Topspeed Pro n1 prototype exhaust for the F

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-13, 10:55 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Topspeed Pro n1 prototype exhaust for the F

'

i have topspeed exhaust before on other cars , quality isn't the same as joe z , hks, etc, but they are usually priced 300-500 and the quality is not too bad for the price. seems interesting for the budget people.
Old 04-04-13, 11:08 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that brand on my SC lol
Old 04-04-13, 11:16 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really feeling the tip or sound. I rather fetch in the money for something better.
Old 04-05-13, 01:14 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is that your car or just a clip you found on YouTube?
Old 04-05-13, 04:47 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds pretty good...only thing that's bothering me now about my exhaust mod is the raspiness at high RPM's
Old 04-05-13, 05:32 AM
atl08isf
Rookie

sounds pretty good, clean up the tips tho or use the factory tips
Old 04-05-13, 05:34 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i wanna see a pic of the exhaust, ,pipe sizing?
Old 04-05-13, 09:22 AM
JonahSays
Driver School Candidate

Talking Long Time Reader - First Time Poster

Hey Guys,

That's my car in the video. I was preparing some big time announcement as my first post to the community, but it looks like someone beat me to the punch. I'll save my introductions for the new members section - let me just explain the exhaust

I got together with John from Topspeed last week and had this installed on my car over the weekend. His approach to the IS-F is to create products which are moderately priced as the car becomes more accessible to various demographics. That being said, he's used my car to prototype this exhaust and intends to refine it in the coming weeks. I'm going back to the shop on Monday to give him my feedback.

The tone is humble unless you feel like driving it aggressively. The only drone i noticed was minimal between 1500-2000rpm - you wouldn't even hear it with music playing. I'm not a fan of the tips either. We actually took universal tips, matted them black, and tac welded them on the mufflers to get a sense of what approach he'd like to take with the future designs. Originally, he intended this exhaust to be applied with the stock tips. I'm a sucker for the ISS forged look, so I took the free tips he offered me lol.

The exhaust is designed completely different from what i'm used to seeing. There are 2 pipes leading in to each muffler with 2 pipes exiting - true quad. It looks super aggressive if you're at a low enough angle to see under the car. Much like the other systems out there, we deleted the rear cats, and i'm going to fit some smaller resonators on my next visit. There were some fitment issues when it came to the rear diff and we also had to custom weld an H pipe behind the resonators. All these kinks should be worked out after I take my car back, and they get some proper measurements.

I'll post some better sound clips/pictures as the exhaust evolves. The drive by is sexy if i say so myself. Also, TopSpeed intends on making headers and a full carbon fiber intake set up soon, so hopefully I can bring that to realization and contribute to the F community a bit more.
Attached Thumbnails Topspeed Pro n1 prototype exhaust for the F-exhaust1.jpg   Topspeed Pro n1 prototype exhaust for the F-exhaust2.jpg  

Last edited by JonahSays; 04-05-13 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-05-13, 11:04 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

The tips look tiny compared to the ISS. The design looks good and reminds me of the Greddy Ti exhaust. With the 2 pipes going into each muffler, it looks very low to the ground. It would look better to have the pipe horizontally parallel to each other than vertically parallel. Just a suggestion. Keep us updated!
Old 04-05-13, 11:29 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

looks like quality stuff. in for better vids. how much does the system weigh?? looks kinda heavy.
Old 04-05-13, 12:51 PM
JonahSays
Driver School Candidate

I'm not a fan of the tips either. They don't adequately fill out the bumper, and the mufflers sit too far back. I'm going to make my recommendations to TopSpeed prior to the next version's production. The system weighs about 50lbs as it stands now. The next version should include a fully fabricated x-pipe rather than the custom h-pipe job we did at the shop, but i don't foresee that dropping the weight too dramatically lol.

Clearance was another concern when I saw I only had about 4 inches once the car was let off the lift. Fortunately, our cars are pretty stiff, the pipes land almost dead center in the wheels and I haven't bottomed out (even with one of my buddies hitting a deep dip at about 60mph ). My recommendation for the next version is to have the quad pipes that run into the muffler sit closer together.

I will keep you all posted on the updates. Thanks for the interest and feedback!
Old 04-05-13, 02:00 PM
Nameless1
Rookie

The only real thing I hate about my ISF is the cost for modifications. If TOPSPEED comes out with some quality yet reasonably priced stuff, I may find that there isn't anything to hate. Definitely interested.
Old 04-05-13, 02:34 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

nice exhaust, I like the quad piping a lot.
looking forward to seeing you polished version!
Old 04-05-13, 03:39 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

What's the damage gonna be?
Old 04-05-13, 04:15 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 77 Posts

subscribed.... I'm also curious to see what it sounds like inside of the car while driving, costs, and weight.

Quick Reply: Topspeed Pro n1 prototype exhaust for the F