Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks great, and Black is probably the hardest colour to get right
Old 04-02-13, 09:10 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Brisman
Looks outstanding, well worth the money.

It takes a lot of time and money to get this sort of result, I think a few of us appreciate the effort required.

Obsidian is so hard to keep from scratching/marring, I'm interested in your "Glass Coat", any further info.?

Is it a ceramic coating?

Product Information

-Amazing level of gloss and shine that commands your attention
-Protects the paint for up to 24 months!
-VX1 Pro provides slightly higher levels of gloss and protection
-Made of high silica-content glass that creates an incredibly strong protective barrier

Product Description
If you are looking to apply an extremely strong protective coating that will leave an incredible layer of gloss simultaneously then the 22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating is for you. This product is a truly unique form of protection that is unlike traditional sealants or waxes but applies just as easy. VX1 Pro will leave behind a hardened high silica-content glass barrier between your paint and harmful environmental elements. It protects the surface in a unique way so contamination will not readily stick to the surface. Later on your wash mitt will glide across the paint with ease, removing the contamination safely and easily. Water will even bead and roll off the surface like never before, making the drying process faster and safer which reduces the risk of marring the paint! The protection is strong but also extremely durable making it far superior to traditional waxes and sealants. While sealants and waxes provide you with up to 6 months of protection, you can expect a whopping 18-24 months with VX1 Pro! If you're worried about the shine don't bother because it is a warm and deep gloss that commands your attention. Since you're literally applying a glass like coating to the surface you're getting that "hard candy" or "wet" appearance everyone loves. This coating will truly distinguish your vehicle from others and preserve it's value for years to come. If you are looking for a semi-permanent paint coating that makes the paint look better than new while offering durable protection then the 22ple VX1 Pro is for you!

VX1 Pro Glass Coating vs. 22ple VX1 Signature Glass Coating
Both coatings are very durable and look great. The Pro version was designed with a higher level of silica which provides a slightly higher level of gloss and protection.
Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
Hard to believe that the paint on a 2011 can get so bad so quick. It's why I went with SFP for a DD, but have to admit the black looks very good when it's flawless like yours appears to be now. That hood shot is amazing!
^I've seen brand new cars that look as bad as that... I'm talking about cars on the show room floor. Dealership "detailers" make a mess out of cars.

Originally Posted by Just F Me
the last pic looks the best! (not the aventador pic)

One thing is i don't believe in those treatments that last 1-2 years or whatever. IMO...not worth it. But all that really matters is how you like it.
^22ple is a quality product that will easily live up to it's durability claims. This is not the rubbish "Protector" package type products that dealerships offer. Another popular coating used by professional detailers is Opti-Coat 2.0. It is a ceramic coating and will last the life of the car.
*All of this is assuming that you actually care for your vehicle properly in the first place.
Old 04-02-13, 09:14 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by snea
Gah! This is why I don't want a black car. Those small imperfections always seem much more apparent. Plus I'm pretty sure there isn't any place anywhere reasonably close to me that could do that kind of work.

The results really look great!
Where exactly are you in Florida? I know there are TONS of detailers down there that do amazing work.
Old 04-02-13, 10:32 AM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
The car looks excellent! Pretty significant difference with professional work. Nothing like the feeling of driving around in a clean car.
Tell me about it! Lots of people turning their necks yesterday! LOL Thanks!

Originally Posted by EGI IS350
wow car looks amazing.
Thanks fella

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
Hard to believe that the paint on a 2011 can get so bad so quick. It's why I went with SFP for a DD, but have to admit the black looks very good when it's flawless like yours appears to be now. That hood shot is amazing!
Gah! This is why I don't want a black car. Those small imperfections always seem much more apparent. Plus I'm pretty sure there isn't any place anywhere reasonably close to me that could do that kind of work.

Lots of the scratches came when I bought the car. Previous owner didnt care for it But thanks for looking and commenting

the last pic looks the best! (not the aventador pic)

One thing is i don't believe in those treatments that last 1-2 years or whatever. IMO...not worth it. But all that really matters is how you like it.
Thanks men!

Originally Posted by joedr
That looks very good!

Black color is a pain to keep it that way.

