IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Headlight condensation problem ?

Old 04-24-13, 04:35 PM
kteng7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headlight condensation problem ?

It was raining hard in the past two days here and saw my F's right headlight has condensation problem, see pics below. Does any know if this cover under warranty ? I have 09 and the warranty is about to expired so want to know if this problem covers it so i can go get it fix.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-24-13, 04:58 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes it's definitely covered, I think I need to get mine in before my warranty expires also
Old 04-25-13, 09:01 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

you may wanna take it to a dealer to get it replace/fix before your warranty expires.
Old 04-25-13, 10:13 AM
kteng7
Driver

thanks guys, I contacted the service manager and still waiting on his reply. I will most likely extended the warranty anyway.
Old 04-25-13, 11:52 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you take it there when the water still in the headligth housing and have them take pictures so that could forward to Lexus HQ.
Old 04-25-13, 01:37 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I had the exact same problem on my 09 F.

Passenger side headlight condensation.

Replaced under warranty.

Driver side headlight still OK, but my warranty is about to expire in one month.
Old 04-29-13, 11:30 AM
kteng7
Driver

Just receive this e-mail from one of the manager from Lexus, I not even sure if he/she knows what condensation is, my best hope for now is that it will rain on Thursday when i go in for service.

Dear Kevin, I see you’re inquiring about condensation in your headlight. Usually it is not covered, as the condensation will dissipate with heat and sunlight time. With all the rain we have had, it is no surprise that you may notice it.

We will look at it at your appointment for you.

Margo Bey
Customer Satisfaction Manager
Old 04-29-13, 11:36 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WTF.. of course it is covered under factory warranty... condensation in the headlight not only looks bad, it can damage the headlight. Electrical parts + precipitation = bad
Old 04-29-13, 11:46 AM
kteng7
Driver

exactly !!! I am really pissed off because of this e-mail, however, my service consultant did agree that it is cover factory warranty and told me he ordered the new headlight. I have no idea what's going on over at the dealer, but I hope my service consultant will keep his words when i go in.
Old 05-05-13, 12:30 AM
PoGo702
Driver School Candidate

Red face

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
WTF.. of course it is covered under factory warranty... condensation in the headlight not only looks bad, it can damage the headlight. Electrical parts + precipitation = bad
Geeeeez....I Am Pretty Pissed-Off Right Now
I Had the EXACT same Problem in my '08 Neiman Marcus ISF Fairly Recently...
I'm Not Liking My Service Rep. right now...As soon as I Just Told Him, without he even looking at the Car, said almost right away that It's Not Covered Under the Warranty; I'm Thinking How Would He Know so soon that it's Not Covered?? I Would think myself it's Not Something I Caused, or Had The Ability to Properly Maintain/Care For to Prevent this from Occuring...Told him I Had the Extended Warranty, & He Did like a "Double-Take" , look Surprised, Sort Of..Then Said that I didn't have an Extended, or He Didn't Think I had an Extended so I told Him to Go Check!...I Really Don't Care for the Fact that I Think This Guy Is Trying to INSULT ME, so I just Play Cool, Low-Class Me (Low-Class, but with High-Income!)..Checks Out Valid, But Still...NOT COVERED, as he Says...But We'll Wait for the Notification from Lexus HQ to See for Sure!..I Turn the Key over to my O.G. (Original Gangster) SIster, and Told Her to "Sick Em"!
She is the One Who had Bought The Car for Me in Cash, and I am just Paying Her Back with 0% APR...When It Comes to these type of Things, My Own Personal Best Bet is to ALways Recruit Her, as I Have Seen How she Can Lay the Smack-Down on Folks, if they Want to Play..Anyhow, As It Turns...She got them to Cover the Cost of the Part, (I Believe it's only the one on the driver's side), which turns out to be like $1.2k (for the pair!)!!, While I cover the cost of Labor, right about $200..After the Bickering I had to go through to get where I was at, I Figured I couldn't Ask for any better a Deal, So I just Went with it...Now, Looking at this Thread, Stirred up the Cow Patties...I'm Kinda Getting A Conspiracy-Theory Going on Over @ My Lexus, and it's Between the Service Department's Rep.'s & Manager's to the Headquarters! So, Do All Lexus Dealerships or "Stealerships" have the same General Policy Policy @ Least when it comes to these type of things?..Thank You in Advance
Old 05-05-13, 01:19 AM
kteng7
Driver

oh wow, maybe you should go to another Lexus dealership man. I finally went to the dealership two days ago and had it fix without any problem, my service rep didn't even want to look at the headlight b/c he already ordered the headlight for me before I went down there. I even told him I lost my SECOND rear tow hook cover and he was willing to ship/give me a new one for free under warranty. But man, I think you really should go to another dealership, cuz they shouldn't treat an ISF owner like that.
Old 05-06-13, 04:35 AM
PoGo702
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kteng7
oh wow, maybe you should go to another Lexus dealership man. I finally went to the dealership two days ago and had it fix without any problem, my service rep didn't even want to look at the headlight b/c he already ordered the headlight for me before I went down there. I even told him I lost my SECOND rear tow hook cover and he was willing to ship/give me a new one for free under warranty. But man, I think you really should go to another dealership, cuz they shouldn't treat an ISF owner like that.
Yeah, I think On this One, I will just Call It a Loss!...It seems like some sort of "Conspiracy" behind Lexus's Closed Doors or Something, Like the Rep. talked to the Manager ahead of time, and they had something worked out with the Headquarters..OK, maybe Not, but Regardless, I'm Feeling that Lexus, with their Good Repoire of Satisfied Owners, have basic Policies that Do Not Change from Dealership to Dealership, Unless I'm Totally Wrong...I'm Contemplating Printing this Entire THread Out and Taking It to them by Surprise and See What They Say...Call There Ahead of Time and Ask them if Lexus's Policy Differs from Dealership to Dealership and whatnot..I Just want to Catch them Slipping...Because what happend to Me is Seems Pretty Shady...TSK TSK Lexus Las Vegas, Esp. When We Pick Up one of Their Flagship Models (But I LOVE my IS-F THo!)
Old 05-06-13, 07:06 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Just noticed condensation in my passenger side headlight. Anyone have a solution without taking it to the dealership or replacing the headlight?
Old 05-14-13, 11:45 AM
PoGo702
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CK9887
Just noticed condensation in my passenger side headlight. Anyone have a solution without taking it to the dealership or replacing the headlight?
I heard something about removing the back part of it /or removing the light out of the socket(s) and letting it air-dry out....Mine was so condensed with droplets of water that it casued the bulb to intermittently go off, before finally just going out, and there was way too much water in mine to dry out