IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Considering 2009 ISF

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-13, 09:35 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering 2009 ISF

Hello everyone! I'm new although I've been reading these forums for a few weeks trying to soak in some knowledge. I currently have a 2009 370Z 6mt which I hope to sell soon. Hopefully I'll soon be a Lexus owner and will stick around here!

I was originally looking for a newish low-mile IS350 but came across a loaded 2009 USB ISF with 40k listed at $42k. I never expected to find an ISF locally, but am definitely considering it as an option. It'd be nice to not only trade into an IS like I was planning, but also something that is even a bit quicker and more unusual than the Z.

So have a couple of questions! First, is 42k a decent price? I've looked at other current listings but its still kind of hard for me to judge given the range of prices and model year differences. I figure it wouldn't hurt to get the opinions of current owners and those who may have purchased their F recently. I know I could get a newer and likely lower mileage IS350 for less so I'm really trying hard to decide if this is what I want to do.

Next, is there anyone here that went from a 370Z to an IS350 or ISF? If so, than beyond the obvious, how do you feel about the change?
Old 03-19-13, 09:50 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

ISF is the way to go its rare and is going to be discontinues for the next few years so get one if u can
Old 03-19-13, 09:52 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i went from a 04' g35 sedan to the F. been about a year since i purchased my 09 F. i got mine w/ 24k miles, $46k otd. so, about $42k sticker. so, compared to mine, the one you're looking at should be a little cheaper imo.

i've never driven an is350 but have driven the 250 many, many times. (my wife's previous car.) have you test driven the F? put it in sport mode and give it a drive. i'm sure you'll make up your mind real quick! going from 260/270 hp in the g35 to 416 in the F, it's night and day. completely different animal in a good way. good luck.
Old 03-19-13, 10:10 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Two answers: 1.) $42K for 40K miles is maybe slightly on the high side, but not by much. See if you can get it for $40K. 2.) The ISF is a huge upgrade over the IS350. If you buy the IS350 you'll always wonder how much better the ISF is. If you buy the ISF, you'll forget about the IS350. Definitely give it a test drive, and definitely put it in to sport mode when you do, which is a little button/switch on the lower right side of the dash near the steering column. When I did my test drive the salesman just tossed me the keys and let me go by myself which was great, but he did not tell me about the sport button and I didn't know about it.
Old 03-19-13, 11:06 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

I have driven the 350 and the 250 and I can say they don't even come close to my F. And as vbb said you will ALWAYS wonder what could have been if you didn't pick up the ISF. I had this same syndrome when I had my WRX I always wondered how much further my build would have gone had I had an STi. As others said put it in sport mode when you test drive, I didn't when I was test driving and I still loved the ISF lol.
Old 03-19-13, 11:07 AM
poster123
Driver School Candidate

Look at 2010. It has an LSD. When I was looking for an IS F I saw one in Vegas for $42.5k with 30k miles (it was listed at $45k.
Old 03-19-13, 11:51 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went from an 04 350Z Track Edition to my F and it isn't even compatible in performance and interior quality. I did miss the manual trans on my Z at first but it goes away pretty quick when u feel how fast the F shifts in sport/manual mode. I almost traded my 350 for a 370 but after I drove the F and saw that I could get a low mile 08 F for about same price as 370 it was a no brainer. Don't get me wrong, 370 Z is a damn nice car but not in the same league as an F
Old 03-19-13, 12:16 PM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by snea
Hello everyone! I'm new although I've been reading these forums for a few weeks trying to soak in some knowledge. I currently have a 2009 370Z 6mt which I hope to sell soon. Hopefully I'll soon be a Lexus owner and will stick around here!

I was originally looking for a newish low-mile IS350 but came across a loaded 2009 USB ISF with 40k listed at $42k. I never expected to find an ISF locally, but am definitely considering it as an option. It'd be nice to not only trade into an IS like I was planning, but also something that is even a bit quicker and more unusual than the Z.

So have a couple of questions! First, is 42k a decent price? I've looked at other current listings but its still kind of hard for me to judge given the range of prices and model year differences. I figure it wouldn't hurt to get the opinions of current owners and those who may have purchased their F recently. I know I could get a newer and likely lower mileage IS350 for less so I'm really trying hard to decide if this is what I want to do.

Next, is there anyone here that went from a 370Z to an IS350 or ISF? If so, than beyond the obvious, how do you feel about the change?
Is ur 370z matte blue and have iss forged wheels?
Old 03-19-13, 12:26 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

I looked up the kbb on it, 42k seems to be inline with their valuation. I would shop around in the within 500 miles area to see what else is out there and prices just to make sure.
Old 03-19-13, 12:49 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm trying to sell the Z before I buy anything, but maybe I can get a test drive in sometime soon. It'd be nice since I'm sure there aren't any others available close by. I'll definitely broaden my search before pulling the trigger on anything though.

Originally Posted by eddyisf
Is ur 370z matte blue and have iss forged wheels?
It's the regular monterrey blue (best Z color!) and the wheels are venaci spirits (same thing as Work Gnosis GS2 for anyone that isn't familiar with the Venaci/Work history)
Old 03-19-13, 02:54 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

I think you should definitely test drive the ISF before making a decision. If it's in your price range, why wait? One thing that everyone brags about having Lexus car is its reliability. I consider 40K low miles . I've driven both 250 and 350 and it's not even close. Make sure you look at other ISF years before buying. Lexus made changes to throughout the year since it came out in 2008 (i.e. suspension, LSD, wheels, leather, etc...). Good luck.
Old 03-19-13, 07:29 PM
djeuch
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snea
It obviously depends on condition, but I picked up an immaculate 2009 USB IS-F two months ago for $42.5k, and it had 40k miles... I talked them down from $45k. I usually do very well on negotiations (not just cars) and they really weren't going to go much farther down from there, despite it having been on the lot for about 4 weeks (very rare with these cars).

In great shape, it is absolutely within the ballpark of price.
Old 03-19-13, 07:56 PM
Turizmo01
Rookie

Never pay what the asking price is, always bargain the price to get the best deal!
Old 03-19-13, 08:00 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't consider it, just do it.
Old 03-19-13, 09:33 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Turizmo01
Never pay what the asking price is, always bargain the price to get the best deal!
LOL that's a given! You guys have got me wanting the ISF even more! I would love just buy one now, but then I'd have to evict the Z from the garage...and would just rather use the cash from the sale towards the new car then do it any other way. Even though it may take a little while to sell (I really don't to part out the mods). I think it's best to take things one step at a time.

Quick Reply: Considering 2009 ISF