Love the last pic for sure.
Yeah! Black is a PITA!! LOL

Thanks bro! Make a good search. Also zmcgovern4 might know somebody in the area.

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Great shine from 22PLE! Amazing product, and it definitely is worth the price IMO. especially with Obsidian. The shine and reflection really get amplified with this product. I've always used Blackfire on my F, which I already knew did a great job at enhancing the "wet" look of the car, but combined with 22PLE, it looks amazing!
Thanks men! I tottaly feel the price was worth it! Every peny! Ima get that Blackfire also

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Looks great man. Glad you found someone to treat your car right... so many sketchy "detailers" around these days who claim they know what they are doing and just make things worse. Definitely worth the money to pay for quality work! Great choice!

I've had 22ple VX1 Pro on my car for 6 months now and it still shines and beads water like the day I applied it. You'll love it.

Hopefully he explained to you (or you already know?) the proper washing and drying methods (2-3 bucket method with grit guards) so you can keep those swirls away!

Once again, simply stunning... enjoy that gorgeous car!
You are right about some ''detailers''. Last year I brought the car to a place to get the swirls out, charged me like $300, and he didnt do ****e. After that, I learned that it had to be a pro.

I learned a few tricks on how to maintain the looks in the autogeek forum from a guy called zmcg... OH!!!, wait a minute!!! It was you!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Defratos
Looks great, and Black is probably the hardest colour to get right
Thanks men
Old 04-02-13, 11:42 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Where exactly are you in Florida? I know there are TONS of detailers down there that do amazing work.
I'm in Panama City. I've looked for a local place before without any luck. There are places in town that do a decent wash and wax I was never able to find anywhere that specialized in paint correction. Maybe in Destin or Pensacola. Definitely Tampa, Orlando, and south Florida. But not Panama!
Old 04-02-13, 02:08 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I'm in Panama City. I've looked for a local place before without any luck. There are places in town that do a decent wash and wax I was never able to find anywhere that specialized in paint correction. Maybe in Destin or Pensacola. Definitely Tampa, Orlando, and south Florida. But not Panama!
If you would truly like to find someone... I would suggest joining & posting a "Help Wanted" type of thread on AutoGeek's Forum. There are THOUSANDS of detailers on the site - many of them who may not show up in the yellow pages or google maps because they work part time on weekends, but they all are very knowledgeable and very capable. Just ask for examples of their work before committing to anything, of course.

You could also invest some time and money and learn how to do it yourself if it is something that interests you. Paint correction is not rocket science, and with the dual action polishers that are available today - it is very safe. Even for a first timer.
Old 04-02-13, 03:53 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ha; there is not that many ferarri's in the state of Vermont yet alone at one shop
Old 04-02-13, 04:19 PM
Cyclerider
Driver School Candidate

Very sharp! I'm particular with mine & it never looked that good. Black is tough, but it's gorgeous when it's done right. Congrats!

I like the fog lamps too. Where did you get them?
Old 04-02-13, 11:13 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

^22ple is a quality product that will easily live up to it's durability claims. This is not the rubbish "Protector" package type products that dealerships offer. Another popular coating used by professional detailers is Opti-Coat 2.0. It is a ceramic coating and will last the life of the car.
*All of this is assuming that you actually care for your vehicle properly in the first place.
Impossible. It will not last a life time. That's like telling me that you're going to sell me a body lotion that i'm going to apply once, and i'll never have to use lotion again and my skin will always be soft and smooth.

Think about this...Meguiars..one of the world's LARGEST manufacture of car care products and NOW OWNED by 3M...why do they not have a product like this Opti-Coat 2.0? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK! There's way too many variables... "what is care for your car properly in the first place" exactly mean? So i wash my car with dish soap...is that proper? I wash my car with Meguiar's gold class...is that proper? I wash my car with Chemical guys...is that proper? Who's the judge of this? TOO MANY VARIABLES.

I'm not doubting that it's a great product and it probably lasts a few months, but for a life time ? Not gonna happen. Even if you care of it. Unless it actually forms a full on HARDENED layer like a clear coat. Self leveling? dude...common...you really buy this marketing BS?

ALSO...this is a product that costs $70 bucks...why ins't EVERY car detailer using it? Why aren't the car manufactures using it?!

