IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My new F

Old 04-29-13, 08:21 AM
neloner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new F

Ive been a supra fanatic for years and finally got sick of the constant attention from ricers, tickets from police, etc... so I got myself an ISF. Found the car at an insurance auction, recovered theft car. Picked it up for a song and proceeded to fix it up and modify it.

The last of 5 supras. Sold it a couple months ago.

Auction pics, this is all I saw before I bought it, 52k miles, said it started, good enough for me, its a lexus, we all know how reliable they are!

Showed up very dirty but pretty intact. Whipped out the buffers and the paint came back to life pretty quick, and cleaned the inside as well. needed a new battery and I did a quick oil change and she started right up.

Bought a brand new front bumper painted by sewell (what a deal that is!) And bought a set of rims from a member on here. Weds sa-55ms. Spooned on all new tires as well.

Pulled out all of TPMS sensors from the stock wheels and put them in a canister so now I can switch up wheels whenever I feel like. Got a new door from a 2013 is250 painted starfire pearl. Was hoping to do a door panel swap and thats it but the entire wiring harness and speakers, handles etc had to be swapped as the 2013 electrical was quite different from the 2008 F. No biggie, just an extra hours work

Cut out the stock resonator and custom fit in a QTP electric cutout. Best of both worlds, great deep sound when open, and just a hair over stock closed with the lack of resonator.

Also threw in a ML+ system I bought off of here as well as tein springs in the front, and will be putting on SPC front and rear camber kits so i can get the alignment dialed back in. Pretty happy with the car, should make a nice daily driver. Not quite the thrill of the 600, 750, and 1150+ rwhp supras, but much more civil to drive, much newer, and sure to be much more reliable. and much less attention from the 5-0. All good in my book.

Last edited by neloner; 04-29-13 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-29-13, 08:32 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice save and welcome! Glad someone who cares about cars got a hold of this one and fixed her back up to par. Curious was it worth the pickup or did you break about even with the funds you spent?

I also sold my supra to get my F and I don't regret it one bit. It seems the supra made little boys get retarded. I too enjoy the upgrade of interior and luxury.
Old 04-29-13, 08:35 AM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Good work Another F saved and in the hands of a capable owner.
Old 04-29-13, 08:38 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Very nice save. What future plans/mods do you have?
Old 04-29-13, 08:40 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

All those supras
Old 04-29-13, 09:15 AM
neloner
Driver School Candidate

Not much planned in the way of mods. Im very happy with the cutout, great sound open and next to stock closed, no drone anywhere either. Thought about headers but honestly not worth it to me for my intents with the car. Its purpose is not to be the fastest in town, been there done that, but be a fun capable dd, and reliable. Side bonus that it matches my wifes Is350 as well.

Edit: yea, I would say it was worth the pickup, with all the mods and wheels/tires etc Im still well below what an 08 with 52k mile would run used. Im happy with it.
Old 04-29-13, 09:36 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Great Supra you had in the first few pics. It's great that you fixed up the dents and dings. It certainly does look like a brand new car. Nice pick-up and enjoy the F!
Old 04-29-13, 09:37 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Welcome
Old 04-29-13, 09:38 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Very nice restoration. I see that you are in NY, so I would recommend you join NEISF, it brings us Northeast ISF's together: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sf-thread.html.

You JUST missed the ISF mega meet this past weekend, but I am planning an NYC rally in May some time. Which part of NY are you in?
Old 04-29-13, 10:40 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

wow!! your pretty determined to make this F back to it's normal state plus more. Good job and welcome to CL. How much did you get the F for??
Old 04-29-13, 10:49 AM
neloner
Driver School Candidate

Im way out in western NY so probably wont be making any of the meets down by the city, 5.5hr drive from me. Ill check out the site though.
Old 04-29-13, 10:56 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing the progress updates. Congrats on your new pickup and welcome to CL.
Old 04-29-13, 10:59 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Pretty awesome man
Old 04-29-13, 11:06 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by neloner
Im way out in western NY so probably wont be making any of the meets down by the city, 5.5hr drive from me. Ill check out the site though.
Ah i see, no problem. Being the leader of NEISF I can say I've met the majority of the Northeast ISF owners. A few ISF owners on the NY list are upstate...YotaTech, Pierre2k5 and localnark. I'll add you to the NY list regardless.
Old 04-29-13, 11:20 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. Great Pick-up. If I had your skillset I wouldve done the same. Congratulations and Welcome to CL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new F