, exhaust, and then a NOS of your choosing......
(I've hacked a few ECUs in my day)... That said, you CAN slap a turbo on a car without tuning and make nice results. Its hard though. I wouldn't recommend it but with meth/water injection you can create a situation where a tubo < 10 psi might make safe power gains. As we have seen from Toyotas past, they run very conservatively with plenty of fuel and probably sane timing. Add some meth and boost and you're probably going to make some gains... with lots of trial and error.

Also, the rear mounted STS turbos are not such a bad thing. While there is a bit of piping that adds to lag when sending exhaust to the turbos, there is the added benefit of cross flow cooling of the compressed air making its way back to the engine, acting as an intercooler. Then there is the issue of there not being any place to mount a couple of turbos in our cramped engine bays.

That said, I think turbos for the ISF are just a bad idea. I would love to see a super charger.
Old 05-12-13, 09:41 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think anyone wanted to see your dyno sheet on whatever car you had. We all just said that these turbo IS Fs don't have any dyno sheets to prove anything.
Old 05-12-13, 11:47 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Still a fact: no Toyota ECU has been unlocked. Not sure why people think the ISF is going to be any different.
Old 05-13-13, 06:36 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I don't think anyone wanted to see your dyno sheet on whatever car you had. We all just said that these turbo IS Fs don't have any dyno sheets to prove anything.
sarcasm
Old 05-13-13, 06:38 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Originally Posted by tgui
Welcome! My last car was a 2004 STi (bought new, had her for many years) with FP Green, meth, etc.... running 24 PSI on 93 octane daily-no meth. There a couple former STi owners here
Those little cars really are fun! You can make some serious power and surprise a lot of people
Old 05-13-13, 09:52 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

For the record no hard feelings, I understand I opened myself up to criticism
Sure did...live and learn right? I stopped reading thread about engine mods in the F forum. Intake, header, exhaust, done...not much more to talk about after that. Are you going to go that route?

sarcasm
Not sarcasm...truth. Am I wrong that no one posted anything about seeing your dyno sheet on your STi. Don't be sad...get glad. Or something like that.

Quick Reply: Turbo Turbo IS-F on youtube...