Please...don't come on the forums and tell people about products that are unproven.

So is below the wax the ultimate wax in the world?

http://www.autosupermart.com/store/s...yaleglaze.html

"Zymol Royale glaze. Originally formulated to protect the funish of the Bugatti Royale, a rare late 1920's ultra-luxury car (only about 6 were made) so meticulously crafted and exquisitely engineered tha ttoday it is considered a work of art. Suitable for all paint types and colours. Royale Glaze contains 70% Brazilian No.1 White Carnauba by volume. This container is Refilled for LIFE at NO Charge. "

^^^^LOL...so it's made for only 6 Bugatti's? Paint in the 1920s are nothing like the paint like today. Paint in the past could have been lacquers where today we have water based electrostatically charged paint. The car was made by multiple coach builders, and the cars were probably all painted at different times.
Old 04-03-13, 05:05 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impossible. It will not last a life time. That's like telling me that you're going to sell me a body lotion that i'm going to apply once, and i'll never have to use lotion again and my skin will always be soft and smooth.

Think about this...Meguiars..one of the world's LARGEST manufacture of car care products and NOW OWNED by 3M...why do they not have a product like this Opti-Coat 2.0? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK! There's way too many variables... "what is care for your car properly in the first place" exactly mean? So i wash my car with dish soap...is that proper? I wash my car with Meguiar's gold class...is that proper? I wash my car with Chemical guys...is that proper? Who's the judge of this? TOO MANY VARIABLES.

I'm not doubting that it's a great product and it probably lasts a few months, but for a life time ? Not gonna happen. Even if you care of it. Unless it actually forms a full on HARDENED layer like a clear coat. Self leveling? dude...common...you really buy this marketing BS?

ALSO...this is a product that costs $70 bucks...why ins't EVERY car detailer using it? Why aren't the car manufactures using it?!

Please...don't come on the forums and tell people about products that are unproven.

So is below the wax the ultimate wax in the world?

http://www.autosupermart.com/store/s...yaleglaze.html

"Zymol Royale glaze. Originally formulated to protect the funish of the Bugatti Royale, a rare late 1920's ultra-luxury car (only about 6 were made) so meticulously crafted and exquisitely engineered tha ttoday it is considered a work of art. Suitable for all paint types and colours. Royale Glaze contains 70% Brazilian No.1 White Carnauba by volume. This container is Refilled for LIFE at NO Charge. "

^^^^LOL...so it's made for only 6 Bugatti's? Paint in the 1920s are nothing like the paint like today. Paint in the past could have been lacquers where today we have water based electrostatically charged paint. The car was made by multiple coach builders, and the cars were probably all painted at different times.
I hate to tell you that Opti Coat will last the life of your vehicle and 22ple will last anywhere from 18-24 months. Just search on google and you will find tons of information.

Zymol Royale glaze on the other hand could make sense to buy depending how young you are and how much wax you use. Im 18 and I go through about $100 thing of wax every 8 months so If I kept up with my current usage and did not start buying a more or less expensive wax it would take about 12 years which would put me at 32 years old and never have to pay for wax again.... I may have to do this

Last edited by zapa; 04-03-13 at 05:12 AM.
Old 04-03-13, 05:39 AM
jack7824
Driver School Candidate

Opti-Coat 2.0 is a clearcoat. This is from the manufacturer:

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is a clear resin coating, much like the clear coat that already exists on your vehicle. And just like your factory clear coat, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is meant to be permanent! Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 can be applied to all exterior surfaces. It is not recommended for glass since improper application can affect visibility. For other exterior surfaces, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is a highly effective, transparent protective coating.
Because Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is permanent, the paint finish has to be properly prepared before applying it. Any blemishes or contamination on the paint will be permanently locked in so remove them first! On a properly prepared paint finish, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 will look clear, smooth, and clean.
Note: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 is not to be confused with other waxes, sealants or nano-coatings, this is different. Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 uses a resin technology that forms a permanent bond to paint and cures, just like an extra layer of clear coat.
Once Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 cures, washing is the only maintenance needed to keep your vehicle looking fantastic. The coating can be clayed but it should not be necessary since Opti-Coat 2.0 releases contaminants easily. Use detail sprays as desired to intensify the gloss. You can also use Optimum Poli-Seal by hand or with dual action polisher with a foam finishing pad to clean the paint over time.
Say goodbye to waxing! Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 provides permanent paint protection to keep your vehicle looking its best indefinitely!

