IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BMW 335i vs ISF

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-13, 08:19 AM
M3EATR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW 335i vs ISF

Hey guys, need your input and opinion real quick. Ever since I bought my IS-F one of my friends won't stop ****** talking.... basically how gay lexus is-f is and how I should have went with M3, constantly bringing 8 speed auto tranny as his argument vs "real man's 6 speed" etc... ( he himself drives a modded 335i coupe) In any case, i got tired of all the bashing and told him to either step up or **** and called him out.

We are gonna 1/4 mile race at the local track here once it opens and possibly a few roll on takes.

His mods are:
Stock twin turbo I6, 3.0l
Short Ram two cone Intakes
Blitz BOV
COBB stage 1 tune
3575lbs approx
He is fat guy, maybe 225lbs

My mods are:
5.0L V8
Joez Intake
Joez Full Exhaust
Secondary Cat-deletes
3780lbs, im tiny only 170lbs

Any predictions on what my 1/4 mile should be?
Old 03-15-13, 08:30 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default couple of thoughts

enjoy your car, your a lucky guy to have such a great car. silence your friend by laughing it off interanally that he has some jealous issue about you and the car. then drive your car safe and enjoy the v8 power when you need it to pass or have a little fun. dont race on the street or the car will get taken with the new rules on racing. as far as the track both cars are similiar in power and quarter mile times, alot of it will come down to reaction time at the light and how you hook up off the line with traction. i love your motor its a ls430 motor with better direct injection than mine i have ls 430 but dont bet against a 335 twin turbo bmw motor, great engines that can handle alot of modification and sometimes you wont know whats done to it.
safe driving, sorry my 44 year old age is coming out and thinking how i would have let this guy bother me at 22, in one ear out the other my friend
safe travels
Old 03-15-13, 08:44 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Practice some starts with traction control off. It will make a difference.
Old 03-15-13, 08:46 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

"he is a fat guy" LOL

is he a good driver? sorry, i have no idea who will win. good luck.
Old 03-15-13, 08:50 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

look in the drag thread. make sure you remove all items in the car and remove all items in the trunk. you should shed almost 100lbs. if you can get some dr's for the track. with your mods you should be running 12.2-12.4 all day. your 60 ft is going to determine winning. pratice good launches and make sure you shift after the beep and on the rev limiter.

go get his ***!
Old 03-15-13, 08:57 AM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't worry about the 335i that's competition for the is350 not the isF. You should be able to take home without a problem what so ever.
Old 03-15-13, 09:12 AM
Capn
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

Hate to say it, but that is typical of "that" type of BMW owner. The ones that ruin it for all the rest of them (us). And yes, I am BMW guy as well.

BMW's are great. They certainly are a drivers car. And yes, you can tune the crap out of them. I've owned a lot of them but the Lexus is a fabulous car with outstanding technology. I have a few of those BMW friends that talked a little dung when I got mine. Then I took them for a ride in it and it opened their eyes.

I buy my cars for me. Not anyone else. We're all different, it's what makes the world go round.

and with that, beat the hell outta him at the drag strip! lol Good luck.
Old 03-15-13, 09:33 AM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, if your gonna run him do it from a higher roll since those turbos run out of juice top-end or get some headers
Old 03-15-13, 09:39 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i pretty much have the same mods, except i have sikky header and i was able to take out a GTR on the highway going about 160mph..
Old 03-15-13, 09:43 AM
M3EATR
Rookie

Haha thanks guys for the good luck wishes! Normally I wouldnt worry about 335i but I read a few things about COBB and apparently that thing adds tons of wheel horse power and tq by reprogramming ECU, boost, and throttle response. There are no money on the race, just pure drivers pride so Im hoping to whoop his A... at the track This will probably happen sometimes in april so I will update this thread with the outcome
Old 03-15-13, 09:52 AM
nonford
Rookie

With the tune, don't be rattled on the jump he gets, let the F do its thing, when 80 hits, you'll smile from there....
Old 03-15-13, 09:56 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

a 335i modded is a threat more so than the 392 m3, imo. it the 335i is midly modded, it will keep up to about 70-90 and then start falling on its face. ive seen some monster 335i around town that would give the F a whooping lol
Old 03-15-13, 10:18 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't read through this whole thing, but just keep in mind that when his car stops out of no where and doesn't start, his fuel pump goes kaput and a ton of other problems...then we'll see who's car is faster...LOL.

I have two friends with 335s and they HATE IT, the problems seem endless. One of them even got BMW to pay him back $4000 in lease payments because the car was at BMW so often. Another friend of mine has had the car lose power instantly while she was on the freeway. Both of them have had the car for about 3 years and both have been in the shop more than half a dozen times.

M3 is nice, don't get me wrong, but I personally look for a balanced car, and the IS F is it. Yeah, the C63s are faster, M3 handles better (as it should, it's in its 4th generation). 6 speed manual vs 8 speed auto....I hate to say it but auto's will be the future. Look at the new Porsche 911 GT3...it's PDK (Porsche talk for dual clutch) only.
Old 03-15-13, 10:19 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, typical BMW owner. Not to create a fight, but the majority of the ones I know are cocky, fanbois, and think their cars are invincible. Too bad their cars have spent more time in the shop than my 15 year old Integra.

Anyways back on topic, modded 335i's are quick (obviously compromising reliability with a tune), I think top-end the F will take it. This is not a fanboi comment in any way but the paddle shifting in the F (0.1 sec upshifts) is faster than a traditional manual tranny.
Old 03-15-13, 10:27 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EATR
Hey guys, need your input and opinion real quick. Ever since I bought my IS-F one of my friends won't stop ****** talking.... basically how gay lexus is-f is and how I should have went with M3, constantly bringing 8 speed auto tranny as his argument vs "real man's 6 speed" etc... ( he himself drives a modded 335i coupe) In any case, i got tired of all the bashing and told him to either step up or **** and called him out.

We are gonna 1/4 mile race at the local track here once it opens and possibly a few roll on takes.

His mods are:
Stock twin turbo I6, 3.0l
Short Ram two cone Intakes
Blitz BOV
COBB stage 1 tune
3575lbs approx
He is fat guy, maybe 225lbs

My mods are:
5.0L V8
Joez Intake
Joez Full Exhaust
Secondary Cat-deletes
3780lbs, im tiny only 170lbs

Any predictions on what my 1/4 mile should be?
u going to take it everytime no problem here, now if u run the M3 mods or any other with similar rival to the F, then u need header, and reduce weight on the car, change out suspension, lighter wheels, install header, gut out your trunk=spare tires tools, all the accessories that u dont need in daily driving and 1/4 of gas tank. Your i deal is the F weight about 3500lbs=for daily driver but for track now u can take out all the seats , I/E/H , 1/4 gas tank and LET'S ROLL

Quick Reply: BMW 335i vs ISF