I have no vested interest in this company, but I'm considering using it on my rims and if it holds up, the rest of my car.
Old 04-03-13, 06:46 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

^Not impossible - it lasts. I actually use these products, so who are you to tell me they will not last when you have NO experience with them? Your analogy is not even a logical comparison.
^Meguiar's makes a lot of amazing products, however these coatings are marketed to a very limited amount of people, mainly professionals, so I would assume Meguiar's doesn't see the benefit in joining an already saturated market if they do not have something ground breaking to add to it.

Proper car care (when a coating is applied) is as simple as making sure to hand wash it regularly... I would say at least every other week. Every week is best. These coatings are extremely chemical resistant, but (just like your clear coat) can still be damaged by things like bird bombs, acid rain, etc if they are left on the paint for an extended period of time.

^Opti-Coat is a ceramic based coating, 22ple is a silica coating - both form a hardened layer that is harder than your clear coat. These products have no problem meeting their durability claims. It sounds like you are just a pessimist who likes to talk ****** about something you have no experience with just because it sounds too good to be true. These coatings are just protection, they are not miracle products that will make your car look brand new forever. Swirls, scratches, oxidation, etc are all still going to occur even with the coating... but you will NOT need to seal or wax your car while the coating is on your vehicle. Chances are you will need to polish the car again at some point, which would remove the coating, however another benefit of having the coating is that when polishing, you are removing less clear coat since the coating was there. make sense?

As far as your ignorant self leveling comment, just watch the video.... once again, how on earth can you claim something does not work if you have never used it?

^Every professional car detailer that is aware of current products does offer some type of coating... if your "detailer" does not know what Opti-Coat or 22ple is... chances are he is not doing the best he can to provide the best products to his customers. These products have been taking over the market for the past several years and are becoming extremely popular! Other popular coatings include CQuartz & Wolf's Hardbody. As far as OEM's using these products... why would they bother? They paint the car, it is not up to them to wax the car for you is it? Some dealerships will try to sell you a "protection package" for like $800 with similar type of products, but at that price it is insane since most dealerships "detailers" do shoddy work anyways.

^1) You're acting like I am some fool who just went online and found some amazing product that claims to cure cancer or something. 2) This product is very proven 3) Please do not accuse me of informing people of false information. I take great pride in the work I do and the products I use. I only use the best products, and I stand behind every word I have said about these coatings - they will last when the proper prep is done prior to application and they are applied properly. Simple as that. Maybe YOU need to do some research of your own before criticizing my area of expertise because you believe something sounds "too good to be true".

In summary: You need to do some research before you try to talk ****** on things that you clearly know nothing about. It is very disrespectful for you to call me a straight liar when you obviously have not taken the time to educate yourself on what you are arguing against. C'mon man, have the common courtesy to think maybe you don't know everything and that you can learn something from other people. This is a perfect example of the closed-mindedness that people get stuck in that makes them miss out on plenty of great things in the world.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you... or if you would like, maybe I can "make up" some more facts about these products that don't work.

*Let it be known that I have absolutely NO affiliation with Optimum Car Care or 22ple, however I use many of their products on a very regular basis and I stand up for the products that work for me and my customers.

-Zach

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 04-03-13 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-03-13, 07:58 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ Very well put. zmcgovern4 is a very good detailer. If you take a look at his website it is obvious that he is very passionate about his work and has spent sooo much time and money into it.
Old 04-03-13, 08:05 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by zapa
^^^^ Very well put. zmcgovern4 is a very good detailer. If you take a look at his website it is obvious that he is very passionate about his work and has spent tooo much time and money into it.
^fixed! haha

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated
Old 04-03-13, 08:22 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

^fixed! haha

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated
No problem man. You put so much effort into your posts and the cars you detail. People dont understand how amazing these new coatings are just because they have no experience with them. The cool thing is they are so easy to apply and the results are just incredible.

Quick Reply: Yeah, another detail on a F